[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*** Calling all light gun anons *** Anyone got one of those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: s-l1600.jpg (306KB, 1038x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
306KB, 1038x1600px
*** Calling all light gun anons ***

Anyone got one of those 3rd party GunCon 2 knockoffs made by Yobo for the PS2?
How does the setup work? Is it like the original GunCon 2 where you need an extended cable to get it to function? 'Cause that cable is next to impossible to find, and people bid out the ass for it when it pops up on eBay.

My Nyko Super Cobra gun won't work with Time Crisis II, although the game advertises it being compatible with original GunCon. Fuck... I just want to practice my skills at TCII.
>>
>>4175025
then why not get the original guncon instead?
>>
Well, I forgot to add that I also want to play Time Crisis 3.
>>
File: Gcon45_Adapter.jpg (28KB, 800x446px) Image search: [Google]
Gcon45_Adapter.jpg
28KB, 800x446px
Any particular reason you can't just use one of these and any old RCA cable to act as an extension?
>>
>>4175209
you only need that cable if you're not using composite.
>>
>>4175219
I realise that but it would work with any output signal including composhite and solve OP's issue in an economical and easily implemented fashion.
>>
File: guncon-b.gif (12KB, 432x159px) Image search: [Google]
guncon-b.gif
12KB, 432x159px
Namco intended the composite cable to be plugged into the console RCA (on 100x models and acting as a passthrough) or for the multi-av adaptor to be used.

It's not supposed to be plugged directly into the TV.
>>
>>4175353
doesn't matter because it still works plugged directly into the TV.
>>
>>4175380
It does matter because the cable clearly isn't long enough to reach further than the console...
>>
File: rcafemale.jpg (16KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
rcafemale.jpg
16KB, 355x355px
>>4175387
connect composite cable from console into guncon, use female to female rca adapter to plug rca cable into otherside of the guncon connector, plug that cable into the tv?
>>
>>4175406
That seems like it would work, albeit a spaghetti mess if you ask me. I honestly think the adaptor in >>4175209 is the all-round best solution and pretty cheap.

The main obstacle to overcome is ensuring that the guncon composite cable remains near the console.
>>
>>4175456
did they shorten the cable on the guncon 2 or something? because the rca cable on my guncon is pretty long.
>>
>>4175482
yeah i just measured it, the rca cable on my guncon 1 is aroud 8ft long.
>>
File: gc2.jpg (170KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gc2.jpg
170KB, 768x1024px
>>4175548
>>4175482
>>4175456
The cable on the GunCon 2 is different. It doesn't have a video passthrough built-in; just a single male RCA plug right next to the USB connector. They came with a separate splitter cable that went behind the TV and gave you the video plugs at the front of the console.
>>
>>4175568
I am stuck with pic related, but I am missing the extra cable. Wat to do
>>
>>4175643
You can hack something together with RCA audio cables. There's nothing special going on here. Get a splitter for the PS2 video cable that goes to the TV (composite or Y) and a male-to-female RCA extension cable.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.