[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here backing the Dreamcade kickstarter? It doesn'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: dreamcade.jpg (39KB, 680x480px) Image search: [Google]
dreamcade.jpg
39KB, 680x480px
Anyone here backing the Dreamcade kickstarter? It doesn't seem to be doing as good as it should the retarded sigma indie gogo did much more and wasn't as good as this.

Pretty decent specs for $99, can run any emulator up to dreamcast without any problems and can run a good chunk of PS2/Gamecube/Wii games though many games have frame drops from these three consoles. Steam games up to Street Fighter IV can play flawlessly, newer games run like crap but you can always stream them. Hulu/Netflix/normal junk is all there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1329525418/dreamcade-replay-one-console-to-rule-them-all?token=db604b98
>>
Nothing can run Dreamcast games without any problems. nullDC is good but a lot of games still look kinda fucked up.
>>
File: coleco_chameleon_hero-ed.jpg (291KB, 1278x779px) Image search: [Google]
coleco_chameleon_hero-ed.jpg
291KB, 1278x779px
>>4178075
>kickstarter
You never learn your lesson, do ya?
>>
>>4178083
Well it runs it as well as any PC can
>>4178086
These guys are the ones who've made Dream arcades for years, they know emulation and building products, they aren't some newbies who think they can get stuff done.
>>
>>4178094
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtzpDkHyuw0
>>
>>4178094
I ain't saying this is a scam, the thing is that crowdfunding always disappoints in some way. Don't ever back a kickstarter.
>>
Wait, this is just a PI on a fancy shell.
>>
>N64 and Dreamcast
Because emulation of those consoles are flawless, am I right?
>ps2 without frame drops
Highly doubt it, at most it will run Disgaea games with speed hacks.
>>
>>4178117

OP said the opposite about PS2 but you'd actually be surprised what you can squeeze out of PS2 emulation. I've only got an Intel HD integrated gpu and can run games like Silent Hill
>>
>The system comes with an Intel Processor, 4GB RAM, Bluetooth, wireless and Ethernet networking, 32GB storage, USB 2.0 & 3.0, HDMI, VGA, and the ability to expand with up to 3 additional storage devices.
It's essentially a shitty notebook without a screen and integrated Intel HD graphics card.
>>
>>4178104
It won't be the size or shape of op's pic, it'll be a mini atx pc that gets delayed until the exact moment it can be produced with the promised specs at the offered price. I don't really understand why people buy into these kind of things. Some weird sense of community?
>>
>>4178123
Yeah I know, more performance intensive games like fighters still stutter like a piece of shit without an actual videocard, though. Also you won't be able to upscale the resolution.
>>
>>4178123
Do you use a 2ghz Intel cpu though? Even cellphones are more powerful than that.
>>
>>4178131
2.3ghz, I'm playing with power, baby
>>
>>4178075
Fucking kek, no. It's literally a netbook in a hipster case. I have old laptops that could run circles around it.

>>4178094
>Well it runs it as well as any PC can
Bullshit. They claim it's twice as fast as a pi. Anything that's not some shit atom is faster than that. You're too retarded to even be a good shill.
>>
>>4178126
>32GB storage,
That cripples it. I have a notebook like that and I regularly need to uninstall/delete shit to make room for updates or other programs.
> and the ability to expand with up to 3 additional storage devices.
I suppose this means SD or micro SD slots, not actually useful expansions like m.2, SATA or eSATA.
At least you could plug in some fast USB3 storage.
>>
>>4178110
That's kind of what I am thinking. You can already make one for that price that will run everything this will run. There's an active community and they are easy to get up and running.
>>
>>4178321
This thing runs Windows so it can run Windows games and you have the huge Windows community behind it.
>>
File: 1501989794224.jpg (381KB, 883x835px) Image search: [Google]
1501989794224.jpg
381KB, 883x835px
>>4178075
dude what the fuck, don't back this and don't post this stuff here. Get your money back. You're probably a shill anyway.

this is the goddamn Ouya all over again, whoever is promising this is basically playing the numbers game. They asked for a goal small enough to get everyone's attention and now that they've gone over it they're either gonna blow it all on something dumb and throw out some big apology about making a ton of mistakes (hookers and blow) or release a turd. We've all seen it happen before. Get ready for disappointment.
>>
>>4178338
This is something you can already buy in stores in form of (convertible) netbooks or HDMI stick computers.
I only doubt the pricetag, $150 would be more realistic.
>>
>>4178346
I'm still skeptical man, people are so easily swindled and you just know somebody here probably donated.

Kids here are always going on about how they spend boatloads of money for things you can play for free but you know.. a fool and his money are soon parted.
>>
File: vVmbDWseNqfu8w069WO5RISVo1_500.jpg (84KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
vVmbDWseNqfu8w069WO5RISVo1_500.jpg
84KB, 500x398px
>2.2ghz
>running Win 10
>n64 emulation
>6x2 form factor

Yeah this shit dont add up. I will believe it when I see it. I use a quad core with a gtx760 with retroarch. Why would anyone with a hint of technical savvy buy a clearly under powered "Raspi X2"
>>
>>4178380
>Why would anyone with a hint of technical savvy buy a clearly under powered "Raspi X2"
I don't know who their audience is really, it shows some family with two kids playing it in the living room. Crank that shit up to 3GHZ and add some more USB ports on that damned thing as well as LAN. So many flaws with this.
>>
>>4178380
How does that not add up? You could have N64 emulation on a Pentium 3 and the current Atoms are more powerful than that.
>>
File: 350595_g3.jpg (32KB, 606x403px) Image search: [Google]
350595_g3.jpg
32KB, 606x403px
Fuck this shit. Get yourself a hp compaq 6005 pro for 30$, plug it into a CRT, get some emulators and you're good to fucking go. runs everything up to gamecube.
>>
I think the only reason why I'd get one is because I'm too fucking lazy to set all of that shit up for TV play and having to configure controllers for everything.
>>
>>4178331
>This thing runs Windows
So the fuck what? We all have machines capable of running Windows already and they can do a whole lot more than this machine can ever hope to.
>but it's so portable!
Ya know what else runs Windows with similar specs and gaming potential? Those little stick PCs that Intel has going on. The funny thing is that those actually cost less and take up much less space, as they're designed to have as small of a footprint as possible.
Even then, the only Windows-exclusive gaming you're going to squeeze out of this is going to be limited to low-resource indie games and the occasional flash game.

This has no advantages at all over a Raspberry Pi within the niche market they're selling it to.
The Pi is so inexpensive, flexible, and widely supported, this thing is at a major disadvantage before making it out of the concept stage.

Also wasn't this project hit with a DMCA for promising to bundle pirated software?
These guys clearly don't know how to run a business, and I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they abandoned the product shortly after the first wave of shipments like so many other Kickstarter scams.
>>
>>4178606
>Even then, the only Windows-exclusive gaming you're going to squeeze out of this is going to be limited to low-resource indie games and the occasional flash game.
Or retro Windows games.
There's also a bunch of Windows only emulators.

I don't think you can get a Z8300/Z8350 compute stick with 4GB RAM for less than $150, which makes me question how this thing is supposed to cost lest than $100.
Maybe they'll end up reducing the RAM because 2GB should be enough for those tasks. Or they wait a few years to deliver them until RAM prices are down.

>Also wasn't this project hit with a DMCA for promising to bundle pirated software?
They are being kind of vague with those 100 classic games for each system. The only titles they mention are those on the Internet Archive.
They might get in trouble for using the PacMan imagery.
>>
File: 1500384616553.jpg (24KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1500384616553.jpg
24KB, 387x461px
>$99 for a raspberry pi
>>
>>4178075
How the fuck does this come with Windows 10 for $99? Surely something here isn't legal.
>>
Oh boy, a console that can play all my favorite ZX81 games!

>>4178321

The Pi can't do 6th gen gaming or the Dreamcast, even when overclocked.
>>
OP here,

I have a raspberry pi 3 and honestly it sucks, the setup and I probably spent about $70 with all the stuff I had to buy for it and my time, here everything is already set up. I just want to play some games easily not having to deal with reseting the system to change stuff or whatever

I am backing it but after this thread I am having doubts. I don't think it's a scam, these guys have been selling the same type of arcades for many years so they know their stuff.

I heard about this kickstarter from the cagcast, these guys are incredibly skeptic about anything and they seem to like it, they have a review unit, they don't normally recommend stuff unless they actually love it.
>>
>>4179013

Its only $100, if it sucks you could probably ebay it for at least $70 so whatever. It's your life, live it however you wanna.
>>
>>4179013
Just hook your regular computer up to your TV.
It will cost less and provide better emulation.
>>
>>4179013
>i don't know how to set up a pi
>i overpaid for my pi shit
>my time is worth something
lol
>>
>>4178086
>one failed kickstarter project
therefore
>all kickstarter projects will fail
>>
>>4178435
Yeah, and uses just as much power as a modern PC. What a bargain.
>>
>>4178131

Oh damn, way to show everyone you know nothing about different cpu architectures.
>>
This is like the 4th kickstarter thread in about three days. The fuck is going on here?
>>
>>4179667

This site is shill city, it's inevitable some wander into this board.
>>
File: 1502015521105.jpg (84KB, 750x806px) Image search: [Google]
1502015521105.jpg
84KB, 750x806px
>>4179542
>one failed kickstarter
>one
>>
>>4179542
>one failed kickstarter project
Holy shitpost summerkid
>>
>>4178075
Got burned a few times when kickstarter first started up. The final straw for me was when I pulled my backing support out of two kickstarters that seemed to get sketchier as time when on. I canceled my support for each, following of of Kickstarter's TOS, I recieved an email from kickstarter telling me that if I withdrew support for one more kickstarter, I would be banned from the site. Since then I decided not to trust kickstarter.
>>
>>4178419
you mean at standard resolution right?
>>
>>4178075
you are a fucking idiot and a shill
>>
Another Steambox, yay...
>>
>>4180059
>banned from the site
Best thing that ever happened to you?
>>
would it be better to pony up more money and get a GPD Win? I would mostly play it plugged to the TV and use it "switch" like and have it as my portable as well.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.