[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>December 9, 1999 So it's not very good, the rules are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 11

File: forbidden memories.jpg (80KB, 484x500px) Image search: [Google]
forbidden memories.jpg
80KB, 484x500px
>December 9, 1999

So it's not very good, the rules are simplified and its AI cheats, but we all seem to like it.

Why?
>>
>>4195431
I dunno, it's like the first Yugioh game any of us played? I could barely get past the Egypt segment, that game cheats like a mug
>>
AI cheating can be fun. See 100% orange juice and any racing game with rubber banding
>>
Because it captured the bullshit factor the original anime had.
>>
File: 1484569488632.png (416KB, 712x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484569488632.png
416KB, 712x480px
>>4195790
Yugioh had no bullshit. It was extremely self-aware at all times
>>
>>4195883
Fuck, I remember laughing so hard at the princess who looks like Mokuba, then getting weirded out because Seto programmed that game world.
>>
File: 1501468490734.png (438KB, 708x480px) Image search: [Google]
1501468490734.png
438KB, 708x480px
>>4196269
Mokuba is the author's self-insert
>>
File: arle sweat.png (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
arle sweat.png
34KB, 640x480px
I only knew how to play Yugioh thanks to this game.
I had fun trying to see if I could always beat the ridiculous AI this game has, but fuck, I've only ever been able to beat this game once, and that's because of having three Meteor B. Dragons.
>>
Twin Headed Thunder Dragon's Excellent Adventure
>>
>>4195431
I had pic related which I believe uses the same ruleset. Seriously, fuck elemental types so hard. Such a bad mechanic when you go to attack a face down card and despite being weaker, it crushes you. Shit turned me off to the card game, and I didn't find out for years about the differences in mechanics.
>>
Personally I hated the game, I'm just glad that selling the included cards years later made buying it profitable if only in the long term.

Of course every game that used it's shit system made me love twin headed thunder dragon.
>>4197246
You didn't actually learn how to play the card game at all then.

>>4197261
I had the NA version of II (called Dark Deulist Stories) and I remember at least some of the music being pretty good.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=a8Vrajb_jKs
>>
>>4197261
>>4195431
Don't these games have different rules from TCG? I've played both and I remember both the cards and rules being different. I'm pretty sure they used some beta ruleset before TCG was out
>>
>>4195582
How is rubber banding fun?
>>
>>4197305
Yeah, they're both very different from the actual tcg and are pretty bad references for it as well
>>
I must have played at least 500 duels before discovering that you could press triangle to see a 3D render of the monsters fighting. I thought only Exodia had the cutscene.
It must have taken them a lot of time to animate all those monsters, and most people never even saw them.

Also, Low Meadow Mage ftw.
>>
File: arle sad.png (188KB, 252x274px) Image search: [Google]
arle sad.png
188KB, 252x274px
>>4197278
That's the worst thing. I didn't know that the rules are drastically different from the actual game.
>>
>>4197310
Play Gran Turismo, choose one of the 500 lap races and see what happens when a racing game doesn't rubber band.

You win by 25 laps and are bored almost to literal death.
>>
>>4197394
>implying I didn't use the Escudo Pikes Peak Version and won even if I hit all the walls
I wasn't even drifting on curves anymore. I just used a nearby car as a cushion.
Must be why they penalize you for doing the same in GT3.
>>
>>4197382
It's alright, Arle. Your games are better anyway.
>>
File: arle celebrates.png (78KB, 215x230px) Image search: [Google]
arle celebrates.png
78KB, 215x230px
>>4197407
>>
>>4197502
I'll bully you
>>
File: arle IS NOT FOR BULLYING.gif (130KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
arle IS NOT FOR BULLYING.gif
130KB, 500x427px
>>4197505
>>
>>4197257
For the first few hours maybe. It goes:
>Twin Headed > Dark Magician > Skull Knight and finally Meteor B Dragon plus Megamorphs grinded from Pegasus in hours long S-TEC sessions
>>
>>4197310
What reason do you think most devs opted for rubber banding? Think a little.
>>
>>4197401
>tfw did that with some need for speed game on the gamecube
Literally blew my mind when I discovered I didn't need to steer in a racing game
>>
>>4197261
Is that the one where you win parts off of people and make your own monsters? That one was pretty entertaining.
>>
>>4197641
I guess it was so widespread that most games nowadays punish you for doing it.
Imagine someone doing this online and going unpunished.
>>
I personally like Dark Duel Stories more, even if it's just more of the same.

It feels a lot less grindy and at least there's tributes.
>>
>>4195431
i didn't the GBA games that actually followed the rules were alot better.

>>4196269
i don't see why you would be suprised by this. it's completely in character for kaiba to do something like this.

keep in mind the entire series happened because kaiba wanted a rare card
>>
>>4197694
Ain't Mokuba Kaiba's little brother?
>>
>>4197701
yes and?
>>
think the farthest i got was the bug guy with the glasses in the arena. game straight cheated me and i never was able to beat that fuck
>>
>>4197681
i always loved the yugioh games where they had different scenarios as yugi & kaiba. you can always tell the devs liked kaiba better since his side was always the easier of the 2 because they fed you scrubs as kaiba

they continued this trend in the duel links where most of the beginning of game is kaiba squashing school children & 10 year olds until joey shows up (granted this probably applied for yugi too since i doubt they'd make separate scenarios for a phone game)
>>
>>4197694
I personally don't like the ones that follow the rules that much. And I know how to play the game and even played it a lot (and still do sometimes, even if it's a mess right now), but for my vydia I really don't like to start with a shit deck, unless the game doesn't follow the rules. Sacred Cards and Refresh of Destruction are probably my favorites.
>>
>>4197261
Those games are the sports games of Gameboy, there is hundreds of those games in all used game shops. Fucking hell Japan
>>
>>4197713
it's pretty weird that he's program his little brother as a princess
>>
File: 1479528172583.png (471KB, 710x480px) Image search: [Google]
1479528172583.png
471KB, 710x480px
>>4198787
Well Mokuba did end up getting kidnapped a lot. It makes sense for Kaiba to make a replacement
>>
>>4197648
I loved that shit. It was broken as fuck though.
>>
>>4197573
If you had two memory cards you didn't even need to grind past the initial desired drop
>>
>>4198692
>but for my vydia I really don't like to start with a shit deck
first thing i always did was scan my deck into those games as a base and build it up from there with the cards they give you/win.

also the decks they give you to start with aren't that shit since most of the games fed you scrubs at the start

>even if it's a mess right now
that's unfortunate.

i had hoped that them nerfing everything from GX onward would've fixed everything
>>
>>4195431
It's probably the first yugioh game most of /vr/ played. It's bullshit hard, Blue Eyes cards are 9999 stars if you tried to cheat for them and everyone got rekt in the beginning but we still love it. Kind of sadomasochistic, really.
>>
The soundtrack is really good. I remember falling asleep on the password entry screen once.
>>
>>4198787
like i said kaiba does weird shit all the time.

>obsessed with a rare card to the point where he makes it not only a mascot but models his clothing, theme parks, jet planes, etc. after it
>literally sets fourth the events of the series over said rare card
>hired 4 hitmen to beat yugi in games of skill
>trapped yugi & friends in a carnival of death games
>tried to subject his brother to said death games
>builds a space elevator as part of some endgame where he goes to the afterlife to beat an egyptian pharaoh in a card game
>creates a private boarding school for the sole purpose of teaching children a card game
>school has weird shit happen there too like death cults and animal testing labs
>makes 100% accurate holographic clones of people he knows as training partners
>has GitS style human computers
>>
>>4199000
was it autism?
>>
>>4199000
>space elevator
Was necessary to complete the Milleniium Puzzle at zero gravity. Do you even Yugioh?
>>
>>4199221
if that was true then how was yugi able to do it the first time around?

checkmate atheists
>>
>>4199368
Yugi knew how to do it. Zero gravity was needed because Kaiba needed a machine to calculate the solution for him.
>>
>>4195431
Because it's a legitimate strategy game. You literally have to outsmart the cheating AI
>>
>>4199883
You joke but it's in character with the Yugi-verse for things to cheat.
>>
>tfw I learnt only a few years ago that it even cheats
What's weird is, on my first playthrough, I've beaten everyone easily up until you get back to Egypt.
Then the Grass Guardian beat me up like an adult could a 4yo.
Strangely, the third Kaiba fight before Nightmare was really easy.
>>
>>4195431
It has a nice grind
A cool bit of complexity
Shitloads of cards to unlock
Relatively simple
>>
>>4197528
You're right. Arle is for raping.
>>
>tfw pocketstation actually made this game playable by letting you fuse cards and KEEP the final fused card
>all support was removed outside of Japan because Pocketstation was never released outside of Japan
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.