[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best USB controller for retro games basically anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1501557246111.gif (55KB, 476x193px) Image search: [Google]
1501557246111.gif
55KB, 476x193px
What is the best USB controller for retro games basically anything before the N64.

I was thinking of buying a USB SNES controller but maybe a USB Saturn controller is best?

Or are there any good game pads out there?
>>
>>4163648
I've got a decent USB SNES pad that feels like a pretty close replica of the real thing, but I never liked the SNES d-pad in the first place and prefer a six-button layout. Saturn USB pads outside of the super-rare SLS controller all seem to have shitty d-pads and shoulder buttons. I think Hyperkin makes a USB version of the Genesis six-button pad, which probably feels good but is lacking shoulder buttons.
>>
File: 1501633497563.jpg (290KB, 1280x906px) Image search: [Google]
1501633497563.jpg
290KB, 1280x906px
How about a decent cheap usb or wireless controller to play retro games? I'm not looking for accuracy just play some gaemz
>>
use the wii u pro
>>
>>4163648
God dam the sonic 3 sprite is ugly af
>>
>>4164189
It was trying to show how superior and extra detail this new game had on the sprite.
>>
File: 019135.jpg (17KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
019135.jpg
17KB, 500x248px
>>4163674
saitek p2600

has enough buttons for every console you can imagine (number pads aside)
>>
>>4164348
>saitek p2600
How is the D-Pad?
>>
>>4164348
>>4164404
that d-pad looks like absolute ass. get a saturn usb pad for retro games. use a playstation cuntroller for 3d games.
>>
>>4164415
where can I get a saturn pad? Does it have shoulder buttons?
>>
Classic controller pro is my favorite. The dpad is good, the buttons have a nice push to them, and they're built of nintendium.
>>
>>4164938
>they're built of nintendium.
Nintendo things are usually inferior quality.
>>
>>4164989
There's a lot of things you can criticize Nintendo for, but the durability of their products is not one of them.
>>
>>4165048
Compared to other big corporations their stuff is shit. Only just better than bootlegs.
>>
>>4165052
ps1 was much more prone to damage than anything nintendo made pre-gamecube
>>
>>4164430
amazon ebay aliexpress. not sure how shitty the knockoff chineses ones hold up
>>
>>4165425
The gamecube is borderline invincible too, as is the Wii.

It's no coincidence I've never had a single problem with my Nintendo consoles and fundamental issues with my Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1 and PS2. Hell, even my MD and Master System have faults.
>>
>>4164404
>saitek p2600
The D-pad on my 2500 is pretty good actually and I'm sure its the same
>>
>>4165471
This desu, my PS1 and Dreamcast stopped working a long time ago, the worst offender being the Dreamcast (two years of light use and goodbye?), while my Super Nintendo and Game Boy are still going strong like it's 1993 again.

No problem with my Mega Drive though.
>>
>>4164415
>Playstation controller
>3D Games

Ew...
>>
File: file.png (233KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
233KB, 1000x600px
>>4163648
>What is the best USB controller for retro games basically anything before the N64
>>
>>4165696
I was about to post this. Been using it on PC and 360, works great. Works on Xbone but who the fuck owns that?
>>
>>4165857
I was gonna post the PS4 one, since it was the first picture, but the Xbox one is also recognized as Xinput so it's even easier to use on PC.
>>
Which decent controllers (good d-pad is essential) will work on old Macs with old OSX?

Pls respond.
>>
>>4164348
lol I got a Saitek with an identical build for my PS1 back in the day. It was a joke pad that I would make my friends play with because it was fucking atrocious.
>>
>>4165884
Not a ton, but there are apps to make it happen. PS3 controller worked on my older Macs with a Preference Pane / Extension installed iirc. The Wii Remote works OK with Darwiin Remote as well. How old of a Mac are we talking? PPC will have fewer options; a lot of Intel stuff will work all the way back to 10.7.
>>
Just buy one of those cheap blue triangle looking playstation usb adapters that are everywhere online. Less than $5, lasts a long time, and has 2 slots so you can multiplayer. Or if you have a specific controller in mind just get a retrousb adapter.
>>
>>4165696
Can back this thing up, works a treat on PC.
>>
>>4163648
The Chinese knock-off Saturn USB pads are utter garbage. They completely fucked up the d-pad, and the usb cable restraint can freely spin around which will eventually break the wiring connections to the pcb. Avoid them.
>>
>>4163648
>best
>what did he mean by this?
>>
>>4166032
Old like 10.6.8 desu

So, not dirt old, but old enough to have less and less compatible stuff every day
>>
>>4163648
Saturn for 2d
DS4 for 3d
Stick for MAME.
>>
>>4163648
Super Famicom controller through a USB adapter.
>>
>>4165696
I see it has "PC" written there, does this mean it can be set to work as a standard USB HID device?
>>
>>4165552
I've owned the Saitek P990, P2500, and P2600. All of them share the same god-awful Dpad. The problem with it is that it's connected to the base by a small flimsy plastic peg, and so when the plastic ages (becomes brittle) and you're trying to play fighting games, the d-pad plate snaps off cleanly.

Too bad, it's one of the few controllers with six face buttons and four shoulder buttons.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.