[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i go about opening the controller up if 2 of the screws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

How do i go about opening the controller up if 2 of the screws are rusted to hell? They arent even cross shaped, more like circles now.
>>
only option is a drill with a thin tip, carefully drilling until you break the screw, it will not work again obviously.
>>
>>4164385
You're pretty fucked. You can drill out the heads, and then pop it off, and unscrew the now headless screws using pliers.

Otherwise, unless the controller is broken, just leave it closed.
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+remove+stripped+screws
>>
>>4164385
Try putting a rubberband between the screw and the driver. It sounds dumb, but it works.
>>
>>4164394
>>4164395
That sounds pretty wild. To be honest i have only used a drill a handful of times. Just to be clear, im gonna use a small tip and basically keep drilling down until i break the screw? Sounds a bit risky but i understand it. And yeah i kinda do need to open it up to clean it, as the start button is very hard to register

>>4164403
Really? Just put in a rubberband, thick or thin in between?
>>
>>4164385
>rusted to hell
Pic unrelated? There are special tools for this and they work very well. But a dingus who stripped the screw heads isn't going to have those so try the rubber band method.
>>
>>4164701
Yeah not my pic, just grabbed a random photo. I bought the controller for $5 at a flea market last weekend and i tried to open it up to clean it up since the start button needs to be pressed really deep, and 2 screws are busted
>>
>>4164451
Use a thick rubber band. It's a common hack if you google it.
>>
>>4164403
This works. I had an old guitar with a completely worn phillips head pattern screw that needed to come off. The rubber band trick worked for me.
>>
>>4164385
>How do i go about opening the controller up if 2 of the screws are rusted to hell?

I recommend using a screwdriver.
>>
speed it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te8iSyKkAiw
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.