[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know where I can get Deathmatch Classic resources

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1502561801946[1].png (152KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1502561801946[1].png
152KB, 300x351px
Does anyone know where I can get Deathmatch Classic resources like mods and custom maps?

I'm thinking of getting a server running, but I want some maps and shit like the grappling hook mod. Also some documentation on how to start and maintain a server would be nice. From what I've read HLDS isn't the best way to get things going.
>>
File: 1499728142789.png (956KB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
1499728142789.png
956KB, 1280x913px
>>4185747
>modded DMC
Sometimes I just want to play CS/HL/Sven Coop/DMC populated yet vanilla and not go apeshit crazy with enhancements and custom maps
>>
>>4185753
There are nothing but vanilla servers for DMC. I already played vanilla DMC with a ton of people the other night and now I want to try hosting my own server with some new shit.

The stock DMC maps are bad. There's like 6 of them and none of them were really designed for more than 4 players at once in mind.

DMC doesn't even have anything in the way of "crazy" custom maps from what I've seen. All I really wanted in terms of mods was the hook mod to counter the game being so RL-dependent.
>>
>>4185782
Actually I will say that DM3 and DM4 are pretty good.
>>
>>4185782
Last I checked they were all servers populated with bots which you won't know unless you checked the server info for a second or two
>>
>>4185806
Ok?
>>
>>4185782
arent the DMC maps just the quake maps?
>>
>>4185840
Yes. The stock DMC maps are DM1, DM2, DM3, DM4, DM5, and DM6.
>>
>>4185747
There's Half-Life Threewave which is a cancelled, but recently completed by the Half-Life community, expansion that ports Quake Threewave CTF to DMC. It even comes with grappling hook. You might be interested in it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2o3u80r22be2njv/Half+Life+3Wave+CTF.rar
>>
>>4185840
DMC is well, Quake 1 multiplayer...
>>
>>4185747
isn't the hook from an AMX Mod X thing

don't use it, just go vanilla

also you probably want to use the SteamCMD method today
>>
>>4186364
I already did vanilla. I want to try something new.
>>
>>4185747
death!
>>
>>4187291
yes
>>
Is HLDS completely defunct now? Is SteamCMD the absolute only way to get a Half-Life server running?
>>
>>4188542
yes
>>
>>4188550
Well shit
>>
SteamCMD refuses to install all the proper files no matter how many times I tell it to.

Thanks, Valve.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.