[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else wish the red and black aesthetic of virtua boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 3050016-inline-vboy-virtualbox.jpg (85KB, 596x527px) Image search: [Google]
3050016-inline-vboy-virtualbox.jpg
85KB, 596x527px
Does anyone else wish the red and black aesthetic of virtua boy games applied to other games too? I just find it super comfy.
>>
>>4192820
no
>>
Not particularly
>>
>>4192820
Using those red and blue 3D glasses gives a similar effect in loss of color because of the red and blue filters. If you have a nvidia gpu it has built in stereoscopic support so you can use those anaglyph glasses with any game.
>>
>>4192820
I read your whole post in a voice with a lisp, it seemed appropriate.
>>
>>4192820
Red and black is why the nazis looked so good.
>>
File: virtual-boy-wario-land.png (4KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
virtual-boy-wario-land.png
4KB, 384x224px
I just wish the VB had more games, yeah I like the red and black aesthetic. Wario Land is moody as fuck and the color scheme fits the whole underground caves atmosphere of the game.
>>
The first time I played a Virtual Boy at a demo kiosk I knew it was going to fail. I still bought one when they hit $20 and it was fairly worth it as a novelty but I can't really play it for very long without eye strain. I'm sure its largely on account of my wide pupillary distance but literally 100% of my friends hated the red LEDs
>>
>>4192820
Black and red screen...what were they thinking? I think if the Virtual Boy had color, it could have succeeded.
>>
>>4193017
and gunpei yokoi wouldn't have had to die
>>
File: file.png (84KB, 640x576px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
84KB, 640x576px
It really only works with games limited to four shades, like those already on the Virtual Boy or on the Game Boy.
It's certainly more pleasant than the pea-green screen the Game Boy had, but there's no way it'd work without a backlight.

It also becomes immediately obvious why most Virtual Boy games used primarily black backgrounds.
>>
>>4192820
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYkpbMTt_Xc
>>
>>4193045
Would green have been easier to stare at? I find that red to be painful on the eyes.
>>
>>4193060
Have you ever actually used a virtual boy? Everything is subdued somewhat because all you see is the screen in the dark so it won't be as annoying as you think.
>>
>>4193083
not to mention the brightness is dimmed somewhat by the red lenses. As with many emulations, it's brighter on the computer than in real life.
>>
>>4193017
It was released about 1 year before decent blue/green LEDs came on the market. It's a shame really.
>>
I love the VB but I hate that it runs at 50FPS rather than 60. It makes emulating it on a 60Hz screen feel so choppy.
>>
>>4193093
yeah it has nice black levels, blacks are super black
>>
>>4193189
The black is literally as black as the human eye can see
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.