[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good Flea Market Stories /vr/? Bad ones? So-so ones? Today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: NESwithcontrollers.jpg (59KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
NESwithcontrollers.jpg
59KB, 500x333px
Any good Flea Market Stories /vr/?
Bad ones? So-so ones?

Today I got an Original NES (had already been cleaned inside and out, case has no yellowing and excellent shape overall), the seller had already replaced the 72p connector, and disabled the lockout chip. 5 NES controllers (with replaced membranes), power cord, rf conenctor, 2 Zappers, and 8 relatively common bagin bin games for total $75
>>
>>4173851
Great (((deal)))! Guy sounds like quite the salesman.
>>
>>4173851
damn nice
>>
>>4173851
Not a flea market story, but my NES was from a lady I used to work with who's son killed some woman. Saw her walking home and ran out and stabbed her to death. She cleaned out all his stuff after he went to jail and I got the NES, zapper, 2 controllers for free (plus a SNES with some games).
>>
>>4173851
Super Mario RPG for $2
FF3 CIB for $5
>>
I've got some good deals from my country's craigslist, but I haven't really gone to flea markets in twenty years.
>>
I picked up a working Atari 2600 with power adapter and four controllers for $30 at a flea market a few months ago. Not a huge bargain but I had been meaning to get back into 2600 after spending many decades without one.
>>
>>4174893
Yep its either someone knows what they've got, or they don't.
>>
>>4173851
Bro you got fucked. All of those repairs are easy as fuck to do yourself and a retrobrite treated case is just going to turn yellow again anyway. You could have gotten those 8 shitty games, Zappers, controllers and standard issue cables with the console for about $45 if you'd bothered to look at idiots selling "non-working" or rough condition systems.
>>
>>4173851
I went to a flea market in upstate Connecticut this Sunday where this guy was selling REALLY commom, I mean Defender, Yar's Revenge Berzerk level common 2600 carts from 6.99 to 11.99. He was even selling E.T for 16.99 "because it's a collectible".

I ended up buying 4 common 7800 games and 2600 Infiltrate off him for $25.00
>>
>>4173851
I went to my local flea market the past Saturday, manged to get a box with 20 famiclones games for around 10 bucks, most of them are pretty good, some Kunio Kun sport games and some Cacpcom Disney games.
>>
I found an NES for cheap at a garage sale complete with both controllers and zapper. One of the controllers has a sticky d-pad and b button but other than that it looks in great condition.
They told me it worked but they had lost the AC adapter. What type of AC adapter do I have to use for it?
>>
Back in high school I picked up a toploader NES for like two bucks at a thrift store because the person working thought it was an answering machine.
>>
>>4173851
Old story, but 15 years ago, I got a Saturn, memory cart and 10 games (not sports games), for $50 from a pawnshop. The Owner hadn't been able to sell any of it in the 3 years he had it.
>>
>>4177524
thats hilarious
>>
>>4176843
Look it up, but I remember it veing something like 9v 1000mA.

I just ended up buying a legit one online.
>>
>>4176843
I'd recommend this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NINTENDO-NES-A-C-ADAPTER-POWER-SUPPLY-FREE-SHIPPING/162046174674
The vertical configuration of the power brick on the original AC adapter is cumbersome to say the least. Buying something lightweight/slim like that from a reputable seller is the way to go.
>>
last sunday i got jet force jemini for $3, perfect dark for $5, 2 n64 power bricks for $12, and a snes controller for $5.

was that a good deal?
>>
8 months ago, my neighbor was moving out. Her husband had just died and she just gave me his ps2, snes, nes, all the games he had. I honestly felt bad and offered to pay $200-300, but she wouldn't take it, she just wanted to get rid of them.
>>
>>4177841
What games did you get? And how old was she?
>>
>>4174751
Killer deal
>>
>>4177850
Carlos...
>>
>>4177846
She is 43, and mostly casual stuff, a few rpgs. The rarest things I got was snes chrono trigger, just the cart, and ps valkyrie profile cib. Nothing rarer than that, most of what I got was casual stuff like karate kid, super mario kart etc. In total it was 31 snes games, 43 nes games, 23 ps2 games, 33 ps1 game.
>>
I went to the big regional flea market as a third wheel with the couple I'd been double dating with before I broke up with that girl (lived just a bit too far, Phantasy Star Online wasn't quite a date). I found a CiB NES Miracle Piano for $5. I called him dainty for being afraid to walk in the mud then shared several laughs with her at his expense when he asked if there was a real place called "Buttfuck, Egypt" and when she was telling us how you could get M&Ms of all one color in Hershey, Pa he remarked he couldn't believe they paid someone to sit there and sort them.

She was the girl I was in bed with when 9/11 happened
>>
>>4173851
I wish I could sell and NES for $75
>>
File: DDsv7PuUMAAjXq1.jpg (208KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DDsv7PuUMAAjXq1.jpg
208KB, 900x1200px
I got these for $2-3 dollars each and an XBone for $40 at Goodwill. Brain Age 2, Epic Mickey, and Wii Sports was free and it was just the case
And ya, that's Tomba!
>>
File: DEpo0CyV0AA35zx.jpg-large.jpg (337KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEpo0CyV0AA35zx.jpg-large.jpg
337KB, 1920x1080px
>>4178184
These were $10 each from a Thrift Store. Also got Kirby: RttDL for $4 yesterday

There's a used game vender at a flee market, but he has repros for sale. Shit like Metroid Fusion on SNES and Zelda: LttP in a non-gray cart. Kinda thinking all his games might be repros set at full retail.
>>
>>4178184
>XBone for $40 at Goodwill

how did you manage that?
>>
File: DDsweQ8U0AEJJLF.jpg (68KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DDsweQ8U0AEJJLF.jpg
68KB, 768x1024px
>>4178197
It was marked as-is with the controller and cables. They didn't have a TV with HDMI so I plugged it in and it turned on. I took a huge risk buying it.
At home it booted to the first time startup screen, so I think it was never used.
Gotta take off the marker before I try to flip it because I already own one
>>
File: photo.jpg (131KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
131KB, 816x612px
>>4178207
Found a NFR Warioware Touch at a thrift store for like $2 also.
This was my best find from a fucking Gamestop.
>>
>>4178207

Weird, and handwritten price? Where are you located? Most Goodwills I see are pretty modernised and would never let this slip through, and all use sticker pricetags.
>>
>>4178219
Stickers are used, but I see more handwritten ones still.

Sorry bro, gotta keep my thrift store hunting grounds secret. I find enough games and shit, that I hit them up almost weekly in attempts to find stuff
>>
>>4178207
That place in IL? reminds me of the handwriting I get on all my shit when ever I go there. I fucking hate grease pencils.
>>
>>4178308
No far from it

Like I said, I think it's just standard for Goodwill to use markers or grease pencils
>>
>>4177821
Well when I compare it to prices in europe and convert them to dollars then I can say the games were definitely good deals. SNES controller is a good one if you don't have to clean it out completely and/or need to change the rubber pads in it because they've loosened up. No idea how much a N64 adapter costs but it's probably alright.
>>
>>4177841
>>4177863
If that's actually true then you must have been very lucky. Whether she or her husband were lucky as well might be a different matter though.
>>
>>4178091
>Phantasy Star Online wasn't quite a date
If she thought that then you dodged a bullet.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.