[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone ever use this thing back in the day? I never did.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: mqdefault.jpg (8KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8KB, 320x180px
Did anyone ever use this thing back in the day? I never did. I think the only game I had that made use of it was Pokemon Pinball and that was just to share high scores iirc.
>>
Pokemon GSC had mystery gift. Sometimes you'd get rare dolls for your room or rare items. It had a five times per day limit though.

IIRC there was a 007 game that could send and receive IR signals so you could turn your GBC into a TV remote.
>>
I used it a few times, but I can probably count them with both my hands.

For the Pokemon TCG game you could, "card pop", sadly finding a person who had both a GBC and the Pokemon TCG game was a bit hard so I never got all the "exclusive" cards from card pop.

I also used it with Pokemon Pikachu 2, which was the second edition of the Pikachu tamagotchi type device that also had the IR port to switch data with Gold and Silver.

It was a cool idea but it had very limited functionality, I remember thinking that with that we would be able to trade Pokemon and battle instead of the dreaded link cables but it obviously wasn't possible with that tech, I just didn't know.
>>
>>4197728
I also tried to trade like that.
>>
>>4197660
I think some game let you use it as a TV remote. Only time I ever used it was to transfer scores in Super Mario Bros Deluxe or some shit.
>>
I know what I'm gonna ask isn't retro, but how often has Nintendo pushed something silly like this with Pokemon?

I remembered even on DS, it had infrared i think and it didn't really need to
>>
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe used it. It was only to trade scores but you unlocked a cute stamp if you used it.
>>
>>4197660
>tfw had siblings to pokemon mystery gift with
>>
>>4197728
pokemon TCG and the pikachu 2 are the only instances i can remember using it as well.
>>4199240
HG/SS had it to communicate with the poke walker
>>
>>4199272
>tfw didn't
>>
>>4197660
>IIRC there was a 007 game that could send and receive IR signals so you could turn your GBC into a TV remote.

Pretty sure this was Mission Impossible? I may be wrong but that's what I remember.
>>
>>4200746
should have been a reply to >>4197672
>>
>>4199285
>>4197728
This. Can't remember ever using it for another game.
>>
>>4199231
Mission Impossible for the GBC had a remote function like that. It had some other features too like a calculator. Wikipedia says it had an address book and a message transmitter but I don't remember much about them.
I remember using the gameboy to mess with TVs like a mischievous little shit.
>>
>>4197660
I had one of those Pikachu mini things and would use Mystery Gift with it.
was always super disappointed you couldn't trade in Pokemon Gold via IR (made sense that you couldn't battle, it'd be way too easy to disconnect mid-way)
>>
>>4199240
Nintendo in general has always pushed silly things that end up becoming features later on even if the original devices were "failures".

GB Camera became a staple for the DSi and 3DS.

The Pikachu tamagotchi is eventually what became the pokewalker.

The wireless adapter for GBA in the Pokemon remakes were became standard for the DS.

Rumble pak became a feature of all controllers.

The Pokemon tamagotchi basically gave away to the failed Pokemon mini portable machine that failed but whatever.

The failed motion adapter for Gamecube became the Wii.

The gamepad idea was perfected for the Switch.

What I like about Nintendo is they really do innovate, they try a bunch of weird things and only a third of those become successful but when they do you realize how brilliant they are and how those ideas evolved through out the years. Of course that also means we get a ton of silly ass WTF Nintendo shit from them two thirds of the time.
>>
>>4197660
I did mystery gift pretty much every day with my brother back in the day. That's the only thing I remember using it for, but at least I made good use of it.
>>
I remember using it with the Pokemon Pikachu, and I think I battled my brother in Bomberman Max using it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.