[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else who's favorite game is generally considered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: 1500048353175.jpg (20KB, 369x365px) Image search: [Google]
1500048353175.jpg
20KB, 369x365px
Anyone else who's favorite game is generally considered bad or disappointing by most people?

I don't even bring mine up anymore most of the time because I'm tired of the same "how can you like that game?" and "that game sucked" comments.
>>
>>4196516
Well, let's hear it OP.
>>
>>4196517
Naming my favorite game would make this thread about that game. The point of the topic is having a favorite game that is generally disliked.
>>
I like ff8 for its mechanics, tone rebellion, and chaos legion (not vr , though). All those games have fun systems, but feel unpolished to most people.
>>
>>4196527
>OP chooses to derail his own thread because he won't tell us what game he likes
>>
does ff7 count?
>>
Chrono Cross
Quake II
Half-Life

All 3 have rabid naysayers who always show up to tell you how much those games suck compared to their favorites.
>>
I have one but I'm also not telling what it is because I want to focus on reassuring OP he's not the only one.
>>
>>4196708
I had no idea Quake II and Half-Life were treated this way. I've never played the HL games, but I hear people constantly praise HL2 and just kind of assumed they like the first one as well.

Quake II was pretty good in my experience, though I didn't play a lot of it. I love the original, though.

>>4196691
Might be more of its own thing since it's popular, but I bet saying FF7 is your favorite game does get a lot of "really original pick" and "ff7 is overrated trash" comments... so I guess it counts?

>>4196686
I love Chaos Legion and have absolutely no idea what I like about it other than admittedly really cool enemy designs.
>>
>>4196712
What a good friend.

Phantasmagoria. I like how cheesy it is, sue me.
>>
I have a few, but you'll never know!
>>
>>4196736
I'll be your best friend if you tell me!
>>
>>4196736
Wand of Gamelon
>>
Resident Evil clone, but I like it way more than Resident Evil. More interesting setting and plot with the same tank controls and horrible voicework, and it makes me sad that nothing ever came of it.
>>
>>4196708

Everyone likes HL1, some more than HL2.
>>
>>4196527
How would it be any different than someone else listing the same thing?
>>
>>4196708
Who complains about HL1? Quake 2 I understand, but enjoy.

I'd say Turok Rage Wars. It's much slower than Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament, but I think it's one of the best multiplayer experiences on the N64. "Campaign" is mindless, but feels great. And the unlockables make multiplayer much better.
>>
File: shadowwithgatling.jpg (48KB, 941x536px) Image search: [Google]
shadowwithgatling.jpg
48KB, 941x536px
not retro but still
favourite retro game i like that everybody hates on is sonic cd
>>
>>4196772
I don't think anyone hates it. The only people who dismiss it have never played it, and only say "RE Clone". If you play it, you can see what it offers.
>>
>>4196891
Sonic CD is maybe the only good Sonic game not on the MS/Genesis.
>>
>>4196896
>implying triple trouble was bad
>>
>>4196896
Sonic Pocket Adventure isn't the most original title but it's solid as fuck
>>
>>4196740
Oh, ok...I suppose!
Zelda 2, Megaman 1, Dragon Quest 7, Albert Odyssey and Starcraft 64.
>>
>>4196930
Starcraft 64?
MY SOUL KINSMAN
>>
Yes, mine is Castlevania 64
>>
Not really, my favorite games are typically considered among the best by most people, but since the internet and especially 4chan is filled with contrarians, I got used to seeing people hating on them for no reason other than being popular games.
>>
File: bubsy-3d-1.png (84KB, 512x360px) Image search: [Google]
bubsy-3d-1.png
84KB, 512x360px
>>4196516
I FUCKING LOVE BUBSY
>>
>>4196708

Naysayers? You mean teens and people in their early 20s played these games recently and think their opinion counts.
>>
>>4196896

You must love horrid level design. Pretty sure most of you people that claim CD is great is because of the music and graphics.
>>
I don't fucking care if people dislike what I like
I really love that game and nobody can stop me
>>
>>4198354
I actually enjoyed Castlevania 64 as a kid but couldn't figure out why I never got very far. I thought I just sucked at it but I've heard people say it's bullshit?

I remember really liking the atmosphere and gameplay, though.
>>
>>4198440
It isn't bullshit, it just kicks you out halfway through if you play on easy mode.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1502939181036.jpg (21KB, 570x416px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502939181036.jpg
21KB, 570x416px
>>4196930

I like zelda 2 too
>>
>>4198623
Was this a masturbation joke?
>>
>>4198624
It used to be Chuck's sign
>>
>>4198625
>Do not Chuck Willie
I don't get it.
>>
>>4198640
It used to say Do Not Fuck and Suck - Chuck. It's a dirty joke, anon, don't overthink it.
>>
>>4196516
I really like gotcha force. I don't know if that counts.
>>
>>4196708

I actually enjoyed Quake II more than Quake. For me it was more consistent level design (really, Quake feels like in the middle of the process someone said "fuck it, let's make a completely different game" and then just glued these two together) and art. Also it had a quite good story (for FPS game) for that time,
>>
Sonic the Fighters is my favorite fighting game
>>
This might be too modern, but I liked Dead Island.
A lot of people have gripes over what it ISN'T and never bother to look at what it IS.
>>
>>4198647
This is some extremely meta trolling.
>>
N64 is my favorite console.
>>
Baseball for nes. Just baseball. No brand, nothing. Fucking straight up baseball. You haven't lived if the infielders aren't fast as fuck and the outfielders seem to run a pixel at a time. Root beer and baseball 2020
>>
>>4196930
Only jerks dislike those except for StarCraft 64, which only sucks by virtue of having better ways to play it.
>>
>>4196527
It's safe. Tell us.
>>
>>4196891
Your favorite game of all time is shadow the hedgehog?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.