[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, Just wondering what your favorite games are that you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: snes-pad.png (865KB, 1456x969px) Image search: [Google]
snes-pad.png
865KB, 1456x969px
Hey guys,

Just wondering what your favorite games are that you can beat in one sitting, or just an afternoon.

Looking for some to play with a mate when he visits, preferably SNES games.

One of mine is Super Mario on Super Mario All Star.
>>
cotton 2 and cotton boomerang on the saturn. ikaruga too
>>
>>4196229
If PSX is an option, the original Resident Evil.

If SNES is what we've got, try Doom, Mario Kart, Street Fighter 2 or Final Fight 3.
>>
>>4196229
Megaman X is a personal favorite of mine. I like the other two on SNES as well, but the first one is nice and simple, and I have all of it down solid. Good afternoon killer right there, even if final Sigma gives me some trouble here and there
>>
>>4196252
>Doom SNES
This kills the man
>>
>>4196258
FWIW, my order is always the same when I want a chill, easy run:

Chill Penguin
Storm Eagle
Flame Mammoth
Spark Mandrill
Armored Armadillo
Launch Octopus
Boomer Kuwanger
Sting Chameleon
(Repeat stages as desired for upgrades/hadouken)
>>
>>4196229
>preferably SNES games
Starfox (Starwing), if you count finishing a route or routes
F-Zero
Super Mario Kart

Applies to their N64 successsors as well.
Wave Race 64

Other SNES:
Turtles in Time
Super Metroid
>>
>>4196229
Pic heavily related if you have an nes
>>
File: hqdefault(2).jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault(2).jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Panel de Pon
>>
File: 285309-actraiser_map_f.jpg (49KB, 564x640px) Image search: [Google]
285309-actraiser_map_f.jpg
49KB, 564x640px
Pic related. I pay through s few times a year and just knock it out in 2-3 hours.
>>
>>4196229
Zelda 1 and Punch-Out!! are extremely satisfying to play in one sitting.
>>
pocky and rocky
>>
>>4196229
You can't go wrong with Contra.
>>
>>4196229
>Looking for some to play with a mate when he visits, preferably SNES games.
Rock 'n Roll Racing
>>
>>4196229
if you want to play with a friend i suggest

Goof Troop or Magical Quest 3
>>
File: gauntlet_legends.jpg (178KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
gauntlet_legends.jpg
178KB, 1024x768px
>SNES:
Mario All-Stars is fun for turn-based multiplayer, but I don't believe there's any kind of co-op play aside from the versus matches in SMB3.

For co-op, Kirby Super Star is good. The second player can take control of Kirby's helper. I'm not sure whether Gradius III is turn-based or co-op, but that's something else to look into. Contra III is definitely co-op.

The Super Bomberman games support up to 4 players in versus mode.

Tetris Attack and Super Mario Kart are fun for PvP.

>Non-SNES:
Gauntlet Legends, or its expansion, Dark Legacy. Both are multiplat, and the number of maximum players depends on which version you play. The PS1 port of Legends allows only two players, while all other ports should allow 4. Great co-op hack-and-slash game that can be completed over a weekend.

Bushido Blade, and Bushido Blade 2. Both PS1 exclusives. Two-player versus games. They're fairly realistic weapon fighting simulators. It takes only one blow to KO your opponent, but the length of matches isn't necessarily short if your opponent is good at blocking.

Are you into racing games? There are too many to cover in the length of only one post.
>>
Hey great replies guys! Anyone else got anything to throw in?
>>
File: cat.png (541KB, 1024x932px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
541KB, 1024x932px
>>4196229
Kinda hard for me to narrow it down, I don't really like playing the same game multiple times so I rarely if ever hit a game's breaking point to do that. If I had to pick one though, Super Mario 64 because I can fucking plow through it like a black man plows his booty call.
>>
File: 1492209848851.jpg (12KB, 400x261px) Image search: [Google]
1492209848851.jpg
12KB, 400x261px
>>4197872
For SNES co-op multiplayer than can be beaten in a couple hours, I recommend:

Kirby Super Star
Joe and Mac / Joe and Mac 2
Run Saber
Shubibinman Zero (just got a physical release)
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
TMNT 4: Turtles in Time
Final Fight 2
Final Fight 3
Captain Commando
Knights of the Round
King of Dragons
>>
Super Smash TV, especially co-op.
>>
>>4196229
Pop 'n' Twinbee is a fun two player co-op shmup, you can share health and use the other player as a projectile weapon. PAL and JP only.

Turtles in Time - ace two player scrolling beat em up with a battle mode, nuff said.

>>4200701
Also Total Carnage. It was never as good as SMASH TV but still fun OTT violence (unfortunately censored compared to other versions) and absolutely hilariously ridiculous.
>>
File: super_star_wars_box_art.jpg (29KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
super_star_wars_box_art.jpg
29KB, 400x277px
>>4196229
A playthrough of Super Star Wars takes about as long as watching the movie. I like that.
>>
>>4196229
>>4196229
Gunnac on NES is a great way to kill 45 minutes
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.