[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all games in the series are playable in english >except

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: LoH2_Boxart.jpg (124KB, 640x540px) Image search: [Google]
LoH2_Boxart.jpg
124KB, 640x540px
>all games in the series are playable in english
>except for this one
>not even the most dedicated falcom fans care about it
>tfw too old to learn japanese
JUST
>>
Good that you were born at the right time for machine translations then
>>
I'm upset that none of the classic Tengai Makyou games have gotten translations either even though the series is made to sound so notable. You can't even blame it on the game being "too foreign" for western audiences what with the big influx of feudal japanese DQ clones being translated in recent years.
>>
>>4164442
From what I remember, the problem with translating Tengai Makyou was because it used Kanji instead of Kana
>>
>>4164397
>too old to learn Japanese
No you're not. Just start studying. Lots of people learn as adults.

>>4164529
Kanji is just a normal part of the Japanese writing system. Someone who can't translate kanji is someone who doesn't know Japanese.
>>
>>4164534
Not him, but a lot of people start as adults just to never really become fluent. Learning a new language past 25 is hell, you need three times the effort and the results will never be half as good as if you grew up learning it.
>>
You don't need to know a language to translate it, it just takes a long time like a linguist trying to decipher an ancient language ;)
>>
>>4164397
>>tfw too old to learn japanese

Lies. Unless you're like 80 you can learn enough to read a simple RPG in a year or two.
>>
>>4164621
Well, sure. Fluency is hard. You have to live in the country where it's used and use it on a daily basis for years if you want to become fluent (if true fluency is even possible for adult learners). Most adults aren't going to move to a new country just to master a foreign language that they have a passing interest in.

Fortunately, if you just want to understand Japanese video games and cartoons, you don't need to be anywhere near fluent. The level of proficiency you need is easily achievable with a few years of study at home.
>>
>>4164621
Look up Steve Kaufman on youtube. The guy is ancient and is still learning new languages. Last I checked he was up to like 13. Now is he fluent as a native? No. But he is good enough he can carry on conversations and survive in that country, which is pretty damn fluent by my book. I mean I could say I'm not fluent in English because there's still words I see sometimes I don't know despite having been born into it. There is always more to learn no matter who it is.
>>
>>4164442
>You can't even blame it on the game being "too foreign" for western audiences what with the big influx of feudal japanese DQ clones being translated in recent years.
If you can understand Japanese puns then you should be able to play the series without translations.
>>
>>4164397
>>tfw too old to learn japanese

Use the money you saved up to attend a language school in Japan.
>>
>>4165685
Taking a class to learn a language is the biggest waste of time and money imaginable. Just do it yourself at home, it's not some hidden knowledge only a professional can impart. Learn some words, get an easy to understand book on sentence structure, and learn enough so you can read actual publications in that language and learn from that. It's surprisingly easy if you are really into it.
>>
>>4165813
I'm talking about a language school in Japan.
>>
>>4165970
What's the difference about going to Japan or doing it here?
>>
>>4166037
You're in Japan.

If you couldn't learn otherwise, that should force you. If you still fail, you're doomed.
>>
>>4164621
You won't sound like a university professor but learning enough to read a newspaper or understand a film without subtitles is more than feasible.
>>
>>4164397
Isn't there a fan translation of this, even including a dub, actively being worked on right now? Or am I thinking of another PCE game
>>
>>4166093
That was Legend of Xanadu.
>>
>>4165685
>quit your job
>leave your family and friends behind
>sell your car and stuff
>move to japan
>all so you can force yourself to learn the language to be able to play a video game
>>
>>4166354
You don't know how old OP is. Maybe he's not that old. And it seems like he wants to learn Japanese.
>>
>At the age of fifteen Atlas and his teacher Lowel spot strange beings in spacesuits outside of the capital city. They do not recognize the spacesuits and believe them to be monsters.

Fucking what.

I know 日本語 so I ought to give these games a shot. Is the Playstation port with both 1 and 2 any good? I don't have PC Engine and I like to avoid emulation when I can.
>>
>>4166947
I played the MD port and it was pretty well done.
I think the only bad port is the SFC one. The 8 bit releases are also not very interesting.
>>
>>4164397
>all games in the series are playable in english
>except for this one
And the three that follow it. Those PSP remakes are not even close to being the same games as what they are based off.
>>
>>4167695
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>4168334

I've only played a few hour of the PC version of White Witch so I'm not speaking from experience but from what I've heard, they changed the battle system from a sort of real time battle that takes place in the space that you run into the encounter to a more traditional RPG battle system. Also the translation is apparently not great and they somehow managed to release the games in the wrong order which is absolutely baffling to me.
>>
>>4168334
>Care to elaborate?
No. There is no point, a couple of minutes of Youtubing makes it plain as day.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.