[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I tried this last night. Wow. It's even worse than he said.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: gfs_46907_2_4[1].jpg (45KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_46907_2_4[1].jpg
45KB, 512x448px
I tried this last night. Wow.

It's even worse than he said. By the time you get to your destination, if you can even find it because the streets are a maze, you're half dead already from the rooftop gunmen. Then you enter an area and you have to creep yourself forward one pixel at a time to get the next guy to appear on screen and determine if he has a gun or not so you can either shoot him if he does, or not if he doesn't. Then not to mention the stiff controls.

I can only imagine how pissed kids were in 1990 when their parents paid $70 for this and it was the only game they were getting until the next birthday/Christmas. It's so unplayable I can't even fathom how it was released.
>>
As Mr. Iwata explained, the developers would get really good at the game as they developed it, so they'd end up inadvertently making it really fucking hard, so that it challenged them, the people who were already familiar with the game.

Thus, new players would just get fucking demolished by the difficulty because it is tuned for someone who has been playing the game a lot already
>>
>>4165889
There is no way they could design the game and think getting shot to death just driving to the level was "too easy". More like they just didn't care. If it wasn't for the rooftop gunmen the game would be a lot better.
>>
>>4165856

you do know you can kill the rooftop snipers? literally git gud
>>
>>4166054
This really. I had no idea Dick Tracy had so many people complaining about difficulty until recently. I rented it as a kid, and beat it. It wasn't easy, and I did need a few tries to get past some really long levels(I remember something involving the docks being a kick in the dick), but it wasn't some godawful unplayable mess like the e-celebs claim.
>>
>>4166054
Having to inch your way through each block until one appears on the edge of the screen and then get out of the car to hit him is both tedious and boring. It's bad design. I just want to drive to the stage, not spend 10 minutes doing pest control each time.
>>
https://youtu.be/76eGBDBueEI
>>
>>4166673
Of course it would only be a matter of time before he made this to one up James.
>>
>>4166039
That had to be added for the rental market, no other explanation.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.