[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i go back and replay sonics 1-3? i dont remember too much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: 1501895402947.png (64KB, 842x581px) Image search: [Google]
1501895402947.png
64KB, 842x581px
should i go back and replay sonics 1-3? i dont remember too much about them, i just remember really liking marble zone

is pic related correct?
>>
>>4171842
Sonic one is a masterpiece
>>
>>4171842
how the hell are these games youve only played once? they have much replay value.
>>
File: sanic.png (69KB, 1272x853px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
69KB, 1272x853px
this one is more correct
>>
>>4171842
It's a shame no other Sonic really feels like 1. 2 and CD are like different takes on 1's formula, but 1 still has the best pacing in the series because you're constantly alternating between speed and traditional platforming. Plus it's the one that feels like an arcade the most.
>>
>>4171842
Go ahead! They're all relatively short games compared to today's games, and they're all pretty damn fun. I'd say go for it!
>>
You forgot the "shitty flow-breaking gimmicks" for S3&K.
>>
>>4171842
I don't like them anymore but just play a couple, don't worry about categorizing them.
>>
>>4173496

Like what? Sounds like you're talking about CD.
>>
>>4171842
>Sonic CD
>Exploration
It isn't.
>>
>>4173496
There's not a single Sonic game that doesn't do this at least once. Come on now. I play these for the platforming so I was never bothered at all.
>>
Sonic 1 is about speed, not Sonic 2. In Sonic 2, Tails slows you down.

Sonic 2 has so many different ways to beat each level, I'd say it's about exploration. There's still places in Oil Ocean Zone I haven't figured out how to get to.
>>
Sonic 1 is the only good Sonic game.
>>
>>4173647
>Sonic 1 is about speed, not Sonic 2

What is Marble Zone?
What is Labyrinth Zone?
What is Scrap Brain Zone?
>>
>>4171880
Funny as those seem to me as the least autistic Sonic games, you always see the Sonic autists on the Internet talking about the edgy 3D games. In fact with the announcement of Mania and Forces at the same time you can clearly see which part of the fanbase is which.
>>
>>4173603
>Every stage has more paths than Chemical Zone
>Also three different time periods for every Act 1 and 2

>>4173665
>What is Marble Zone?
https://youtu.be/Myo6X4oXY-o

>What is Labyrinth Zone?
https://youtu.be/fulh0so-oPE

>What is Scrap Brain Zone?
https://youtu.be/QYVAyclmqK8
>>
>>4173828
It was these games, not the 3D ones, that created Chris Chan. Enough said.
>>
exploration has literally never been a big part of the sonic games. The levels break into a series of high/low paths with the higher paths rewarding skill play.

Having an obvious breakable wall every now and then with a shield behind it is the absolute lowest possible form of """exploration""" you can get.
>>
>>4173647

Tails doesn't do shit, anon, you can ignore him completely
>>
>>4175928
Akshully they hid special stage big rings in sanic 3
>>
>>4173868

Actually it was neither, Chris-Chan got into Sonic through the TV show and comics of the 90s, he basically says so himself as a kid here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBcKcD9L6_U

I feel pretty stupid correcting a guy on Chris-chan of all things but there you go. He's never been crazy about video games in general from what I can tell, his Pokemon fandom too was limited to the card game and show.
>>
>>4173841
aw nice cute speedruns sweetie
>>
>>4175970
Crazy to think about all the games he lost in the fire tho,
But what the fuck was he doing making coffee in the bathroom at 3 in the morning?
>>
>>4173841
Nice proving that Labyrinth Zone is a slog even when abusing glitches and speedrun strats
>>
>>4171842
Goddamn sonic's 1-3 logos look so fucking good.
>>
>>4171842
sonic 2 has stop and go gameplay which is insufferable, SO FUCK YOUR PICTURE
>>
>>4176179
That was the only spot that had room.
>>
1 - sonic 1
2 - sonic 2
3 - sonic CD
4 - sonic 3
5 - sonic and knuckles
>>
Everyone who isn't a pubescent sack of trash knows that there are only two good Sonic games and they're both Sonic 1.
>>
>>4176972
>there are only 2 good sonic games
You obviously haven't played all of them then. I've been a fan of Sonic since I was 9 when the game first came out. I'm now 35. I can list many multiple great Sonic games from the top of my head...

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic CD
Sonic Spinball
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Generations
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing
Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Colors
>>
>>4177120
Sorry mate, I've run the numbers and the only good Sonic games are 1 and its 8-bit version. That's just the way it is.
>>
>>4176972
Just like how the only good Marios are 1 and 3. Both are mostly shit compared to later series like Crash anyways :^)
>>
>>4177156
Your opinions are not fact. Learn to accept that please.

I, for the most part, agree with >>4177120 with the exception of Sonic Heroes. I do not like that game, but it did its best for what it's worth.
>>
File: 350px-Sh_Frog_Forest.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
350px-Sh_Frog_Forest.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>4177719
Heroes had really good level themes. Music too. That was enough to keep me playing, desu.
I hope they can get modded into SA1 someday.
>>
>>4177156
>8 bit Sonic 1
>good
Nope. My list is a fairly accurate number of good Sonic games.
>>
>>4177898
Sonic 1 GG is better than Sonic 1 Sega Genesis.
>>
>>4177910
Sonic 1 is better on the Genesis than Game Gear. Better graphics, sound & game play trumps whatever the Game Gear version had to offer.
>>
>>4177914
>he's using graphical fidelity as an argument on /vr/
>he thinks graphics == gameplay
>>
>>4177916
>he can't read
>>
>>4177914
Of course the 16 bit game is going to have better graphics than an 8 bit game, that's fucking expected, you bitch.
>>
>>4177805
I agree, but they just drag on for SO LONG. I found myself often getting bored and frustrated at some of the level gimmicks like in Lost Jungle. If you fuck up with the flight formation, you'll likely die, enemies can knock you off of platforms much easier than in the Adventure games, enemies themselves can be chores to beat (especially the flying ones that are everywhere), and the special stages are just a crapshoot (They're still better than the ones in the Classic games in my opinion). Heroes has made me almost as angry as when I played '06.

But to its credit, there is good replay value here, the game has great aesthetics, music, charm, and a story that doesn't get in the way. The controls aren't too shabby either, even for the speed characters.
>>
>>4177120
>Sonic Adventure
>Sonic Adventure 2
Sorry but no
>>
>>4173405
Fun is just a buzzword when you can't actually think of any real reasons as to why a game is good, don't use it.
>>
>>4171842
Sure. Don't forget to play the master system Sonic. It's different enough and pretty good.
>>
>>4176195
Anon there was a not single glitch used in any of those videos.
>>
>>4177916
>graphics = game play
Nowhere in my post did I say graphics is "game play". Your reading comprehension needs work.

>>4177925
>Being this angry at me for mentioning the obvious.
>Doesn't like the fact that 16 bit versions of any game renders the 8 bit versions useless & pointless.
Stay mad.

>>4178272
>Not liking Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
>Yet people still like those games to this very day.
Stay mad.
>>
>>4177805
Knowing Sonic Retro, it's just a matter of time
>>
>>4171842
>mommy, what toys should i play with
>>
>>4178336
Fine.

They control nicely, have a good physics engine, great level design, and to top it all off, great music and graphics.
>>
Sonic is pretty garbage desu dont really get the appeal
>>
>>4177120
>Heroes
lol no
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.