[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm going on a trip to Japan and I probably won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

So I'm going on a trip to Japan and I probably won't be able to hold back when I see some /vr/ shops. Maybe you guys can recommend something? Pic related is Super Potato

But also I'm retarded and I don't know if retro consoles will work when I'll bring them back. I can't connect Famicom to my PAL/NTSC crt right? Are there any console that will work or games I can play on EU consoles?
>>
Super Potato is way overpriced, only chumps shop there.

If your TV can handle an NTSC signal, then there's no reason Japanese consoles shouldn't work with it. You'll still need a converter for the power though, obviously.
>>
Pretty much everything 4th gen onward will work with modern TVs no problem as I understand it, as long as you get a power converter as >>4163708 says. I got a Jap PSone from the Ikebukuro super potato and it worked just fine when I got it home. You might want to look into RGB SCART leads though.

I can recommend the Mandarake and Book-Off stores in Akihabara; I got a few nice PS1 titles in the latter, and a friend of mine got a bunch of cool shit in the former.
>>
What happend to that anon who lived in Japan and occasionally posted images about his finds and stuff? Maybe he can help you out.

Like >>4163708 said, Super Potato is overpriced shit. They have a lot of stuff there, but only worth it if you are rich enough.
>>
>>4163708
Didn't Famicom use some different cables? RF? My TV only has scart and I didn't see crt here yet with something other than scart and composite/s-video

>>4163734
>>4163735
Thanks, gonna check out those other ones too
>>
Hahaha, cool thread.

Reminds me of how I've been studying Japanese for years, lived in Tokyo for a year and am moving back to Japan in 2018.

That aside, just Google some random info about Akihabara. It's an insanely commercialized tourist site full of shops selling overpriced watches, clothes, electronics and generic Japan items to full buses of Chinese tourists. Everyone and their mother was there. Surely you'll be easily able to find recommendations for retro game stores.

(My actual advice for you is to get ready for the above - that Akihabara is not some holy site for niche interests, it's a tourist site first and foremost.)

(Also I guess I can tell you to go check out Nakana Broadway. That's also well-known by now, but perhaps you didn't hear about it.)
>>
>>4163760
>Chinese tourists
Oh fuck, I forgot about that. A few of my friends got stuck behind a chinese lady buying multiple baskets full of toiletries at the tax-free desk in don quijote, for like half an hour.
>>
>>4163760
>Nakana Broadway
Nakano Broadway*
My bad.

>>4163776
Yeah, I can imagine that must be annoying.
>>
>>4163760
>https://retro-video-gaming.com/tag/nakano/
Looks great, indeed I haven't heard about it, thanks!
>>
>>4163760
>Reminds me of how I've been studying Japanese for years, lived in Tokyo for a year and am moving back to Japan in 2018.
Reminds me of how I want you to shut the fuck every time you post this in yet another thread here.
>>
>>4163876
:-)

What can I say? I'm looking forward to being back.
>>
>>4163884
What can I say? Nobody cares about your blog. ;-)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.