[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to buy Link's Awakening for 3DS Virtual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 10

File: la_vs_ladx.jpg (23KB, 320x144px) Image search: [Google]
la_vs_ladx.jpg
23KB, 320x144px
I'm planning to buy Link's Awakening for 3DS Virtual Console, but only DX is available and I liked the original more. Should I buy DX?
>>
Seeing as it's 99.9% the same exact game, yes.
>>
DX isn't bad. I'll list the differences for you, and let you decide.

>DX added the optional color dungeon, and colored tunics
>DX added the photography side quest
>DX changed the stone slab dungeon item to the stone beak
>DX made the Genie boss a bit easier
>DX features a different ending screen

You can read up on all of the minor things here.
https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_Link%27s_Awakening/Version_Differences
>>
>>4172956
Ya. Almost identical but added another dungeon. Good game.
>>
>>4172956
Unless you're really nostalgic for the Gameboy version and hate seeing colors added to it and a few things as mentioned in >>4172970 you should be good to go with the DX version. Even then I'd still buy it on VC instead of paying around 20 bucks for a loose cartridge. Haven't bought anything on the Eshop yet but AFAIK there's usually a digital manual included when you buy games there from the VC store.
>>
>>4172956
>I liked the original more
Wut? DX is just the original with improvements.
>>
>>4172956
original is better because of screen-warp glitch.
>>
>>4173123
Spotted the faggot speedrunner
>>
>>4172956
Hey OP, I prefer the mono version as well, because nostalgia. I recently played through it again, and it was excellent.

Buy the orig. if you want. It's like $15 on eBay
>>
>>4173225
never tried to speed run that game in my life. it is just a mysterious thing to explore after beating the game. i played the GB version with my friend growing up, and bought the DX version later, which isn't bad by any means, but them fixing the screen warp bug always made me sad.
>>
>>4173114
It allows you to 'b' out of the found a piece of power/defense nut and you need power bracelet to lift that messages.
>>
>>4173467
No, it doesn't.
>>
File: hippo tiddies.png (534B, 64x128px) Image search: [Google]
hippo tiddies.png
534B, 64x128px
>>4172956
DX version is the better version. BUTT, you dont get to see mermaid and hippo tiddies. HAHA BAKA americans get censored every time. Links Awakening is great for learning moonrunes.
>>
>>4173486
There is nothing inherently wrong or "autistic" about preferring the original version. The colors can sometimes look a bit clashing, and make tilesets a lot more obvious. It doesn't look bad, but I personally prefer LA in monochrome. There's some nice custom palettes you can make with the super gameboy too.
That said, if OP needs to ask if he should buy it denotes that either he's a tool or baiting.
As others said it's basically the same game. He's maybe complaining that Nintendo isn't selling the original version. It would be nice if you could switch between original and DX within the same VC purchase, but that's too much to ask I guess.
>>
you could hack your 3ds and play the original via injected vc rom or retroarch.
>>
>>4173486
The only sperg here is you that chimps out because others want the original game
And a retarded piece of shit that uses the word autistic incorrectly
Kill yourself nigger
>>
>>4173552
Calm down, it's just my opinion. I do think the colors are a bit clashing, but I said: It doesn't look bad. I just _personally_ prefer it in monochrome, I think the game was designed to look good even in monochrome. Of course it looks good in color, but on top of the colors being a bit clashing (not all the times, but in certain parts like the one I posted), it also makes the tilesets bland with each other in a less subtle way. Again, this doesn't make it look bad, but makes me prefer it in monochrome myself.
The autistic thing here is to not comprehend that different people might have different ways to appreciate stuff, while not being necessary to shit on an otherwise better alternative.
However, I do admit nostalgia influence me, but not to the extent to avoid playing DX. I have played and liked both versions.
>>
File: Kiki_(Link's_Awakening).png (218KB, 385x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kiki_(Link's_Awakening).png
218KB, 385x400px
B&W is better aesthetics fight me
>>
File: Swamp-Artwork-Large.png (3MB, 1673x1617px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp-Artwork-Large.png
3MB, 1673x1617px
>>4173578
I agree actually.
>>
>>4173516
>sword on B
Discusting.
>>
>>4173471
The original does so. I own a copy and have done it. Don't be a ponce.
>>
Just do what I do when there's multiple versions of the same game: play them all and note the differences. Do your homework, figure out the release order, and play them from the first and on up. Why choose when you could just play them all?
>>
>>4173114
Eh. The changed texts in some locations break the mood. That you're not outright told you're getting a second sword in exchange for mussels is... underwhelming. Like being told what you get for christmas in mid-july. The additional hints make the dungeons too easy.

None of this really matters for someone who simply comes back to the game, but for a first-time players, I definitely recommend the original.
>>
Original:
+Has the monochrome B&W color palette. Great if you prefer a dream world aethestic.
+Lots of fun glitches not available on DX
+Can be played on the Super GameBoy with a unique border and custom colors
+Some small text and design differences

DX:
+Everything has GBC color
+Added the optional color dungeon
+Added colored tunics with unique stats
+DX added the photography side quest
>>
>>4173114

I'm not OP but I don't consider the awful cotton candy colors to be an improvement over the black and white (green) original.
>>
>>4173263
>give some random guy money for a second hand piss stained product.

Yeah I don't like giving you kind of faggots money. I'd rather buy it digital or just run it on a 3DS gb emulator.
>>
>>4174659

>+Has the monochrome B&W color palette.
>+Lots of fun glitches not available on DX

Graphical hardware limitations and unpatched bugs are not positive features. Stop trying to portray the two versions as if they're roughly equal. Sometimes a newer thing is better than an older thing. Take off your fucking nostalgia glasses.
>>
>>4174725
>Sometimes a newer thing is better than an older thing.
Why the fuck are you on /vr/ if you hate retro games?
>>
File: 120565902253.png (673KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
120565902253.png
673KB, 569x802px
>>4174725
Quit being a twat. I prefer DX as well, but can totally understand why some like the original more.
>>
>>4174875
Anon, calm down. You're getting all worked up over differing preferences in vidya.
>>
>>4174881
Welcome to /vr/. Everyone here does it, and usually to a far worse extent. Aparently everyone is super open minded and mature all of a sudden when I highlight the absurdity of actually wanting to play an 8 bit game in monochrome instead of colour. See what happens if you post a pic of Castlevania II and complain about how it's too obtuse for your tastes and you fuckers will start sperging out and foaming at the mouth.

Yeah, fuck off. It's nobody's preference. They're just being contrarian for the sake of it.
>>
>>4174885
>contrarian
Most people tend to prefer the original, though.
>>
>>4174887
Do you mean most people on /vr/? Because that doesn't count. This is an entire board infested with contrarian hipsters. Fuck, you could even extend that mentality to most of the boards on 4chan.

Offer any normal person to either play Link's Awakening in monochrome, or actually play it in colour (and with added content for good measure). What do you think they'll choose? In fact, why do you think, according to OP, that they only have the DX version on virtual console? Nobody who isn't either a contrarian or absolutely blinded by their own nostalgia would prefer the B&W version of the game. And that's most people.
>>
File: 1407274126454.jpg (149KB, 528x458px) Image search: [Google]
1407274126454.jpg
149KB, 528x458px
>>4174908
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>4174924
Yeah. I hear it's a really shitty site. I've never been there myself, but you've obviously spent enough time there to know how bad it is. Maybe you should head back there yourself if you want to get really butthurt about an opinion you disagree with and downvote them into oblivion.
>>
>>4174928
>n-no u
the peak of redditor """""""wit"""""""
>>
>>4174950
No seriously. How would you know how bad reddit is if you've never spent a significant amount of time there yourself? How can you hate it's culture so much without having been a part of it for some time? All I know is that I prefer the anonymity of 4chan, so I've never been interested in making an account there. But you're making it incredibly obvious that you''ve migrated here from there.

Stop advertising your website here, nobody cares and it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
>>
>>4174984
>How would you know how bad reddit is if you've never spent a significant amount of time there yourself?
love this meme. "how would you know how bad africa is if you've never spent a significant amount of time there hurr durr"
>>
>>4174994
>a website is the same thing as an entire continent now

Nice false equivilance there. Seriously, just stop. This whole 'website wars' thing is cringey as fuck and it's only the reddit migrants who give this much of a shit about it because you're so desperate to fit in here. Well anon, I regret to inform you that you don't. You're trying way too hard.
>>
>>4175006
yeah well at least I fit in your mom's meat pocket just fine ;^)
>>
>>4175014
With a dick that small, who wouldn't?
>>
File: 1338407280296.jpg (47KB, 506x552px) Image search: [Google]
1338407280296.jpg
47KB, 506x552px
>>4175026
kys
>>
>>4173516
You can inject new roms into VC on any system. You can't rely on Nintendo with virtual console games.
>>
Nice discussion.
>>
>>4172956
>I'm planning to make a life altering $5 decision. wut do?
Come back when 18+ summers have passed
>>
>>4172956
Why would you play the regular version over the color version?

Nostalgia and the screen skip glitch are the only 2 reasons that come to mind, neither of which sway me to play the original over dx
>>
File: hoemere.jpg (10KB, 894x786px) Image search: [Google]
hoemere.jpg
10KB, 894x786px
>>4175031
>screenshot of a reaction image
>>
>>4172956
Tangential question here, but what did Metroid II DX have that Metroid II doesn't?
>>
File: 1479005725060.jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1479005725060.jpg
19KB, 600x450px
>>4173702
>Sword on A
>jumping with B

literal autism
>>
>>4176927
There is no Metroid II DX anon :(
>>
just get dx on 3ds. And remember to hold start while booting the game
>>
>>4178340
there was a rom hack made called dx
and nintendo is remaking it for release in october
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.