[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw plebs enjoy what i enjoy >tfw starting to hate the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

File: wojak.png (242KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
242KB, 1024x1024px
>tfw plebs enjoy what i enjoy
>tfw starting to hate the game i previously enjoyed

Anyone else has the same problem?
>>
File: 1501604240267.jpg (823KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1501604240267.jpg
823KB, 2404x1260px
Yes. That's happened to almost everything I've enjoyed except for some /a/ content, mostly because weebs are very unpleasant to new people for that exact reason. Simply liking something is not enough but if that happens enough the culture around the hobby changes. See neo-/v/ or even /co/, christ.
>>
No, because I'm not an edgy contrarian.
>>
No, I unironically only play hidden gems.
>>
>wahh I can't enjoy something if other people also enjoy it
>>
>>4163445
kek, no
>>
>>4163445
fucking contrarian pleb, now I hate 4chan
>>
No, i felt this way when i was younger, i even stopped using 4chan in 2008 because of how popular it was getting, but i realized it just doesnt matter and you should just enjoy what you enjoy
>>
>>4163456
This is Quentin-level autism. I mean, Jesus Christ man, take your own example: if you were playing cards with a bud and four people stood near you and socialized in a different way, why would you stop what you were doing? How do other uninvolved people prevent your own enjoyment?

Unless it wasn't really about playing cards, just about excluding outsiders.
>>
>>4163445
you're the actual definition of a 'hipster', congrats.
>>
>>4163491
It was talking about the alienation of a scene, the main demographic gets pushed out when it becomes "cool"
see: Western Comics
>>
Lets science this shit up yo!

The reason why you dislike stuff you used to like when you see plebs liking it is because your mating strategy objects to it. Lets say you really like Zelda, loved it since you were a kid but every person you see wearing a Zelda t-shirt is a SJW, dyed hair or Nu male cuckcold. This means the Triforce logo then becomes what people recognise as a SJW symbol, since SJWs are the primary place they see it appearing.

Since you're not a SJW and don't want to be considered one you avoid the Triforce. You mentally set it aside as "I am a Metal fan so I do not want to express myself as a SJW" (an example). Since you're a metal fan and you want everyone to know you are you advertise by wearing metal symbols, band shirts, maybe a pierced ear, lots of black and silver metal. That way any time you run into someone who is interested in metal they can immediately say "Hey [guy displaying metal symbols], I also like metal. lets talk". This creates your ingroup, a group where you are among like minded people (hence safe in a traditional human society structure where your brain structure developed). This builds your community and brings in more metal fans like yourself rather than bringing in SJWs like you aren't. But if you wore SJW symbols then you would draw in those people instead.

tl;dr social signaling effects how you act
>>
>>4163456
Imagine being so worked up over pussy that you actually believe chads who smoke weed are the reason N64 nostalgia chat has been going downhill
>>
>>4163517
It has though
>>
>>4163503
That's a bullshit comparison. With something like comics I guess I can see how a massive increase in popularity could lead to commercialization that results in lower quality products in the future, but that can't possibly happen with /vr/. Non-enthusiasts playing NES classic or whatever can't possibly make retro games less fun for you. It can't affect you. There isn't a future crop of retro games that is going to be damaged by new fans with uninformed opinions. They all already exist. If you hate something just because other people like it, that is a "you" problem.
>>
>>4163445
Hey /v/
>>
>>4163516
Right, being involved with a nostalgic and notably (almost) all-male hobby is totally a "mating strategy."
Actual Neuroscience would tell us that it's to do with clinging to childhood, the gratification of games, basic human stuff.

But sure, go on believing that you do what you do because of sex.
>>
>>4163539
Hey man, I do a mating dance with my wife and the Retron 5 every night.
>>
File: vr.png (719KB, 860x699px) Image search: [Google]
vr.png
719KB, 860x699px
>>4163445
>>
>>4163517
The image is 100% correct.

>>4163531
Getting access to those games will be made more difficult as we see a price hike as well as less availability of titles.

You also ignore that communities exist. Almost no one does their hobby in isolation. We're all here sharing our hobby with each other, so if I have 9 guys who are cool and interested in good vidya then that's great. If I have 9 guys who are Sonic and Mario speedrunning autists I have no community to discuss my games with any more. Every conversation becomes about frame perfect bullshit rather than "hey I found this neat game we should try.

It sounds to me like you're the type of person who destroys communities and replaces them with worse ones then try to blame the original community builders for being unhappy with it.

>>4163539
Everything is because of reproduction. Literally everything revolves around reproduction and social status is one of the key female attractions.
>>
>>4163547
>Getting access to those games will be made more difficult as we see a price hike as well as less availability of titles.
Buyfags like you make me fucking sick.
>>
>>4163456
"You're just pretending to like this thing that I like!"
Wow. That is a seriously unhealthy mentality.
>>
>>4163547
>Everything is because of reproduction. Literally everything revolves around reproduction
Oh, right, I forgot masturbation doesn't exist. Did your reproductive needs enlighten you to that level of behavioral understanding? Does your theory work on child psychology too?
>>
>>4163562
>Rubbing your genitals feels good
>I do this for fun
>This creates life

Yea, nothing to do with reproduction.
>>
>>4163445
No, not really. I don't give a shit what other people enjoy. What does bother me are situations akin to >>4163456. Not necessarily that exact scenario, but the general occurrence of people's entrance into a hobby detracting from the overall quality. See: overcrowded communities filled with people who don't lurk moar and/or who actively force their own vision of the community onto existing members instead of taking it for what it is, or driving up prices related to the hobby in situations where applicable.
>>
>>4163565
>This creates life
Except the exact opposite
>>
>>4163562
>Does your theory work on child psychology too?
I like where this is going
>>
>>4163580
Guess you've never mutually masturbated with someone then huh?
>>
>>4163445
I don't think that's ever happened with a video game for me.

I really liked Rick and Morty in the beginning, then I saw the kind of shitheads who liked it, now I hate it.
>>
>>4163589
>Having sex with another person is about sex
Fuck, you've sure shown me! Now I know that eating food, having hobbies, watching TV, etc are also all forms of sex.

>>4163593
What do you hate about it? I can imagine some scenarios where what you are describing isn't a sign of mental illness, but it's hard to see that when it comes to a harmless cartoon. Like for example, I think it would be reasonable to say "I don't think the word c*ck is funny anymore because /pol/tards overused it so much." A joke definitely becomes less funny if someone harps on it in an unamusing way. But if your problem with something is just "I don't like the fanbase," I would suspect that you don't have any real criticism and in fact have a problem with yourself.
>>
Can you guys stay on /v/ for fuckssake.

This board is way better than that.
>>
>>4163597
>Eating
Need energy to reproduce
>Hobbies
"Look at the skills I have, don't you want your kids to have these skills too?"
>Watching TV
TV is the modern form of gossip and getting town news. Something you need to do to survive and understand the social situation.

>/pol/tards
Oh great, a creationist who doesn't believe in evolution.
>>
>>4163618
>Need energy to reproduce
Why do some people overeat? To the point of causing major health problems and even impotency? Why do some people have eating disorders that cause them to starve themselves? Why does appetite change with mood, such as loss of appetite due to depression?
>"Look at the skills I have, don't you want your kids to have these skills too?"
Who doesn't want their kids to grow up to obsessively play video games from the 80s, right! That one is a great explanation, makes so much sense.
>TV is the modern form of gossip and getting town news. Something you need to do to survive and understand the social situation.
Why do some people watch TV to the point of excluding social interaction?

I'm sure we'd all love to hear more of your theories, especially as they relate to retro video games. As a creationist this evolutionary psychology lesson is really eye-opening!
>>
>>4163627
>Why do formerly good traits become bad traits when the environment changes

Gee whiz, I wonder why the male drive to achieve something becomes self destructive when it's channeled into finishing Mario 64 as fast as possible to "achieved" the world record.
>>
>>4163445
no.
a bad fanbase can make me start not enjoying myself, but if that happens, i'll just not have anything to do with it and keep playing.
>>
>>4163456
when has this happened? It seems plausible but I cant think of any real life examples. its not like chads started playing yugioh and beyblades when I was a kid
>>
>>4163545
Right is fake retro, stale, and bad.
>>
>>4163597
OP asked if anyone else experienced what he experienced. I responded with "yes".
>>
>>4163545
>>4163957
This man speaks the truth.
>>
>>4163962
Yeah, I'm just wondering what about it you came to hate.
>>
Luckily I don't

My problem is reading reviews that say that a game I'm starting to like is trash

I mean I couldn't give two fucks about reviews saying Romancing SaGa is shit, but picking up I dunno Phoenix Wright and reading reviews on how the localization butchered the script kinda makes me lose steam
>>
>>4163445
No. You're letting others affect your enjoyment of something too much. Stop being impressionable and just enjoy what you enjoy.
>>
>Like thing
>See the flaws, like it despite that
>Fanbase comes in
>Raves about it, despite the flaws
>Everytime I bring up the flaws, they call me an asshole and liked thing is perfect
>suddenly I'm the bad guy for stating facts and not dickriding thing

Fanbases ruin anything. Demons/Dark Souls was a good game, that got ruined because of the fanbase and I can no longer enjoy it.
>>
>>4163941
/v9k/ has to relate literally everything back to their sexual insecurities
>>
Yes. If I'm playing something and think I enjoy it and I see someone who I don't want to be similar with liking it I instantly start hating it. I really wish this didn't happen.
>>
>>4163445
No. That's stupid. Hell, it's downright self-destructive. If other people liking the thing you like ruins it for you, maybe you aren't liking things for the right reasons in the first place.
>>
>>4163445
>>4163456
You two are the cancer of this community. You obviously don't care about the games. Stop being a hipster faggot
>>
>>4163554
Not him but
>Wanting to own physical copies is bad: The post
I'm not into emulation, I prefer my set-up. I have my CRT, I have my console, I've got my games. I don't have to worry about my games not working as of yet, so it's just plug and play. No fooling around with settings for the most part either.
>>
>>4164146
that's why you stay away from places where the rabid "thing is perfect, fuck you for pointing out flaws" faggots reside.
>>
>>4163445
I did at one point. I find having common ground with others is a good thing now, even if I sometimes have that I-was-here-first syndrome.
>>
>>4163445
I was such a little hipster faggot when I was a kid

>do all my chores and shit for a few months straight. Parents say they'll buy me a new game for my game boy
>Pokemon red and blue released within the last week. I had seen an ad for it on TV but no one knew what the fuck it was
>I bought blue cuz I liked the color and because I remember reading an article about Pocket Monsters in Nintendo power a year or so prior and thought the game seemed cool
>beat it right around the time the anime got a decent timeslot and all the normie kids were finally getting into Pokemon
>have literally never played a Pokemon game since. I was into and over Pokemon before anyone else in North America even knew what it was
>>
>>4163547
Sorry bro, you're mostly right but vidya and masturbation are THE two exceptions to the rule. Maybe I deluded myself into thinking being able to beat suoer metroid in under 3 hours would impress the cutest girl in class when I was 9, but before I got married I pretty much did everything I could to hide the fact that I collect, enjoy, and get into heated discussions about children's toys
>>
>>4163941
>>4164149
actually to think back to my own personal life it happened to metal music, metal used to be autistic shit nobody listened to then it became more mainstream and infested with SJWs and became a fucking reddit tier hugbox community where you cant talk shit about any bands because "its all metal dude" muh metal community. Seriously fuck metal so glad I gave up that shit, still like some of the music but fuck the fans.
>>
>>4164546
kinda funny to think that being politically incorrect is frowned upon in a genre that deals with all sorts of gruesome topics
>>
>>4164584
yep, black metal fans are some of the most sensitive fucking pussies out there for a genre that started with church burnings and homo stabbings
>>
I actually became happier when I accepted that I was a contrarian. It's fun.
>>
>>4164617
I like being a contrarian in regards to somethings and not others. I had been listening to marty robbins for years and it kind of pissed me off when they put big iron in new vegas cause all the plebs come out claiming to be fans that didnt know till they played that game, now im not such a massive faggot and am just happier more people listen to marty. unless they're communist faggots
>>
>>4164491
I remember my friends getting hyped for Pokemon and watching the promo VHS with some live action woman who they declared to be Ash's aunt before it came out in the US. I remember not feeling to excited for it at first, but by the time they debuted the anime in the US (it was on UPN in my area before it moved to Kids WB) I was all onboard.

/blog
>>
>>4163445
No. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that you enjoy playing with the toys I did when I was your age. It does bother me that you shit up this board with your frog/feel shit. You have a board for that faggot.
>>
>>4164642
To be fair I don't stop enjoying things I previously enjoyed when they become popular, I mostly just stop talking about them.
>>
>>4163445
No because puberty ended for me a long time ago
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.