[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the huge difficulty spike when you first fight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: latest.png (9KB, 127x128px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
9KB, 127x128px
What's with the huge difficulty spike when you first fight kefka and his army defending the esper
>>
>>4180282
There's one really optimal configuration of your positioning, if you don't get it, it's tough, and you don't have long to set it up.

You also need to not finish fights as fast as you can sometimes if you need to heal. You also need to go in with enough potions for the guys that cant heal well.

Ff4 has a similar spike in yangs castle.
>>
There isn't really any difficulty in the SNES FF games. If you don't run from battles, create parties with a good spread of skills there isn't anything to worry about.

If you're fighting all the battles, you should have the money to buy the best equipment. Even if you miss the good, secret pick-ups, you shouldn't be in over your head.

Also, every version of FF6, from SNES to PSP allows you to hold A and auto-fight. Sometimes you can even save the cursor location on a command, like Tools --> Auto-crossbow, etc. 'Grinding', if you need it, is as simple as it could be.

The game isn't very tough.
>>
>>4180307
You should never grind before you get the first Espers because that's the only way as you can raise your stats like strength, magic power, speed and such.
>>
>>4180307
FFIV was pretty difficult
>>
I didn't feel any difficulty spikes in FFVI at all. The entire game was pretty much a cakewalk imo (and I suck at RPGs).
>>
>>4180441
none of which is really necessary for any of the challenges the game actually presents to you

people can 100% clear the whole thing with like, Gau at level 9 or some shit, and it really isn't even that complex to execute
>>
Just use Sabin and make sure gau leaps on a stray cat
>>
>>4180634
Only on DS. The original SNES version was even easier than 6.

Final Fantasy 5 can be somewhat difficult on a first playthrough, that much I'll concede.
>>
>>4180441
The game still folds in on itself if the party is over level 50, bonuses or no.

You guys who feel the need to micromanage esper bonuses are honestly taking an already piss easy game WAAAY too seriously.
>>
>>4180634
4 was balanced with the idea that you will fight every battle to completion with no exceptions. You stick to that, you'll do fine.
>>
>>4180307
This.
Do not run from battles, or you'll regret it later.
>>
>>4181027
You can say it wasn't difficult but it definitely was harder than 6. Never died once in 6. In 6 every character can be made OP in some way (especially Gau) in 4 you get a party with 4 squishy wizards at one point.
>>
>>4180282

Because you were a casual that tried balancing parties instead of making one over the top kill squad to waste them all.
>>
Goddamn final Kefka is such a weak bitch. Why couldn't the devs design him like Neo Exdeath?
>>
>>4180282
I'd say it's more a final exam sort of thing than a difficulty spike. You get to use every character and know their strengths are weaknesses at that point. My recommended parties are: one for the different troops (Edgar + Gau for their multi-target attacks. Let Edgar heal when needed), one for Kefka (Celes for runic and backup healing, Sabin for damage, Locke for healing and stealing). Terra and Cyan defend the rear.

Just make sure to stock up on items and don't waste MP.

>>4181046
I think that's true for most of the game excluding the Moon and the Underworld. They both have notable difficulty spikes.
>>
>>4181565
Kitase era final bosses have a tendency to be more like dramatic set pieces in films, he thinks more as a film director that wants a memorable scene rather than a video game fight.
>>
>>4181565
Neo Exdeath and Cloud of darkness are the only retro final fantasy final bossed that aren't complete pushovers. I'm with you, I wish more final fights were designed like them
>>
>>4181565
Kefka gave me more trouble than Zeromus or Exdeath. It's easy to lose some characters to the third phase's death counter, leaving you stuck with a bunch of shitters that get worn down by the Meteors and Ultimas in the last phase.

Like he's easy if you know what you're doing, but that can be said for any non-optional FF boss.
>>
>>4181762
I've always finished off kefka so quickly I never knew he even casted ultima until maybe a year ago. He'd usually get in Goner once and that was it
>>
>>4181565
all style no substance

but damn did it have style
>>
>>4180635

If you do even a little bit of grinding (XP or AP), the game's difficulty goes out the window.
>>
>>4181773
No joke, me too.
Which is a shame because i loved his design, the entire battle climbing and the theme in general.
>>
>>4182019
smoke bomb is 300 gp, no reason to fight the same enemy a few times. just be prepared to get anally fisted by Ninjas on the floating continent.
>>
>>4181698

You're overthinking. Gau+Edgar+Terra+Celes can just zerg right through straight to kefka without having to worry about a thing. When the game first came out I remember watching a friend trying to meticulously balance parties and take out all the enemies. He gave up after two hours. Then I just bulldozed through by putting all eggs in one basket.
>>
>>4180282
>spike
Runic bro.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.