/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It is Autumn of 1994. Sonic & Knuckles has just been released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: fast.jpg (91KB, 674x800px) Image search: [Google]
fast.jpg
91KB, 674x800px
It is Autumn of 1994. Sonic & Knuckles has just been released to critical acclaim, and it seems like the only way for SEGA to go is up. (you) have been put in charge of bringing the Sonic franchise to the next generation.

How do you proceed?
>>
>it's another "what if" Sega thread
>>
>>4170643
Good post, really made me think.
>>
Make Tails a girl.
>>
i build a machine to print money since im living in fantasy land

i agree with this anon >>4170643 these threads are fucking boring and constantly being spammed lately.
>>
Put nearly all development effort on making Sonic X the best game anyone has ever seen at the time. Shit out a real Sonic 4 that has a genesis version or a super enhanced Sega cd 32x version. Hold off on the Dreamcast and make it more powerful and give it a DVD player. Put more work into Sonic adventure, tightening it up a LOT.
>>
>>4170650
nah, he's practically one already
>>
>>4170639
I foresee that 3D is the future, and Sonic team might have troubles releasing a 3D game that fits the formula, and temporarily put Sonic on hold as I take a group of people on the Sonic Team and taks them with one goal - developing a game that will bring Sonic formula into 3D.
I will not force them to shit out half-assed attempts like an isometric platformer with "Blast" in the title or some racing game, or force them to make a game that plays like other 3D platformers for the market in time for arrival of a new console like Saturn or Dreamcast. Instead, I give the team free license to do what they want, and release the game when they're ready - similar approach at Nintendo would eventually result in Super Mario 64.

I have foresight to realize that we have one chance to give 3D Sonic real mechanical identity, and if we don't get it right, 3D Sonic games will be meandering collection of bullshit with no mechanical identity for decades to come.
>>
>le red pill me on ______
>I'm about to play _________ what am I in for???
>How would U save da Sega???

Worst thread types on /vr/
>>
>>4170639
>make a visually stunning 3D game where you move on a 2D line, like Pandemonium
>make it simple like Sonic 1, because the useless sophistication of 3 and Knuckles was already a sign of decline
>market it to death

Done.
>>
>>4171091
Also, it must be ready for the Saturn's launch, otherwise the Saturn will not be released and Sega will become a third-party developer.
>>
>>4170643
>>4170650
>>4170670
>>4171069
Worthless posts. Kill yourselves.

>>4171062
Good post.

>>4171091
>>4171094
>Pandemonium
Looked it up, I think this looks like the best way to bring Sanic into 3D. The question is, would a "2.5D" game like this have stood its ground against SM64? How would being released before/after SM64 have affected it?
>>
>>4171192
>would a "2.5D" game like this have stood its ground against SM64?
Probably not, but it would have secured many sales for the Saturn one year before the N64 gets released; then a true 3D Sonic (say, Nights rebranded as Sonic in the West) could have been released shortly after SM64 for a larger player base.
>>
>>4171192

Go back to /v/ you fucking child. Use the fucking catalog instead of posting the first stupid shit that comes into your head. "hurr what would save sega" for fucks sake
>>
BRO...WHAT IF SEGA DIDN'T FAIL???
>>
>>4171245
>>4171251
It's actually about saving Sonic, but I appreciate the bumps anyway.
>>
>>4170639
I would have cancelled Sonic 3D blast. Just release another 2D Sonic game, but have the graphics be similar to Clockwork Knight. Then I would attempt a 3D Sonic game after viewing how Nintendo handled Super Mario 64. Which probably would have resulted in Sonic Adventure.
>>
File: Sonicadventurecomparison.png (183KB, 640x240px) Image search: [Google]
Sonicadventurecomparison.png
183KB, 640x240px
>>4172589

Realistically Sonic Team should have made Sonic Adventure first and NiGHTS afterwards, judging by Sonic World on Sonic Jam it would have been fun. If there was both a 3D Sonic and a 3D Mario in 96/97 SEGA could have stayed in the game.
>>
Jump to another company the moment i see better competition and let Sega be killed by old japanese mentality.
>>
>>4172629
I agree. I think Sonic Adventure on the Saturn, could have saved Sega.
>>
>>4172629
Why did they do NiGHTS instead? Was it because the fisheye thing was already going on?
>>
>>4171257
Kinda stupid when Sanic games sell like hotcakes regardless of quality. What do they need saving from?
>>
>>4172648

Supposedly they were just sick of making the same games, they made Ristar shortly before that as well. It was about the worst timing humanly possible, they could have taken years off with no damage had they just gotten Sonic out the door first.
>>
>>4172652
>regardless of quality
>>
>>4172648

The Fisheye thing was cancelled just a month or two before NiGHTS, the reason that even had such a marketing push was because it used the money they'd saved for X-Treme. Of course the reason X-Treme never had a chance is because they used the Z-team that made Sonic Spinball instead of someone who could actually pull it off.
>>
>>4172707
Quality has always been pretty low for Sanic games since the classic era, let's be honest here. Sanic 1 was never good.
>>
>>4170639
Beat Mario, Beat the competition, be edgy.
>>
>>4172714
what?
sonic 1 is awesome
>>
File: tailsdoll.png (147KB, 452x477px) Image search: [Google]
tailsdoll.png
147KB, 452x477px
>>4170639
Sonic R but with more levels and better platforming
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY9m2sHQwLs
>>
>>4171192
>Worthless posts. Kill yourselves.
Why are you angry?
>The question is, would a "2.5D" game like this have stood its ground against SM64? How would being released before/after SM64 have affected it?
Shouldn't you be more worried about Sega standing against Sony than against Nintendo?
Sonic Jam Adventure would have been interesting, but I don't know if it would have lived up to the hype. Judging from the mini-missions you can perform on the Sonic World hub, the platforming is erratic, I like that you can zoom out the camera and move with L and R freely, but it's still hard to make Sonic go where you want him to. I guess they saw this problem and added the homing attack on SA.
>>
>>4172714
You obviously never played any of the sonic games, including Sonic 1. I've always got enjoyment out of playing Sonic during his Sega Genesis & Dreamcast days.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.