[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you get over retro-gaming? Would you, for example, feel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Have you get over retro-gaming? Would you, for example, feel better if a game from a 90s franchise was released with a retro-aesthetic?
>>
retro aesthetics-fetishism is cancer. i play old games simply because they are better
>>
>>4191958
I have become uninterested in newer games and find myself replaying older titles (and before nostalgia blindness is brought up, I have never stopped playing the older titles).

Maybe its because some newer games are rushed out, broken, and fixed later in patches. Maybe its because some have content locked behind paywalls. Maybe it's the steam like indie games that seem more like half games. Maybe i just miss the days when games were released generally bug free, and as complete as possible.

I don't know, I don't think a retro-esque title mimicing a 90's franchise is going to interest me. All newer games just feel the same to me now, regardless of genre or theme. Nothing the came out on PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Gamecube, Wii, WiiU really seemed unique. It all just blends together in a cluster fuck of mediocrity. At least thats my opinion any way.
>>
>>4193126

you my boy
>>
>>4193180
I'm not saying newer games are bad, I'm sure many people who enjoy them, and would disagree with me, but for me anything after ps2 (and even a lot of games on ps2) just seem to blend together and seem mediocre.
>>
First get over the "ALL modern games suck." mentality. Realize the truth that all systems, both modern and retro - have 15% good stuff in their libraries and the rest is 'meh' to outright crap. Embrace this and you'll be free to just want to play good games regardless of what platform they're on.
>>
oldfag here a friend brought his xbox one with killer instict, i played snes killer instict all the time and i did´nt have much money back then so my games were counted but i enjoyed pretty much all the characters on the rooster when it put the game and i saw like 5 characters i begin to search for a way to unlock characters and he said to me na you have to buy them... well then it hit me the thing that i enjoyed from old games were the quest the thrill of th hunt if you want triying hard for getting 100% or all the characters fighting like 1000 times well now most of the games sell you an incomplete product and they make you believe that its ok to pay for an incomplete produc.t
>>
If Square Enix released Final Fantasy VII-2 with Cloud and Tifa fighting new alien jews on Earth while Zack and Aeris fight beautiful demons in heaven, literally on black backed Playstation 1 disc I think it would sell better than the VII remake will and probably could be produced cheaper.
>>
>>4193126
I'd say you're wrong about the GC, other then that, pretty spot on.
>>
>>4193126
Pretty much this besides a few gems here and there.
>>
>>4193303
I wish I never read this because now I will forever want this.
>>
>>4191958
No, and honestly if anything like that was released, it wouldn't get much sales regardless.
>>4193191
This. Though I didn't have much of a problem with PS2 titles. I had a shit ton of games for PS1 and PS2, I only have less than 25 for the PS3, and maybe 10 for the PS4. No one's innovating anymore.
>>
>>4193235
There is a more common mentallity that all old games suck which is never denouced. At least i think people playing retro games have also the experience with moder games to pronounce better (but not the best) judgement.
>>
>>4191995
>cancer
>>
>>4193398
Only 9 year-olds think that.
>>
>>4193398
That's not true. Just like everything modern being shit and released broken. You are a mental case.
>>
I always wanted to see a FF game where the characters actually look like Amano's designs.
>>
>>4191958
What, so like Sonic Mania?
>>
>>4193303
>probably could be produced cheaper.

Not with all the deleted assets.
>>
>>4193823
That's why vr is so popular then
>>
>>4193191
Games used to be made by people who enjoyed games, now it's gone too corporate.

Ps2 was the pinnacle of gaming, it was the last console with fresh and original games.

Everything afterwards was just mainstream garbage.

But at the same time I can understand why gaming has gone to shit.The cost of producing modern games is way more labour and cost intensive then the old days. Publishers don't want to take risks so they just churn out whatever the fuck the hypemachine is on.
>>
>>4199676
>Games used to be made by people who enjoyed games, now it's gone too corporate.
Explain the game crash of '83 then
>>
>>4199676
Theres been plenty of amazing games on current gen consoles, and even last gen.

Don't be a dingus. Most games big releases, are just OK, they're not awful, and not great. There are a shitload of shovelware titles, but you can spot those a mile away.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.