[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were certain games like Gimmick and Super Bomberman 3 released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1460640509461.jpg (9KB, 308x298px) Image search: [Google]
1460640509461.jpg
9KB, 308x298px
Why were certain games like Gimmick and Super Bomberman 3 released in Europe (in English) but not in the US?
>>
>>4194068
2cute4them
>>
>>4194068
Markets are different. Probably turn their kids gay if they played them. Murcia kids needs guns and buff men shooting them. Kinda ironic really.. all tho buff men holding big guns..
>>
>>4194068
Why were shitloads of games released in US but not in Europe?
>>
Too anime. Europe isn't as scared of the animes as much as America but they're still bretty darn scared.
>>
>>4194187
Too many languages to translate to, usually.
>>
>>4194215
lel no, about half of or kidshow was anime, some even co-productions between countries
>>
>>4194259
Very few games in the 8- and 16-bit game eras were translated to languages other than English.
The few that were translated were basically only translated only translated to French, German and possibly Spanish.
While there were some exceptions like the Swedish translations Shadowgate and Deja Vu they NEVER translated anything to your language if lived any of countries where English, German or French weren't your native language.
>>
>>4194187
>shitloads of games released in US but not in Europe
You mean only a few shitty JRPGs like Earthbound that no true gamer cares about.
>>
>>4194379
Most games that were translated to French and German were also in Spanish except for a handful of them. Landstalker comes to mind.
>>
File: mario bait.png (18KB, 927x885px) Image search: [Google]
mario bait.png
18KB, 927x885px
>>4194393
>>
>>4194436
I'm pretty sure there were games translated to Italian as well but the point of 99.9% game never getting any translations to many European languages still stands. Care to guess how many NES and SNES games were translated to my native language back in the day? To my knowledge F-15 Strike Eagle is the only one that has few Finnish lines of text in it.

Anyway to get back to OP's topic the reason why we got games like Mr. Gimmick here and our american friends isn't because of cutey animu like style but in the fact it was a game released late in NES's life cycle and at the time SNES was already out in the states and already gotten enough momentum for people to not give a shit about NES anymore while in Europe NES was still at the height of it's popularity.
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>4194393 (You)
>Earthbound
>"shitty JRPG"
>"true gamer"

you're not even trying, anon
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.