[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm looking for a ms pacman machine to buy. Is it shitty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_9109.jpg (563KB, 750x1359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9109.jpg
563KB, 750x1359px
So I'm looking for a ms pacman machine to buy. Is it shitty if I buy a cleaned up refurbished one for 1500 with an LCD screen instead the original CRT screens. And also if I get one that has the pcb with 60 games in one? Or is that lame and not original?
>>
>>4179716
>i'm looking to buy a ms pacman machine but considering unrelated hipster shit instead
So you aren't really looking to buy a ms pacman machine then, are you?
>>
>>4179836
What I get an original machine and then switch the pcb with the 60 game one. At the same time I really want to play rally x and dig dug
>>
>>4179853
It shouldn't cost 1500. I'd imagine 1k tops.

I've bought 3 Pinball machines and a Chexx '82 bubble hockey for under 1k.
>>
>>4179902
There's a few on Craigslist around 300-500 but don't work and paints scratched a lot. All the ones I find online are like 2000 and up plus what ever the shipping would be. I don't know where to look.
>>
>>4179907
Hunt craigslist and FB market - those online deals are so high because people generally aren't buying. From what I recall, the 800-1000 range is the one you want to aim for
>>
>>4179853
>why not just emulate
Why not? Seems like you have your mind set on it. But if you're going to do that why not just get the cheapest functional cab and put your emulator of choice inside? If you want le ebik maymay art download it and get it printed. That'll cost you a fraction of buying the original and you'll have many more options to choose from.
>>
>>4179716
Use original arcade monitor. It's dumb not to. If you put a multi in it, make an adapter harness, don't butcher the original. Byoac forums and vaps.
>>
>>4179716
>Is it shitty if I buy a cleaned up refurbished one for 1500 with an LCD screen instead the original CRT screens. And also if I get one that has the pcb with 60 games in one? Or is that lame and not original?

Seems to me like you already know the answer to your own questions, otherwise you wouldn't be so ashamed to ask them.
>>
>>4179907
What do you need to work? You're literally just buying it for the cabinet
>>
>>4179716
Ms Pacman is a popular cab, you'll be paying a premium.

>paints scratched to shit
A harsh reality of these. Most arcade cabinets are in pretty rough shape from being moved around multiple times, and being in arcades with shitty kids. Finding a good cabinet in pristine shape is going to cost you.

Then theres 2 schools towards refurbishing. You either keep it largely the way it is, since it gives it a used feel, like it's in the arcade, or has a history if you will. Or you can go for a full restore.

When I got my Neo-Geo cabinet it had some scratches and shit but it's not a big deal. I did an almost full breakdown of the thing to clean it mostly. I would strongly recommend this since a lot of cabs, are just neglected. Use it to take a look inside and understand the workings. I would replace all buttons and sticks in the cabinet as a first thing, since they're usually fucking gross from previous owners.
>>
1k for a Ms Pac strikes me as hipster or mancave-tier pricing. I'd have to imagine that Ms. Pac is one of the most common, if not even the most common, arcade cabs in the US.
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (270KB, 1200x887px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
270KB, 1200x887px
>>4180258
The sword cuts both ways on popularity. It's SO popular that there's always repros available of the decals or NOS with a little patience and more money. OP should be able to build a legit looking cabinet from scratch for $1,000 maybe minus the coin door and mechanism but including his XXX-in-1 PCB and LCD monitor that he's no doubt planning to run instead of MAME
>>
File: IMG_4444.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4444.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
This seems like the thread to ask this in. I bought pic related yesterday it's a Jamma board machine 800 in 1 and have a lead on a cheap cabinet to put it in (with some work involved to make it fit) Where can I get new Artwork for the control panel? I really don't care for the KoF artwork. Any suggestions?
>>
File: 1500854760093.gif (395KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1500854760093.gif
395KB, 200x150px
>>4179716
I would just keep trying Craigslist (as cliche as that sounds). I use this notification thing that basically uses key words to find certain things.

The 60 - 1 of Ms. Pac Man feels kinda laggy. I think just building a cab would be hella cheaper compared to just buying a hack-jobbed machine. I wouldn't spend no more than $500 a machine, especially on how easy parts are to find.

It also sucks because sometimes it deals with the area you're in. Having those golden finds can be very difficult to do in those bigger city areas. Good luck on your searching anon.
>>
Say I get a good one, how long until it breaks and needs some fixing? What's the most common problems?
>>
File: tn_019[1].jpg (76KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tn_019[1].jpg
76KB, 600x800px
>>4180745
If you play it a lot, controller. If it has a CRT and is left on a lot, burn-in. If it's outside, moisture or bugs. If it sits in your climate controlled house switched off, nothing.
>>
>>4180457
Look up byocp forums or Google arcade cpo or repro art.
>>
If I were to put in a Jamma 60 in one would I need to wire in more buttons or will the game controls work?
>>
>>4181561
There's a proprietary pacman style harness. There's a $35 adapter that just plugs and converts to jamma and also puts the p1 and p2 buttons as jamma buttons 1 and 2 so everything on the 60 in 1 except gunsmoke (3 buttons) and obviously the trackball games like centipede would be playable.
>>
>>4181628
Can you list the exact things I need to do this conversion
>>
>>4179716
Just make the cabinet out of wood and use a retropie if you aren't gonna stick to ms. Pacman. I can see the use for an LCD but the 60 games in one is stupid.
>>
>>4181917
I'm going to keep everything original I think I found a good one I'm probly going to put in the 60 in one and just keep the original ms pacman pcb inside unplugged
>>
File: JAM2PAC[1].jpg (15KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
JAM2PAC[1].jpg
15KB, 320x200px
>>4181770
I could go on at length about how to hack together something or rewire your whole cabinet or something but at the risk of being labelled a shill and/or a spoonfeeder just buy this and plug it in between the pac harness and the jamma connector on your multicade board. It'll definitely save you $35 worth of your time

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JAM2PAC

It doesn't lock you into your pac setup forever either, you can add more buttons later and just plug them into that white port
>>
>>4181917
>Just make the cabinet out of wood
Spotted the kid who never worked on a cab
>>
>>4179716
just buy a prefabbed mame cab you faggot
>>
File: IMG_4465.jpg (842KB, 1937x2439px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4465.jpg
842KB, 1937x2439px
>>4180457
Ok I got this cabinet for $70 today and I need to jigsaw out a spot for my control unit is there a site that I can order a marquee, side and control panel art to fit this specific cabinet? From what I've researched so far it seems that this design was only used for Area 51 and MK4 cabinets if that helps.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.