[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SPORTS!!!! Too many negative threads in this bitch! Time to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 12

SPORTS!!!!

Too many negative threads in this bitch! Time to talk about the one genre everyone is awkward about; talk about your favorite sports game and why.
>(Bonus points if it's fictional/semi-fictional)
>>
>>4164263
I actually hate sports games and the like (race games are not sports games btw) but I have to say that I find the International Super Star Soccer games quite nice makes me think back to when football was actually worth watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAs9JDQPJ20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siZZoTP8owE
>>
>>4164329
ISS64 has ok music but deluxe was the goat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPoUcVQtDJ4
>>
>>4164263
wind jammers is actually my secret weapon for getting people into fighting games

if you can curve the frisbee in this game, then suddenly you understand how to do those circular motions in a fighting game
>>
I'm really into sports games that are management simulations. Practically anything with a career mode counts, though the more in-depth simulations are my favorites. I've loved Baseball Stars since I was a kid. More recently I've gotten into Wrestle Angels.

>>4164329
>race games are not sports games btw
They totally are. You can like one sport (in game form) and still hate the rest. That's okay.
>>
I used to play a lot of sports games with friends and family. Baseball, hockey, basketball, golf, tennis, you name it. The only sport I was fond of playing irl as a child were hockey and soccer though. Football and the rest were too slow.

Volleyball for the NES was both hilarious and some great competitive fun. My sister and I still play it every once in a while some 25 years later. NHL games on Genesis were also a blast. I remember setting up computer generated seasons for background noise/something to watch in my room when I didn't feel like playing. Does anyone remember if Mutant League had that same option? I thought the series was funny but never owned any copies, so I didn't spend much time with it outside of rentals.

Dodgeball had to be the absolute best though. Wacky and creative.
>>
File: Hot_Shots_Golf_2_[U]-1.jpg (39KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Shots_Golf_2_[U]-1.jpg
39KB, 320x320px
Best retro golf game right here. And since I don't really play any other types of sports games, I guess it qualifies as my favorite... though I do like HSG3 even more.
>>
File: Sled_Storm_(1999)_Coverart.png (145KB, 256x251px) Image search: [Google]
Sled_Storm_(1999)_Coverart.png
145KB, 256x251px
OP here. Just bumping the thread while mentioning another sports game that's actually good. Sled Storm for the PS1! If you're into more arcade like racing games and want something different check it out. Also PS1 snow if comfy as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_6659.png (5KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6659.png
5KB, 256x224px
this if I'm being honest.

When I was like 7 years old Hat Trick in the arcade was my jam too
>>
>>4164263
The Speedballs. Bonus points and multiplier?
>>
>>4165273
Fucking incredible game.
>>
File: 56940-Soccer_(Japan,_USA)-1.jpg (70KB, 640x922px) Image search: [Google]
56940-Soccer_(Japan,_USA)-1.jpg
70KB, 640x922px
>>4164263
Soccer on the NES is legitimately fun
>>
File: Not_sarcastiball.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Not_sarcastiball.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>4165273
This would be my answer too. Super Dodgeball is very fun. I wish I had gotten Crash and the Boys Street Challenge too.

>>4164263
Windjammers is awesome. However since Super Dodgeball was already taken, I will say R4: Ridge Racer Type 4 for its amazing soundtrack. That late late night with neon colors illuminating the night aesthetic, crusing along at fast speeds, to that music is bliss.

Sports games is not awkward at all. My co-workers' eyes light up when Madden or NBA2k is mentioned. I find sports games to be some of my favorite games to play.
>>
File: nhl 95.png (183KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
nhl 95.png
183KB, 354x500px
If anyone here is looking for a really fun game, check out NHL 93-95 (doesn't really matter which one you play, I think most say 93 is the best though).

A genuinely fun game even you don't know shit about hockey. Really good 2 player
>>
Do Wrestling games count? Gotta love the Fire Pro series.
>>
>>4164263
Mutant league hockey and football.
>>
>>4171130
I'll second that. Damn fun games even if you don't care about sports or hockey2.
>>
>>4165273
Why aren't you playing turbografx super dodgeball instead?
>>
File: heavy smash arc.png (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
heavy smash arc.png
15KB, 640x480px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QCD8u-3YTw
>>
File: capcomsoccer.png (701KB, 854x600px) Image search: [Google]
capcomsoccer.png
701KB, 854x600px
>>4164263
Capcom Soccer Shootout
>>
File: turfmast.png (10KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
turfmast.png
10KB, 320x224px
Neo Turf Masters is the perfect sports game that everyone can enjoy.

I hate sports in general, and this is one of my favorite games ever.
>>
>>4164263
Punch Out and some of the Tennis games I've played were alright.
Duck Hunt count as a sport?
>>
>>4165273
The whole series is great but I specifically love Dunk Heroes.
>>
Super Shot Soccer
>>
>>4171713
Best series ever.
>>
>>4173042
>Duck Hunt count as a sport?

obviously
>>
>>
My image of sports games was ruined with Daily Thompson's Decathlete on C64. Goddamn waggle games. How many joysticks did they kill??
I did kind of enjoy California Games and International Soccer, bit only a little.
>>
>>4176221
my fav wagglan game is Mach Breakers - Numan Athletics 2 and I usually hate wagglan games
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.