[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit this is the greatest RPG I've ever played Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1181.jpg (27KB, 250x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1181.jpg
27KB, 250x256px
Holy shit this is the greatest RPG I've ever played

Anyone know what the differences are between the ps1 and saturn versions are?
>>
>>4192317
there's a Turbo CD version but idk if that was the original or a prequel
>>
The Saturn version uncensored some content during the game itself (the CG cutscenes are the same in both versions).

>>4192335
The Saturn/PSX versions are enhanced ports of the Turbo CD original.
>>
>>4192530
Really! That's kind of interesting, I wonder what they decensored.

There's always so much going on with the time system, I always wonder what I'm missing.
>>
I'm so curious to know wtf is going on in this game but I don't know nippon and can't seem to find a story discussion anywhere.
>>
>>4193309
I have learned some stuff, I'll try my best to sum it up the best of my ability. If anyone knows something is wrong tell me.

In Neo Kenya a meteorite is set to hit the country in eight years and ultimately destroy it. Knowing this is happening a military team is sent in order to round up a male and female of each of the animals that inhabit the land, being the future these are all mutated versions of real animals. Basically the game is primarily about rounding up all the animals before the meteorite hits.

While this is the main event of the game there are three other important events that open up, the player will choose one of three scenarios. The first involves Linda, the childhood friend of the hero Ken and the reason for the game's name, being kidnapped by a chrismas themed satanic cult and turned into their priestess. In scenario 2 Ken and Linda are about to get married but are attacked by robot bug assassins. In this attack Linda loses her arm but a doctor that looks like Hitler gives her a cyborg arm. In the scenario 3 Ken awakens to find he has already married Linda but has no memory of any of it.

If you couldn't tell this game is pretty bizarre. Sadly a full English translation doesn't exist which is a shame as it seems really unique.
>>
>>4193329
>Sadly a full English translation doesn't exist which is a shame as it seems really unique.
An english translation is in the works, but I wouldn't expect it to be finished any time soon https://doushiuhohtranslations.wordpress.com/category/linda-cubed-again/
>>
>>4193309
>>4193329
Playing this game would be pretty much impossible without a translation or knowing japanese. Even if you figure out how to register and sell monsters and train dogs, there are several text-only hints that tell you what to do next in the story, where to go, etc.

That said, this game has some of the best writing I've ever seen. It both takes itself completely seriously and doesn't even begin to give a fuck, all at the same time. Near the beginning of the game, when Santa shows up to deliver a threat to you, the music gets extremely creepy, and the wording is as ominous and ambiguous as possible. Sent shivers down my spine. But then, the player character can just say "can you repeat that?" over and over again.

Fucking love this game.

"What does a panda eat?"
a: bamboo b: bread (pan) c: eucalyptus

Answer: there are no pandas in linda^3 so I don't know
>>
>>4193564
Seems the primary barrier is the game being a bitch to hack/mod. According to the translator on GBAtemp anyway.
>>
>>4194292
Could it be because he's trying to tackle the PS1 version?

I imagine the PCE game is a lot more friendly to work with.
>>
Would any anon who knows moon be willing to spoil or explain the story?
>>
>>4194741
See >>4193329
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.