[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What were they thinking? -story is far far less believable than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_5056.jpg (24KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5056.jpg
24KB, 230x219px
What were they thinking?

-story is far far less believable than 1
- taunts you from the beginning that you will be in a open city but spend 90% of the game in a police station which has no reason to have crazy keys and things where in 1 it was entirely justified
- ab ba scenarios are just artificial length where 90% of the game is the same (unlike 1, where your choices impacted the game)
-Leon arrival makes no sense, like it wouldn't have gotten out on radio that zombies had over taken the city
- crazy amount of ammo and ribbons makes the game simple; and set the series on an "action" trajectory which it is only now recovering from (I am aware of nightmare mode but that's a poor counter argument)
-Some of the puzzles just seem a little out of place and might make more sense in a different setting...a police station that has a room with three large statues, one with a ruby in its hand, and some sort of pressure-sensitive floor that triggers the ruby to fall out of the statue's hand? C'mon!"
- rapist police chief xd lol fuck u

Hate this game. Hate
>>
>>4175351
>story is far far less believable than 1
A virus outbreak in a city is less believable than a secret lab under a mansion?
>taunts you from the beginning that you will be in a open city but spend 90% of the game in a police station which has no reason to have crazy keys and things where in 1 it was entirely justified
Never got that impression even during my first play-through but even then you go all over the place. As for the keys you forget that Umbrella basically owned Raccoon and they had a fondness for obscure locks, as evident by their mansion so why stop in a single house?
>ab ba scenarios are just artificial length where 90% of the game is the same (unlike 1, where your choices impacted the game)
They give you an altered scenario that has you take a completely different route and experience a new Tyrant, far more re-playability than deciding whether Barry save you from that room or not
>-Leon arrival makes no sense, like it wouldn't have gotten out on radio that zombies had over taken the city
>crazy amount of ammo and ribbons makes the game simple; and set the series on an "action" trajectory which it is only now recovering from (I am aware of nightmare mode but that's a poor counter argument)
The first game was pretty action focused as well and the second the hunters hit the scene it becomes a full action game.
>Some of the puzzles just seem a little out of place and might make more sense in a different setting...a police station that has a room with three large statues, one with a ruby in its hand, and some sort of pressure-sensitive floor that triggers the ruby to fall out of the statue's hand? C'mon!"
Not that much different from a house that has a piano that opens a wall only when a specific song is played
>rapist police chief xd lol fuck u
Don't get so triggered

The worst thing about all this though is it's a very good game and a universally liked entry at that. You're either shitting on it because you're board or you're a hipster.
>>
File: 1488657879142.jpg (12KB, 190x240px) Image search: [Google]
1488657879142.jpg
12KB, 190x240px
>>4175351
>-story is far far less believable than 1

Yeah because RE is so believable. Zombie viruses that make killer bees and plants and sharks and those fucking snakes that drop from the sky and poison you like the little faggots they are
>>
File: Resident_Evil_3_Cover.jpg (22KB, 250x253px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_3_Cover.jpg
22KB, 250x253px
What were they thinking?

-story is far far less believable than 2
- taunts you from the beginning that you will be in a open city but spend 100% of the game in a bunch of hallways
- only one scenario with choices barely changing the game
-Brads arrival makes no sense, like it wouldn't have gotten out on radio that zombies had over taken the city - why wouldn't he just take his helicopter out of the city?
- crazy amount of ammo, ribbons and gun powder makes the game simple; and set the series on an "action" trajectory which it has never recovered from
-Some of the puzzles just seem a little out of place and might make more sense in a different setting...a hospital that has a room with codes that can only be activated by pushing tray into corners of the room and needing randomly placed gems to open up a gate in town
- rapist russian guy xd lol fuck u

Hate this game. Hate
>>
>>4175442
Exactly why 1 is so much better than 2 or 3 glad we agree
>>
File: c640x360_71[1].jpg (19KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
c640x360_71[1].jpg
19KB, 640x360px
>>4175351
>- rapist police chief xd lol fuck u

necrophiliac, sadist, rapist police chief*

And that's what makes RE2 so fucking amazing, among other things. Story has so many dark, fucked up underlying points to it that its unmatched and unsurpassed by future installments.

Story is if anything more believable.

>elite SWAT team helicopter pilot abandons his teammates due to couple of dogs
>said SWAT team proceeds through a series of combat challenges set up by their very own SWAT team commander who is also at the same time a fucking scientist who has been developing fucked up shit for 20 years now
>oh he also gets fucking super powers near the end too
>>
>>4175351
Read up on the game you shitlord, Police Station used to be a church originally which was turned into a museum before it finally becoming a police station. Hence all the stuff in it.
>>
>>4175351
>taunts you from the beginning that you will be in a open city but spend 90% of the game in a police station which has no reason to have crazy keys and things where in 1 it was entirely justified

Every RE game after 1 fucks up the setting imo. RE1 is exciting because you're uncovering the secrets of one location, every other game you basically just go from A then to B then to C, like separate levels with little real continuity.
>>
>>4175509
>one location

Its the same as RE2. One first main, big location, followed by a second smaller but still chunky location, followed by a tiny connecting location, followed by a final medium sized location.

Get your fanboy gayass subjective head out of your ass.
>>
>>4175516
I sort of see what he's saying, it's the only way out of RPD, but it doesn't feel as organic as the Umbrella mansion

But still, RE2 > RE1
>>
>>4175516
Yeah, but all 1's are basically the same place, a mansion in the woods that has a secret lab underneath it. They're all obviously different parts of the same place.

2 is a cop station, then some sewers, then a factory, then a lab, with only some tenuous plot stuff about Umbrella shenanigans tying them together.
>>
>>4175529
factory? did you even play the game

Its police station, then sewers that connect it to the lab underneath
>>
>>4175529
Your entire logic revolves around "lab can exist under a mansion but lab cannot exist under a police station which is already an old ruin of a building too".
You'd be hard pressed to find a game with a better pacing and smooth transitions like RE2.
>>
>>4175532
There's a weird looking faux factory setting, that then leads to the Umbrella lab.
>>
>>4175536
Dude I love RE2 to death, but I still get what he means. Umbrella mansion is an out of nowhere forest location, having a lab underneath ain't no thang.

The RPD station is in the middle of a CITY - it's kind of hard to get all that secret underground connections happening.
>>
>>4175540
I get too, I just don't see the disconnect in RE2 whatsoever. The town is fairly small after all. Now in 3, in 3 you could argue that but its because the game is sort of proto-sandboxish by design.
>>
>>4175442
What were they thinking?

-Story less believable than Sweet Home or Alone in the Dark
-Taunts you from the beginning you'd have dark spooky woods to explore, but you spend 100% of the game in a brightly lit house.
-Both scenarios are 90% identical.
-Enemies are too slow making the game simple. Two boss fights can be skipped all together.
-Puzzles make absolutely no sense, why would the moonlight sonata open a door?
-Loli nurse girl, lul wat?

Hate this game, HATE! IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR THIS GAME AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.”
>>
File: japanese city.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
japanese city.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
>>4175547
It just feels a little too convenient. I mean there's a moment where Ada falls from the ceiling or something in front of Leon. Where the fuck did she come from?

>the game is sort of proto-sandboxish by design.

RE3 is not sandboxish at all, ever. It's just a mansion/police station but stretched out to a pretend Japanese city
>>
File: Resident_Evil_1_cover.png (253KB, 300x452px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_1_cover.png
253KB, 300x452px
>>4175551
>>
>>4175351
I never understood Leon's arrival either. It's his first day on the job, but where does he live? Wouldn't he have moved to town a few weeks earlier to get situated? And like you said, there would have been preliminary reports or SOS calls gone out, or early escapees that would have alerted the news. There is no way he could have not known.
>>
>>4175556
he got drunk and overslept, hence why he is a day late for the job.
>>
>>4175536
Is the lab actually supposed to be under the police station in 2? It didn't feel like it to me. You cover some ground in the sewers, then the factory's above-ground, in a different part of the city, right? I dunno.

It's more of a linear path in 2, station -> sewers -> etc. In 1 you go to the guardhouse, but then back to uncover more of the mansion, and then back to the garden, then underground tunnels lead you out to a fountain that looks like it's still on the mansion grounds. You're doing more back-and-forth stuff.
>>
>>4175556
>>4175558
So why didn't Claire call ahead and talk to Chris or even confirm he was in the city?
>>
>>4175562
all communications were out. did you even play the game, asking unironically?
>>
>>4175564
>all communications were out

And? Did she even try to call?
>>
>>4175424
The premise the game establishes is sound. The virus's whole point was to make a super huge human tyrant man. They experiment on animals and have slightly different results, but they all still end up bigger anyway. Only hunters seem a little out of place, but iirc weren't they crossed with human DNA? With all the experiments umbrella was up to they probably crossed them with everything they could get ahold of.
>>
>>4175407
A wall opening in a mansion by a secret piano song makes way more sense than a statue in a police station that drops a ruby when you step on a random tile.
>>
>>4175351
It's almost as if you're expecting a video game to be realistic.
Probably mad 'cause Leon and Clare's hair wasn't rendered by the strand. Or that Nemesis wasn't in it so you could fantasize about his throbbing tentacles inside of you.
Fuckin weeb graphics whore
>>
>>4175351
Videogames use their own sick twisted language back in the days. It's kind of a lost art now. Did you forget that?
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (18KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
18KB, 250x248px
What were they thinking?

-story is far far less believable than VI
- taunts you from the beginning that you will be in a open city but spend 90% of the game in a world-map that has no reason to be so linear
- date mechanics are just artificial length where 90% of the game is the same (unlike VI, where your choices matter (like with Shadow or the chests in the cave near Figaro)
- Sephiroth's breakdown makes no sense, like wouldn't Shinra be smart enough to not send him where his alien mommy was?
- crazy amount of customization makes the gameplay simple; and set the series on an "narrative" trajectory which it is only now recovering from (I am aware of nightmare mode but that's a poor counter argument)
- Some of the ideas just seem a little out of place and might make more sense in a different setting...an office workplace stuffed to the brim with out-of-control robots, tile puzzles, and jail cells, like what"
- rapist mad scientist xd lol fuck u

Hate. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of the hundreds of millions of miles of the Earth, it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel at this micro-instant. For VII. Hate. Hate.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.