[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game gets completed in less than 10 minutes What the heck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 220px-Alexkidd_shinobi_start.gif (13KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Alexkidd_shinobi_start.gif
13KB, 220x165px
>game gets completed in less than 10 minutes

What the heck were they thinking?
>>
>>4169457
sadly, it's still one of the better master system games

hell, it's somehow faster than the actual master system shinobi, a sluggish piece of shit
>>
>>4169457
Miracle World is best Alex Kidd, prove me wrong.
>>
>>4169459
What's funny is that Shinobi World wouldn't even cut it as a phone game today, while we genuinely enjoy it as one of the best Master System games.

>>4169463
Miracle World has bad controls and physics, and its reliance on janken to beat bosses is annoying. Shinobi World is an improvement in these areas.
>>
>>4169571
>What's funny is that Shinobi World wouldn't even cut it as a phone game today
Leave.
>>
>>4169578
I'm talking from the perspective of a non-/vr/ person that would download Shinobi World, and be very disappointed compared to what his usual mobile games offer.

That person would go: "It's too hard", but at the same time: "Is that all?"
>>
>>4169578
Honestly, phone games are the survival of 2D, how could we really be that opposed to them?
There have been some actually innovative ideas being implemented in bust-a-move clones for instance. Weird mechanics and so on.
>>
>>4169680
Like the mechanic of having to wait literal minutes before being allowed to buy and use upgrades
>>
>>4169680
I agree, I see the old-school spirit of gaming in many humble mobile games. They focus on the fundamentals: attractive design and innovative gameplay, while remaining immediately playable for anyone (not just gamers).

Angry Birds is a modern masterpiece that's just as good as the retro classics for me. Had it been released in 1992 (Japan only) on Super Famicom, all /vr/ would hype it to death.
>>
>>4169457
It's still the best Alex Kidd game.
>>
>>4169571
>Miracle World has bad controls and physics, and its reliance on janken to beat bosses is annoying.
The gameplay is fine, you just need to git gud. And not every boss makes you play janken to beat it.
>>
>>4169848
Last boss makes you play janken and THEN battle it.
>>
File: 1466079257894.jpg (38KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1466079257894.jpg
38KB, 480x454px
>>4169848
I'm gud, but a more responsive Alex would have been fine.

>my 6-year-old face when the dark ghost appeared (the one who follows you when you punch a "?" box)
>>
>>4169689
What?
I've played many mobile games and never paid shit or saw any ad that was overpowering, although you can put adblock on phones these days.
Plus F-Droid as well.
>>
>>4169708
Dots, 2dots, Cut The Rope, Frozen Bubble, Brickies.
There's a lot just in these arcade type games, plus the srpg mmo 2D world which I know has a big market share
>>
>>4169680
>phone games are the survival of 2D
Nigger what? 2D games, great ones, still get made.
>>
>>4169939
What are the relevant ones, apart from mobile games?
>>
>>4169919
Many phone games make you wait around for no reason but you can pay to make the wait shorter. Don't pretend that shit never happens.
>>
>>4170487
Shovel Knight, Super Meat Boy, Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, Sonic Mania, Shank, Wonder Boy remake, Blaster Master Zero, etc.
>>
>>4170551
It's all shit, doesn't hold a candle to the best android games.
>>
>>4170556
Ok phoneposter, you do you. Now go play Candy Crush
>>
>>4170551
And yet I can guarantee more people know Candy Crush than any of those games.
Candy Crush, btw, is a Tetris Attack descendant.

Would I like the games you mentioned to do better, be more popular? Sure. No one is saying they shouldn't be. But they are hardly the legacy of the Gameboy, the universal experience of the masses-- playing dot matrix tetris until you see it in your sleep.
>>
>>4170565
This.
>>
>>4170565
>survival of 2D
More like the survival of casual puzzle games for women, then. Also Candy Crush released like what, 2005? Those were the days when people actually bought cellphone games. The android market nowadays is a different place and not nearly as profitable as you make it seem.
>>
>>4169571
>What's funny is that Shinobi World wouldn't even cut it as a phone game today
That's more due to the phone game audience being retarded than any shortcomings of the game

>>4169680
>There have been some actually innovative ideas being implemented in bust-a-move clones for instance.
It's weird that bust-a-move used to be a somewhat obscure game and now it's the most normalfag thing in the world. Phone games of today could barely cut it as console games in /vr/ times, QED.
>>
Man this game is expensive. I just bought it off ebay a month ago, and it cost me as much as Wonder Boy III.

Had to have it though, borrowed and played it a lot in my childhood. I still get chills from the music.
>>
File: Mobile-Strike-Arnie-1.jpg (86KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
Mobile-Strike-Arnie-1.jpg
86KB, 600x371px
>>4170579
>>4171171
I just said RTS are even bigger than the puzzle games.
RTS and RPGs abound on the Mobile Gaming world, there are some high-budget commercials for all this.
What IS ad-revenue, anon?

>puzzle games are for girls durr
Just because you can't git gud doesn't mean the games are bad
>>
Who is honestly going to beat this game in 10 minutes? I mean really.
>>
>>4171347
Really are you considering Clash Royale a Real Time Strategy title?
>>
>>4171347
I would reply to this post but you've hit the daily limit of asshurt anon replies for the day, please buy a Golden 4chan Ticket for 4 gems, 53 m00t tokens and 32 anal plugs to replenish your stock of butthurt anonymous replies.
>>
>>4171349
If you're good enough to complete it and know the controls, how would you spend even 15 or 20 minutes?
>>
>>4170556
Confirmed for not playing any of those, and how the fuck did >>4170551 get Shank but not Mark of the Ninja?
>>
>>4171383
Fuck off oldman, you're retro trash is old and busted, android is the new hotness.
>>
>>4171386
If you hate retro games so much then why are you even on /vr/?
>>
>>4171553
If I had to guess he's a crossboarder who just writes piss to release some steam.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.