[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here racing wheel master race? What controllers/seats/games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: GamePodGT2EVOPRO1[1].jpg (509KB, 1250x1251px) Image search: [Google]
GamePodGT2EVOPRO1[1].jpg
509KB, 1250x1251px
Who else here racing wheel master race? What controllers/seats/games you got?
>>
just got a cheap thrustmaster ferrari red legend, it's surprisingly good to play MAME (Virtua Racing and Super Monaco GP are my favourites), DOS titles like TNFS and emulate the Negcon in epsxe
>>
I've just got a Thrustmaster TMX Pro but after playing around and finding it awkward to use on my crummy setup I decided to order a Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2.

Been playing a little Dirt Rally which is heaps of fun. I can't wait for the stand to arrive.
>>
I got a Xbox 360 Force Feedback Wheel. Has anyone patched any of those MAME games to take advantage of the force feedback? I feel some games simulated the road and wheels pushing back against the way you're turning.
>>
>>4183404
I only got a Dreamcast racing wheel.
>>
>>4186067
Model 2 emulator supports force feedback.
>>
got
-Logitech G25 (that motherfucker still works with win98)
Lately I've been playing carmageddon 2 with it.
-sega saturn wheel for Sega Rally Championship

Looking for gamecube wheel so I can play N64 games, already have an adapter, hope it works for the wheel.
>>
File: Dial_it_in.jpg (840KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Dial_it_in.jpg
840KB, 2592x1944px
>>4183404
I have this for the N64. Also a JogCon that came with R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 and a NeGCon for Rage Racer.

While steering wheels are a great part of the experience, especially in arcade racing/driving games, I think a lot of home games had designed their games around the analog sticks. Unlike fighting games, where some would prefer certain joysticks (like US HAPP or Japanese Sanwa/Seimitsu) and I continue to use d-pads, contrasts with how I think most players, including myself, play a lot of racing games better with analog sticks than a wheel/pedals. I get using the right tools for the right job, and a steering wheel should provide more subtle degrees of input, but if there are no forces like tires on a surface fighting back, the feel may not be there and the control sensitivity may be lost. I think aside from the feel in the experience of playing racing games with a wheel and pedals, a wheel/pedal setup may be a hindrance to a lot of racing games and the advantage lost with the potential to be outperformed by pad players.

>>4186783
Awesome, I loved those games like Daytona and Sega Rally in the arcade. However, the arcade games I loved playing with a wheel goes beyond Model 2.

I also remember super scaler games like Power Drift, Outrun, Rad Mobile, Virtua Racing, the Rush series, etc. with sweet hydraulics moving me too, but a steering wheel was also part of my arcade experience with Crazy Taxi, Pole Position, Crusin' series, Sega Super GT, Race Drivin', 18-wheeler, etc. So I think the 360 Force Feedback Wheel would be great if it were supported in MAME. My local arcade, opts for stand-up cabinets of games and less sit-down and hydraulic games to shove more games into its limited space, so I will miss out on how I remembered a lot of these games without sitting down to a wheel & pedals (and stick shift).
>>
>>4186783
>>4187746
Supermodel (Model 3) emulator supports force feedback too.
PCSX2 has wheel emulation support for games that support it, which means force feedback.
>>
>>4183404
I play Forza 5 with some Logitech wheel during lunch break and I can't drive well because it feels absolutely nothing like driving a real car. I always end up switching back to a gamepad.
>>
>>4188039
try playing a game besides forza then?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.