[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the appeal of belt scrollers? They are actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 12

File: g457.jpg (75KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
g457.jpg
75KB, 640x360px
What is the appeal of belt scrollers? They are actually quite boring and simple.
>>
>>4181518
no idea, but they paved the way for god hand, the greatest jab & jog of all time, so they're cool in that regard
>>
File: animaniacs-09.png (160KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
animaniacs-09.png
160KB, 640x480px
I dunno, I thought Animaniacs was fun. Finding all scripts offers replayability, also since the game is non-linear it makes several playtrhoughs more enjoyable.
>>
>>4181518

The best beat-'em-ups are actually pretty dynamic. Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara, Sengoku 3, Golden Axe Legend... Then there's the really intense ones like Alien vs Predator that overwhelm you with enemies.

I'll never understand why Streets of Rage 2 and, like, Final Fight are considered the peak of beat-'em-ups. Probably because the actual best ones almost never left the arcades (some of them didn't even leave Japan).
>>
File: XPfIdwh[1].png (699KB, 615x416px) Image search: [Google]
XPfIdwh[1].png
699KB, 615x416px
>>4181570
I'll never understand why Streets of Rage 2 and, like, Final Fight are considered the peak of beat-'em-ups. Probably because the actual best ones almost never left the arcades (some of them didn't even leave Japan).
>>
>>4181570
>no Techno's
>>
File: segadrivemobile.jpg (257KB, 826x1104px) Image search: [Google]
segadrivemobile.jpg
257KB, 826x1104px
>>4181518
>They are actually quite boring and simple.

Cut them some slack. There's only so much you can realistically do with electromechanical stuff.
>>
File: segadodgem.jpg (105KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
segadodgem.jpg
105KB, 600x770px
>>
File: segagrandnational.jpg (146KB, 948x793px) Image search: [Google]
segagrandnational.jpg
146KB, 948x793px
>>
File: segagrandprix.jpg (202KB, 822x1100px) Image search: [Google]
segagrandprix.jpg
202KB, 822x1100px
>>
File: seganightrider.jpg (74KB, 820x1084px) Image search: [Google]
seganightrider.jpg
74KB, 820x1084px
>>
>>4181518
San Francisco RUSH
>>
>>4182385
>>
What? We used to play them at arcades, then we got the strippepd down versions for home. Co-op back in the day was tit. Couch co-op was the other tit. Both full an perky in their day.
>>
>>4181518
The one you posted is actually a terrific game
>>
>>4181570
>Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara
Glitchy mess. So easy that a caveman can beat it.

>Sengoku 3
Ridiculously bland and repetitive. Dumb AI. Literally no gameplay variation because you just do a launcher then juggle everything to death.

>Golden Axe Legend
Pretty decent.

Tower of Doom, Warriors of Fate, and Final Fight (arcade) are better.
>>
>>4181518
Beltvanias. They are called beltvanias.
>>
File: sonic.jpg (18KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
sonic.jpg
18KB, 336x188px
Ya damn kids and yer fancy new vidgagames!!
Seriously though, vidya is the ONE medium that kids should start in the NES/SMS days and work they're way up. With occasional breaks for actual arcade and a couple Atari/Coleco marathons per year.
I know it's probably stupid, but you lil bastards don't understand.
It's hard to relay info and experiences about the early days to the retro haters. The OG retro haters were there right along with us, but not playing though, cause they hated videogames anyway.
>>
>>4183307
Go to the fucking doctor old man you're having a stroke
>>
>>4183785
Fuck off ya mulignan bitch, gramps is right
>>
Scoot n boot is my fav genre. Boat loads of fun.
>>
>>4183801
Rumpy Pumpy Jumpy Punchy
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 331x152px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 331x152px
>>4183785
Hahaha, I worded it better in the Streets of Rage thread.
>>4183795
>>
>>4182481
better than arcade double dragon really

arcade double dragon is also nice though
>>
>>4181570
>I'll never understand why Streets of Rage 2 and, like, Final Fight are considered the peak of beat-'em-up
Because people who actually play the genre realize those games are better balanced and designed than shit like Mystara or Sengoku 3, pleb.
>>
Walkie punchies are way more fun and interesting when you're aiming for a 1cc. You go from "hurr I died so instead of learning to play properly I'm gonna put in another coin" to actually strategizing how to manage crowds, knowing how much further you have to go before you get your next heal, rationing health and knowing when it's better to take a hit vs. use your desperation move, etc. It's a really fun genre, but playing with unlimited continues is just as boring as playing a shooter with unlimited ammo and health, or a platformer with infinite lives.
>>
>>4181518
>They are actually quite boring and simple.
How many have you 1cc'd then champ
>>
>>4181638
Final Fight is cool, but Streets of Rage 2 is fucking overrated.

>>4181518
The River City Ransom remake on Turbografx is really good
>>
>>4181570
It's called the vocal minority with shit taste in beat 'em ups who never went to an arcade when they were kids.
>>
I find Lightbringer to be quite satisfying to play.
>>
>>4183834
Agreed. I actually sort of like the random bits of platforming in the game. I remember as a very young child getting a little stressed when I got to the bridge on mission 3. Then when I got a little older I could pretty well always make the jump quite easily.
>>
File: 59297-terminator2_576pyxurz.jpg (134KB, 1600x979px) Image search: [Google]
59297-terminator2_576pyxurz.jpg
134KB, 1600x979px
>>4181521
>god hand
Heh.

Picked that up MIB for 70p yesterday. Great game.
>>
>>4181518
they are the best games period
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.