[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have it? Is it worth it? The only complaint I always see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: blinkinglightwin.png (43KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
blinkinglightwin.png
43KB, 300x409px
Anyone have it? Is it worth it? The only complaint I always see is that is harder to take out the cartridge but it seems to work better in general.
>>
>>4180448
Yes, and it's worth it. The grip complaint is overblown I think, because the two I have grip only slightly harder than a top loader.
>>
Most things that fix the cartridge slot make it harder to remove cartridges.

Nearly a decade ago, I completely replaced the pin reader in my NES, and cartridges were much, much tougher to remove. But hey, no more cartridge read errors / blinking light / whatever else.
>>
>>4180448
The grip is tighter but how often do you have to switch games for it to be a problem?
>>
File: IMG_6642.png (256KB, 476x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6642.png
256KB, 476x477px
>not just disabling your lockout chip and bending the connector pins for free

Modern day "retro gamers", everyone.
>>
>>4184130
>Fixing the symptoms but not the actual problem
>>
>>4184217
that is fixing the problem you dope
>>
>>4180448
What is it
>>
Kill 10NES chip path on circuit board... never deal with this shit again.
>>
>>4180448
I'm probably just a nostalgia faggot but I don't want to mod my NES.

Besides, from what I've seen on videos on youtube most people seem to like BLW but they don't seem to take /vr/ gaming that seriously anyway. Most of those channels use a flat screen TV but want to use an original console instead of emulating it because of MUH INPUT LAG ... One guy even took apart his NES on a god damn couch. For Pete's sake, of all places you could pick to take apart an old electronic device it should be the last place because you risk frying your console internally like that. I bet some of those "retro gamuhrz" wouldn't even mind doing that on a carpet. If you really don't have a designated area then at least use a table or some other place where it's easier to keep the screws apart and use screwdrivers and all of that more easily and durably than on a couch.
>>
>>4187278
Blinking Light Win, it's a cartridge slot replacement for NES that the carts go in straight. You don't have to push down so the pins don't bend and the chance of games working in the first try is way higher.

It also disables region lock but that's just an extra for me.
>>
>>4183252
you should remove games from your NES after playing them and return the tray to the up position.
>>
>>4187575
I understand your toughts but BLW is not a permanent mod, it just use screws so you can swap to the old slot if you want some pushing down nostalgia. I think it's a nice alternative for those that don't like the flaws of the original toaster slot but don't have or want to use the top loader.
>>
I'd rather just get an AV Famicom
>>
I am considering this solution for my NES.

Will the stronger grip of the Blinking Light Win wear out cartridge contacts over time?

Will Famicom cartridges be a problem with BLW with their being shorter and lacking fingerthumb grips?

What about cutting the leg of the 10NES chip?
Will this cause any compatibility issues with certain games?
Does disabling the 10NES chip also remove the region lock?

What if I just clean and bend the pins of the 78pin connector?
Will the problem just come back in a couple months?

They are selling some new 78pin connectors at my local retro shop. Are those of acceptable quality considering they are made in China?
>>
>>4190241
The blw is just a replacement for NES' cart tray, moving the pins to an angle as to fit better and have a top loader like insertion. The 10nes chip removal shouldn't cause any problems.
Also, 72 pin, not 78.
>>
File: T89Adaptor.jpg (8KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
T89Adaptor.jpg
8KB, 200x145px
>>4190241
>Will Famicom cartridges be a problem with BLW with their being shorter and lacking fingerthumb grips?
A little bit but helps if your adaptor has a ribbon like pic related.
>What if I just clean and bend the pins of the 78pin connector?
Will the problem just come back in a couple months?
Yes, you can always do maintenance but it will always come back eventually.
>They are selling some new 78pin connectors at my local retro shop. Are those of acceptable quality considering they are made in China?
I heard that the quality isn't so great as the original, but since they're new, it will work better in the beginning. But as long as you have the original angled cart tray that needs pushing down, it will always bend the pins and eventually needs maintenance just like the original connector.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.