[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never been able to get into Tales of Phantasia or Destiny,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
I've never been able to get into Tales of Phantasia or Destiny, although it's been years since I've tried the latter, but I'm currently playing through this and having a great time.

Has anyone else found this? If so, what is it about Eternia that's so much better?
>>
File: meredy.png (286KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
meredy.png
286KB, 500x659px
>>4166614
Eternia is a faster paced game with much better visuals.
I loved Destiny since the battle system was novel when I played it (being my first Tales game), but it's full of problems. Phantasia (on PS1) is a fair bit better, but it's still got slow combat that basically lacks real combo potential.
there's also the fact that Meredy and Farah are cute as fuck

man, there's something else about the game
like, it was to the point where I actually learned how to read those fucking runes (pro tip: if you forget what some of the characters are, just tilt your head sideways, half the letters are just mangled sideways latin letters)
gave up trying to be autistic enough to understand Meredy's spoken Melnics dialogue though, which is probably for the better

been meaning to give Eternia another playthrough for a while now though
been playing the fucking mobile Tales game, Tales of the Rays lately, save me
>>
>>4166614
It's because Eternia introduced many features, several of which became staples in the series.
Spells not stopping time for the animations was one great addition.
>>
I started this last summer and for the first time in years I was really enjoying a JRPG.
I had just gotten to disc 3 and my external HDD died and I fucking lost my game.
It pains me to remember how much fun I was having and what I had lost.

BTW, there's a fucking TON of short, cute, character building, story expanding little convos between the characters everytime you camp that didn't get translated for the US release. It's a fucking shame. You can find them on Youtue w/ translations and figure ou;t where you are with them and watch/catch up on them on your own as you play the game. Here's a part of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc0d-339vbA&list=WL&index=13
>>
>>4166614
Better controls than the previous two, which imo and basically unplayable because of how rigid they feel. A lot more fluid and fast.
>>
>>4166721
the lack of skits in Destiny and Eternia's western release is a hideous tragedy
at least Namco started to give a damn by the time Symphonia came out, but fucking hell, that was some shit
>>
>>4168481
>at least Namco started to give a damn by the time Symphonia came out
With unvoiced skits
>>
The characters in Eternia have a better dynamic than the previous Tales games (in my opinion). They make the story flow better. But it's not just that. The general party balance is also vastly improved. Every character has different abilities but all are useful from the start.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.