[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay /vr/ lets talk Harvest Moon. I have only played 64 and i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

okay /vr/ lets talk Harvest Moon. I have only played 64 and i liked it alot and am looking at one of the gameboy entries for my work commute. Which one is the best?
>>
>>4174909
Harvest Moon GBC3 is the best.
You can play it twice even, as the boy cares for the farm and the girl cares for the animals. You can't choose your wife/husband but it's not a problem, the protagonists are pretty alright.
If you plan on playing them all, play in order as each entry improves on things.
>>
File: thumbnail_snow.jpg (196KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_snow.jpg
196KB, 1280x720px
>>4174909
>>4175534
Also, the GBA one is a portable version of the PS1 game. One of the games with the most content of them all.
>>
that's pretty cool! I look forward to it while I'm sourcing a rom thanks wise anons.
>>
>>4174909
The gameboy ones plus the original and 64 were the only good ones. Avoid FoMT and anything on the DS.

After 64, the days got WAY too long and it completely destroyed the time management aspects of the games.
>>
>>4175538
Friends of Mineral Town? That's the one I see recommended the most next to the N64 one. What makes that one stand out?
>>
>>4175538
woah didnt know that. i loved the ps1 hm but preferred the aesthetic of 64. this looks nicer on the eyes
>>
I played A Wonderful life on PS2 when i was in like rd grade but had noooo idea what i was doing.

Had A Wonderful Life on Gamecube and it was fun as hell. Never beat it though...

The BEST one i played might be the GBA one tho. It was a lot easier to manage than having to sit in front of my Gamecube all Summer.
>>
Mario Party is notorious for destroying N64 joysticks, but in my personal experience Harvest Moon 64 also performed that job quite nicely.
>>
>>4175737

It basically takes everything the PS1 and N64 entries brought to the table and makes it a little more streamlined and compressed. Days for instance are half as long, you can save anywhere at anytime, you can't have quite as many animals but they level up easier, probably other stuff I'm forgetting. The game's gorgeous too, the sprites work far better aesthetically than the other games' psuedo-3D.
>>
>>4174909
Friends of mineral town is best HM on handheld. Probably second overall HM if you include consoles too.
>>
what's your favourite harvest moon guys?
mine's BtN mainly because I like the graphics more than FoMT, but Magical Melody holds a special place in my heart
>>
>>4175837
Here's to set up the mood. Both have the GBA visuals but on the second one Youtube kind of compressed too much the video.
https://youtu.be/7xFy4-A0OzY
https://youtu.be/ndCN6xlvq8c
>>
>>4174909
I really loved the n64 version back when I was a kid. I didn't have a psx until a couple years later. Now when I go back to play a harvest moon game it's always the psx version. Even though Karen isn't the bar slut anymore.

I tried to play the ones on the wii and it didn't feel right. I also tried to play rune factory but never got into it. To me the playstation version will always be the best even though I've only ever emulated it.
>>
>>4176537
FoMT aside, it's Harvest Moon DS. It had tons of bugs but it was pretty good.
>>
>>4175703

back to nature is the best one. 64 is the second best one though.
>>
>>4174909
The first Harvest Moon GB is very crude and basic and doesn't have much to do, but it's still kinda fun precisely because of that. I'm not sure if the GBC rerelease adds anything new. I keep meaning to play the others. HM GB2 is backwards-compatible to the DMG, maybe I'll give it a try when I get an everdrive.

(More) Friends of Mineral Town is the best "full" Harvest Moon though.
>>
Although I recognize it isn't the best in terms of content, my favorite is the SNES one. I guess its simplicity and a bit of nostalgia are stronger than what the others have to offer.
>>
SNES version is the only one i ever played, it was decent, but I've never felt compelled to ever play another HM game again. Literally same shit just better graphics.
>>
Friends of Mineral Town on the GBA, by far.

>the best of PS1/N64 HM, made into an efficient, compact 2D gameplay
>best, deep story
>90% of NPC each has a deep backstory
>story oftens intertwined with other NPC
>'hard' decisions and choices need to be made to save some NPCs
>story gets dark, depressive or heartbreaking sometimes
>great music
>portability, it's comfy to play while you're getting to sleep
>has 'tycoonish' element to its gameplay

last part is the best part, it rewards the more hardcore player, those who likes to put more effort and be hardworking in game

something you don't see in the newer games, even the social gameplay is pretty shallow

it's all sunshiny, cutesy, shallow, casual toddler game now

FoMT is like if you combine the original SNES (which is also my favorite) with Stardew Valley, the only good farming game today

now that they've split up, Harvest Moon is returning back to its 'grindy' root, but it still doesn't feel the same anymore
>>
FoMT is still great to play today, but if you're playing on your phones via emulator, make sure you invest on a bluetooth gamepad whatever.

The controls on GBA had some of the complicated combos, but it gets natural quick.

Can't say the same with phones coz of the limited touch controls and it's awkward to press the combo on touch screen..

Get a controller, get some beverage and snacks, snug in a blanket and play some FoMT on the bed.
>>
>>4178798
I don't mind the simplicity myself, what kills it for me is the lack of a bag which makes dropping produce on the shipping bin a chore. The addition of an inventory in later games and the Miracle Glove in GB2 and 3 spoiled me. GB3 in particular is a good game for taking it easy even if it's horribly easy to exploit for tons of money.

Really, that's the only thing stopping me from enjoying the SNES original as much as I used to. The rest of the core gameplay is fine, even if it's not as developed as the modern games.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.