[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Releases the 6th collection of old games >Cancels every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Keyart_Horizontal.jpg (336KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Keyart_Horizontal.jpg
336KB, 1920x1080px
>Releases the 6th collection of old games
>Cancels every new game

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>4180242
capcom does this occasionally.

the point of them is to test the waters to see if anyone even still wants new games...

>they did it with street fighter for SF4
>they did it with with marvel vs capcom for MvC3
>they did it with resident evil for RE7
>they did it with darkstalkers which is why the series is still dead
>they did it with devil may cry but the jury is still out on how that did

...as for why they cancelled the new MM games i have no doubt in my mind it had everything to do with spiteing keji for leaving
>>
>>4180242
not retro
>>
>>4180436
fuck off, it's more retro than discussing fucking dreamcast
>>
>>4180436
>Mega Man 7 and 8
>not retro
>>
>>4180242
not gonna lie, there's literally dozens and dozens of mega man games. Some definitely suck but there's more good than bad

that's not even counting endless romhacks and all the new shit IntiCreates is making

Apparently Mighty Gunvolt Burst is pretty good
>>
>>4180414
DmC did bad enough for them to distance themselves from the redesign (Dante went back to classic for the upcoming MvCI, and honestly I'd say the remaster of DMC 4 after DmC mean they're still on the fence about the series)
>>
>>4182354
>implying there's anything like Legends 3
Nah, just kidding Legends was shit.
>>
>>4180414
>the point of them is to test the waters to see if anyone even still wants new games...

Don't do this. Don't legitimize their PR-speak by regurgitating it as if it's the truth.

They are not "testing the waters" to see if people still want new entries in some of gaming longest-running and most popular franchises such as Mega Man and Street Fighter. Of course people want new entries in these series; that's obvious. What they are really doing is trying to do is make a quick buck by re-releasing old titles and holding new entries "hostage" by freely admitting and advertising that they're going to use the sales figures of the re-release to determine whether they're going to make a new game.

They don't need sales of 10+ year old games to tell them that people still want Mega Man. "New Capcom" just wants you to buy their latest re-release of the NES Mega Man games, even though you've probably bought them several times already by now, and they're not even shy about letting you know that if you don't buy it, you probably won't see a new Mega Man game for a while.
>>
>>4180242
Capcom of Japan murdered mega man

Capcom USA still trying to prove something or just make money i don't know which

Anniversay Collection X Collection and Legacy Collections were all Capcom USA
>>
>>4180414
Nah I think in this case it was a super easy cash in. It's more like this >>4182480

It's a wrapper for selling 4 old ass games (even MM10 is 7 years old now) under the guise of drumming up demand that they already know exists.
20 bucks
>>
Did they release the GB ones? Why are Enker, Punk and the other dude there?
>>
>>4182718
they're dlc in mm10, which i assume is included in tihs
>>
File: 1491449848096.png (273KB, 517x396px) Image search: [Google]
1491449848096.png
273KB, 517x396px
>>4180242
I mean I guess if you didn't want to play on a wii these are good. Being as I've seen it on xbone. Iirc weren't 9 and 10 wii exclusives?
>>
>>4183036
PS3, 360, Phone, PSP
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.