[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of wasting a perfectly good AGS-101

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: T2v58DXlpOXXXXXXXX_!!72144695.jpg (54KB, 518x836px) Image search: [Google]
T2v58DXlpOXXXXXXXX_!!72144695.jpg
54KB, 518x836px
What's the point of wasting a perfectly good AGS-101 screen on a GBC?
>>
if it's after market then whatever. if you rip apart an ags-101 to backlight an inferior console youre autistic.
>>
>well i mean you have to mutilate the inside of the case
>and it still won't close again
>and the power switch stops working
>and the screen ends up being the wrong size anyway
>but hey it's backlit so
Just frontlight it.
>>
The whole modding meme is some frankenstein shit.
>>
>>4176664
This completely, there is NOTHING wrong with frontlights; they conserve energy, they achieve the same effect as backlights too.
Anyone who just wants to backlight every Game Boy model should stop, I can get putting a 101 screen in an AGB-001, but just frontlight the GBC ffs
>>
>>4176925
Eh, frontlights make the colors on the screen washed out as fuck, worsen the viewing angles by a lot and they do actually not conserve energy as you said.
Simplest test possible: A frontlit SP has a worse battery runtime than a backlit one. Same goes for an AGB that has been modded with a backlight compared to one that has been modded with a backlight. They're pretty much complete ass.
I do agree that this mod a pretty fucking big hackjob but a frontlight mod is just as much ass.
BennVenn, the same guy that made this mod seems to be working on another one of these that uses an off the self screen. Maybe that one will fit better. Wouldn't get my hopes up though.
>>
How does shit with virtually no demand (jaguar flashcart) get funded for production but stuff like a custom screen for the GBC still get labeled as nonprofitable?
>>
>>4178739
In both cases it's a pretty niche product but it's way cheaper (as in at least a few hundred thousand dollars cheaper) to make a few hundred PCBs than it is to open a production line for a few hundred custom LCD screens.
>>
Boredom, i imagine. I never had any problems with GBC screen personally, had a plug in light for playing under the bed sheets but thats it.
>>
Get a GBASP nigga.
>>
>>4176257
>not using the original screen
>>
>>4178739
Because a jaguar flashcart is basically plug and play, while an LCD mod requires a bit of technical know how to do, and having a service to do the mod will be unprofitable as the want for it is pretty niche considering a GBA, objectively, makes more sense due to having the GB, GBC, and GBA library available. Most people prefer the form factor of the GBA, so a mod for that would make sense.
>>
>>4180017
Designing an LCD is hardly more complicated that a simple flash cart like for the Jaguar. It's the production that's complicated. I can build a very complicated flash cart using tools any electronics hobbyist has. Making even a simple game and watch tier LCD is impossible without expensive shit that few people have at home. Even if you have everything you need (ie you're an LCD factory) the cost to set up for a new custom display is yuge.
>>
Its better to rip apart a AGS-101 for a Original GBA since its better to hold than the gbc and actually the screen with fit.
>>
>>4180198
I'm saying on the side of consumer use. Flashcarts are piss easy to use, while an LCD mod, even fairly simple mods like the one for the GBA, are too hard for the masses to do themselves. I'm not commenting on cart vs. flashcart assembly.
>>
>>4176925
>they achieve the same effect as backlights too.
They absolutely do not. The difference between the original GBA SP and the AGS-101 are staggering.
>>
>>4176664
You watched the video by an idiot who didn't read the instructions, didn't you.
>>
>>4180373
Ah. In that case yeah, infinity easier to use.
>>
lmao just put your GBC game in a GBA SP
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.