[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Try to think of a RPG you love, where do you grind and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: FFVII_Air_Bomber.png (253KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
FFVII_Air_Bomber.png
253KB, 640x428px
Try to think of a RPG you love, where do you grind and why?

I often used Junon Forest to grind for Limit Breaks in FF7. These Jetbird things hit often but not hard at all yet raised your meter quite a bit.
>>
>>4192065
Is it a meme to overprocess your games just to try and trigger people now -- this is NOT what FF7 looks like lol
>>
>>4192067
The PSN version for PS3 and PS4 look like that.
>>
>>4192072
crying rn
>>
FFV. i never grind in that game, i run from virtually every battle i can
>>
>>4192095
same, though when I do want to max out a job, I've found that using break blade plus bladeblitz in the rift works great.
>>
>>4192095
>>4192120
>running from any battle ever in an RPG unless you're dying
>>
>>4192065
Final Fantasy Tactics - Mandalia Plains and Sweegy Woods

Once I got Rad, Lavian, Alicia and Boco, I'd sit at those two locations and fuck around and max out every job for them.

I used to like trying to turn Rad into an approximation of Gafgarion and have him solo duel him at the execution and gate fights. Knight with Oracle secondary and Short Charge to 1 round Drain Life. The fights would always be epic since they were pretty close stalemates with them draining one another's life back and forth. WoL and Fell Knights sort of made that superfluous though.
>>
File: Knife_-_FF5.png (278B, 22x26px) Image search: [Google]
Knife_-_FF5.png
278B, 22x26px
>>4192130
*runs away and becomes stronger*
>>
FFT, the uhh dungeon with the ninjas, so I can catch those juicy weapons. If you put Worker 8 on the poison panel and keep recasting golem, you're completely untouchable.

>>4192143
Ah yes, the shame blade.
>>
>>4192120
havent maxed out any jobs in many years, but when i did i used to grind those statues in the val/bal castle basement where odin is located
>>
>>4192130
>old JRPG with high encounter rate
>going through zone with low level enemies that give almost no exp or gold
>implying I'm going to sit through attack animations when I could hit run and instantly end the battle
>>
>>4192076
>>4192067
you couldn't be more of an odious faggot.
>>
FF6 - Jurassic Park Forest, and Cactuars in the desert for Esper points
>>
>>4192402
>anon tried run
>it failed
>anon tried run
>it failed
>anon tried run
>it failed
>>
>>4192065
Mithril Mine is better for it imo there's a room near the exit with consistent horde encounters for easy level+limit grinding.
>>
FFX

high bridge
>>
>>4192130
>pointlessly killing innocent monsters
scum
>>
Chrono Trigger, the subterranean Tyrano Lair in 600AD. There's one spot where you spring a 'trap' and three dinosaurs line up for easy points and the room can be reset very quickly and endlessly. Also, Tyrano Lair is my second-favorite CT piece after Undersea Palace, so there's that, too.
>>
>>4192867
>Tyrano Lair is my second-favorite CT piece

I question your taste in music. I usually turn of the sound when I'm doing that place. I can't stand it.

Almost as horrible as this. Almost.
https://youtu.be/TCUdhcRQMC4
>>
Phantasy Star 2, I grind a lot around Zema town to tool up my guys and there are a quite a lot of Locusta type enemies worth lots of mst
>>
File: RamzaSwole2.jpg (232KB, 860x1200px) Image search: [Google]
RamzaSwole2.jpg
232KB, 860x1200px
When I play through Final Fantasy Tactics I usually don't end up grinding in the traditional way. What I end up doing is isolating enemies and waiting for their comrades to crystallize so I can absorb their abilities.

When I do grind in a traditional sense, I usually hire on a level 1 generic or use the weakest member of my party to reduce how much EXP I gain. My favorite places to do so are Lenalia Plateau for the rare calculator battle, Zerekile Falls since I really love the atmosphere, Bervenia Volcano because it's a fucking volcano, Barius Hill because of the super monster battle and END due to the fact it gives a mix between fun difficult and easy as sin battles to grind on.

>>4192141
>Knight with Oracle Seconday
I like you a lot.

>>4192187
This is a good map too, after you get your brave up to 97 you don't even really have to cast Golem unless you want to.
>>
>>4192867
Yeah I did that a ton of my recent run a few weeks ago. Also farming Tubster for Power tabs/points and Ruminators for Megalixirs.
>>
File: latest[1].png (76KB, 332x317px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
76KB, 332x317px
>>4193446

I know this is /vr/, but in any JRPG, ever, DQIX on the 3DS had the worst BGM, especially the dungeons where the Metal Slimes wanders around.
>>
File: Battle the damn bird.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Battle the damn bird.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
In Legend of dragoon I usually train up additions and D Levels between the Barrens and the Valley
of Corrupt gravity, mostly because now I have everyone and also because the Blue Bird is worth a good amount of EXP if you can kill it
>>
>>4193573

Not only are these buggers rare to find, killing them is just as hard.

They only have like 10HP, but all of your hits does only 1HP,

And they tend to run away scared before you even kill them off.

Using the Falcon Blade (Attacks twice) is advised, and these creeps gives like thousands of Exp, it's the most effective way to level up fast, especially in DQIX with it's many classes and skills to master.

This is the BGM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LguNN2__HSk

Gosh. DQ has some of the most mundane BGM / OST ever. It's like you give an autistic kid a toy piano and he'd play it one note at a time up and down the scale at varying tempo.
>>
If I have to grind in FFIX, I unleash my inner Veghesther and grind Grand Dragons with Level 5 Death.
>>
>>4193446

The music is inspired by the Indonesian/Javanese 'kecak' chants and the 'gamelan / angklung' percussion instrument in Bali.

I mean doesn't everyone remember this OST?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNDMGSWfVq0
>>
>>4193581
>DQ has some of the most mundane BGM / OST ever.
lol, poor thing
>>
>>4193446
I think that theme kicks major ass.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkxuPxdsZ58
>>
>>4193446
tyrano lair always sounded to me like it influenced dark messenger from ffix
>>
FF8 Disc 2, during the Galbadian Garden assault, when you're inside, they have a Hockey Ring, and you often fight 3-5 mobs of the same enemy, over and over again, and they'll die from one Ifrit, and give you a level up 90% of the time.
>>
>>4192065
I love a lot of RPGs but I don't grind in any of them
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.