[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family has a road trip planned before I have to go back to college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: cover.jpg (107KB, 538x538px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
107KB, 538x538px
Family has a road trip planned before I have to go back to college and I own a 3DS to take with me. Thinking about loading it up with some games from Virtual Console store.

In particular, the Game Boy Final Fantasy games, which I've never ever played.

Which one should I get? Final Fantasy Legend 1 or 2 or 3? Final Fantasy Adventure?

Never played them, so I don't want to go into it blind. Any recommendations?
>>
First off, all four games are actually part of the SaGa series; the series started on the Game Boy but Square rebranded them FF games for the US market in the early 90s.

Of the four, Adventures is the easiest but it's more or less Legend of Zelda/Crystalis type hack and slash and explore RPG whereas the Legend trilogy is more standard RPG.

Of the three Legends games, I'd give II the highest thumbs up due to story. Of the three, the first two games are the best while the third one is the most underwhelming.
>>
>>4171502
Adventure is a Seiken Densetsu/Mana game, you tard.

The 3 Legend games are SaGa games.
>>
>>4171502
My dear friend. I respectfully disagree. I enjoyed Legend 3. The time traveling was well done in my opinion.
>>
>>4171489
I think FFL is objectively the superior game, however it's built on really broken and archaic mechanics, so it's probably not best to play blind without the internet. FFL2 has a lot of the same mechanics as FFL1, but is more refined and straightforward.

In a lot of ways, FFL2 is the superior game, except it's just a bit more a slog. In 2017, the empty spaces, vague setting, and completely obtuse mechanics of FFL1 make it something like Dark Souls for Gameboy, whereas FFL2 is much more polished RPG, and by extension is a mostly-standard JRG, which has been done better on other systems.
>>
>>4171517
FFL3 is actually the first game mad by the Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest team, and as such is something and easy, boring grindfest. (not because you have to grind a lot, just because the game is so bland)
>>
>>4171489
I recommend starting with the first one. I played it on a road trip as a kid and loved it.
>>
>>4171489
FF Legend 1 and 2 are good but very short, although that might be what you're looking for. Also if you're interested, Dragon Quest Monsters 2 feels like it was designed to be played in the backseat of your parents car
>>
>>4171489
Are you some kind of 12 year old child prodigy on the fast-track through college? Otherwise put the DS away and spend some time with your family. I'll be happy to provide some conversation starters if you'd like
>>
>>4171489
FFL2 and FFA are good.
>>4171807
Maybe his family members are insufferable normalfags.
>>
>>4171489
>car ride with family
>needing video games
are you sure you didn't mean back to elementary school? bring some nonoffensive CDs to play in the car, fuck around on your phone if it gets awkward, but for the most part just spend time with them christ
>>
Final Fantasy Adventure is a very competent, rudimentary action adventure.

First two Final Fantasy Legends are great, they can be a little tricky though so they are definitely more hardcore than normal modern JRPGs.

The third Final Fantasy Legend is pretty shit compared to the others but if you need another JRPG, then here it is.
>>
>>4171489

all legend games are great

3s class system is neat
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.