[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why the fuck can i not be playing a remake of this game right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: aragon-back.jpg (264KB, 624x952px) Image search: [Google]
aragon-back.jpg
264KB, 624x952px
why the fuck can i not be playing a remake of this game right now

why the fuck can i not
>be recruiting heroes
>managing & equipping & customizing armies
>administering cities & investing in infrastructure
>be researching spells at the college of magic
>be conquering the continent as a based prince & avenging my father
>be making difficult decisions in counsel
>exploring ruins and gathering artifacts
>engaging in diplomacy with other states
>completing my awesome journey by sitting on the throne of aladda

i don't care if these are not all features of the original
i do not want more endless legend or w/ev, i want this
it is 2017 ffs
what the fuck
why is this not a thing
why the fuck has there not been a sword of aragon reboot
>>
I know how you feel, OP. I'd love to see a remake of Warlords 3, or even just a version that will fucking run.
>>
File: the thiccness.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
the thiccness.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
>>4185598
my man warlords 3 was the jam. i loved customizing the army builds, i haven't thought about this game in years

>checks GOG
>still on wishlist
>sweet, maybe they'll release it in 15+ years

the king's bounty remake kind of scratches this itch but seriously i would fucking love if it somebody got the license to SoA and did a clean-slate remake with all the modern trimmings & graphics &c
>>
>>4185596
Is that the back
>>
>>4187286
>aragon-back.jpg

yeah I think so mate
>>
how much different is this from the DnD stronghold, or kingdom simulator game

how does it compare with Master of Magic?

also completely agree with >>4185605
>>
File: sworda2.jpg (98KB, 1114x1666px) Image search: [Google]
sworda2.jpg
98KB, 1114x1666px
>>4187425
>how much different is this from the DnD stronghold, or kingdom simulator game
not sure, don't think i've played those

i mean there are some super-complex 4x simulators out there no doubt. dominions or w/e. and it's not like civ or anything doesn't do all of this and more.

>how does it compare with Master of Magic?
good question. MoM is a pretty amazing game, and i guess
>puts on wishful thinking hat
if i were going to purchase the rights to SoA and reboot it i would basically have to ask myself the same question: is there anything that this would do that you can't already get from MoM? and i guess atm the answer would be, uh, maybe not.

i put a *lot* of time into the king's bounty remake. that game was as close as i want to ever come to having a legitimate crack habit. the king's bounty remake was disgusting in how much it seemed to understand what i wanted: to be a roving warlord, gather armies, basic hex-grid combat, play with army combinations, customize skill sets, all that. the fundamental thing was the idea of the gold, and travel, and the slightly dingbat setting.

but i don't know, i'm kind of hung up on this idea of an SoA remake, because it just seems like it's *right there.* raising up the cities, building and developing them, conquering the continent...i mean shit you could have expanded weather features, rampaging monsters, limited diplomacy with the other cities, a council ring...ugh.

it's already sort of like king's bounty in a way, in that the different cities all have relative strengths, weaknesses, and so on. i suppose i could just go back and play KB again if i wanted, but i've played the shit out of that one.

stuff like this is just fun to think about. ideally it would be pretty short, i think, a continent you could conquer in just a couple of hours, MoO2-scale. expand the map a little more, introduce a few new features...
>>
File: 55HmtPK.jpg (90KB, 700x444px) Image search: [Google]
55HmtPK.jpg
90KB, 700x444px
>>4187645
i think it's also because maybe the names of this game always evoke a strong REH vibe, but after conan has stopped being a barbarian and has to now become a king. at least that's how i imagined this setting to run: dark fantasy, but not retarded dark. the land of reformed barbarians.

howard is never a bad look.
>>
>>4187653
moar art in that vein. you wouldn't even need the conan license, either. just this kind of vibe.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.