[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Order the Sparkster/Rocket Knight Adventures games best to worst.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: box covers.png (739KB, 674x740px) Image search: [Google]
box covers.png
739KB, 674x740px
Order the Sparkster/Rocket Knight Adventures games best to worst. Explain your reasoning.
>>
dude, epic console wars from 28 years ago
>>
>>4169628
Not a Sega vs. Nintendo thing. I am genuinely curious what /vr/ thinks is a better take on the same character with his signature set of moves and the games' similar enemies, settings, and level gimmicks.
>>
I'll probably get flamed for this, but SNES Sparkster > RKA > Genesis Sparkster. I just like the gameplay, the levels, and the graphics more in the Super Nintendo game.
>>
>>4169673
>flamed

What's next? _usenet_ /formatting/??
>>
What I dislike about SNES Sparkster is how you have to use the L button to spin left, it would've made much more sense to just use R to spin whatever direction you're facing. Other than that they're all right and Rocket Knight is the best since it plays like a boss fest.
>>
File: Screenshot.jpg (52KB, 548x478px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.jpg
52KB, 548x478px
I grew up with an SNES, but I am kind of torn on whether to put Sparkster (SNES) or RKA first. I agree with >>4169673 about the graphics and the levels (pic related is gorgeous), but I think RKA might have better variety and pacing.
>>
>>4169678
I'm still chafed that neither MediaWiki nor Markdown uses objectively the best markup for //italics//.
>>
What awkward naming.
>>
RKA is the only one really worth playing but there's always speshul snowfleks on the internet that try to say Sparkster (SNES) is the best one.
>>
All I remember about trying the SNES version of Sparkster was the shitty framerate in the first damn level. Finished the boss and turned it off. I'd still try out the Gen port, though.
>>
>>4169872
This really. RKA has the best art direction and the two versions of Sparkster are just inferior attempts at recapturing RKA's magic.
>>
>>4169624
RKA > SNES Sparkster > Genesis Sparkster
>>
The other two Sparkster games are decent, they just have the problem in coming after the superior Rocket Knight Adventures.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.