[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone here good at this game, or at least like it a lot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1920x1080px
Is anyone here good at this game, or at least like it a lot? I've been trying to play through all 9 levels without dying so I can unlock some other characters, but if you mess up and fall off the edge once it resets your score to 0. Any advice?

Also general Intelligence Qube thread.
>>
>>4187707
I think I played some demo of it a long time ago (on one of the euro demo cds), but I don't remember it very well. I remember that it got awful scores in the reviews, but I thought it looked really pretty in the screeenshots.

I guess I'll try to find the demo so I can give it another try.
>>
This one is big on my "I love this game but suck at it" list. I sadly don't think I can be of much help.
>>
>>4187712
it's a fun game, considered a classic on the PS. the demo is pretty much the whole game, that's probably why it didn't get good scores, plus the fact that review scores were actually critical of games back then and <7/10 rated games weren't considered to be garbage that should be avoided.
>>
>>4187707
Literally the only good thing about this game is the music. Other than that, it's just a game I fucking suck at and my criticism is garbage since I can't even play enough of it to form an opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L689svlVnCA
>>
>>4187707
IQ had other characters? i just remember playing the hell out of the demo.
>>
>>4187707
>Any advice?
Focus on being perfect early on. Towards the final levels, it's a struggle to make it to the end without losing too many lines. At that point, it's just a matter of survival.

Practice complex maneuvers, like walking through the corner of two blocks that are moving. Being able to get out of bad situations helps out a lot later on. The big idea is to avoid getting crushed, since that usually leads to lost lines. Losing a block or two is usually not as bad as getting crushed and having a bunch of blocks go over while you are down.

Start hitting the blocks as soon as they start rolling. Every line they move forward is one less line you have for moving and backtracking.
>>
Getting creative using the green blocks is a good way of getting shit out of the way but you've honestly not got to catch any black blocks in the 'blast' or you lose rows. Even if it's getting rid of blocks as they roll away and not using the whole 3x3 range.

Love this game and it deserves more love on here. The soundtrack is probably the greatest thing about it though. Whoever thought this game needs a full orchestra is a genius, really makes this tiny little man detonating cubes into the most epic thing imaginable.

https://youtu.be/RL5HuwdW_P0
>>
my thing is PC ports.
does anyone know of any games like this for PC?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.