[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is the super acan, a taiwanese 16-bit system that came out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Super-ACan-Console-set-h.jpg (8KB, 300x144px) Image search: [Google]
Super-ACan-Console-set-h.jpg
8KB, 300x144px
this is the super acan, a taiwanese 16-bit system that came out in the 90s. has anyone actually played one of these/own one? its piqued my interest beyond belief. I'm moving to taiwan in september and gonna see if I can pick one up for cheap.
>>
>>4162512
intredasting
>>
>>4162512
is it not just a super famiclone?
>>
>>4162512
>I'm moving to taiwan in september and gonna see if I can pick one up for cheap.
They're actually very rare and very expensive as collector's items.
>>4162585
It's actually its own proper thing with a 68000 processor and some fancy video effects. Sound capabilities is roughly equivalent to a card-based TG16 game. Games looked like 2D Jaguar ones in terms of colors and such. Launched very late (1995) and cost an obscene amount of money though I never found an exact price.
>>
>>4162624
damn. how expensive? I'm willing to shell out a bit for one. how much are the games?
>>
>>4162638
I think you try to find an equally esoteric system but with more games. I just looked at a youtube video of 10 games and they all look like trash
>>
>>4162643
honestly the only game i want to play is sango fighter, because i played the dos version a lot as a kid and this one looks better. but yeah i saw that video, they all look pretty shitty = (
>>
>>4162651
I heard that the A'Can port was really rushed and buggy compared to the DOS version.
>>
>>4162512
>Super Acan
In kansai, akan means stupid/no good.
Ha ha ha this tickles my fancy. Off to google and good luck anon!
I really hope you can get one and if you do, share the love somehow
>>
I saw this in a magazine but it kind of confused me and I assumed it got canceled kinda like Cheetahmen 2
>>
>>4162512
I've played on one. Never owned one because they're useless for anyone except shelf collectors. The library is literally 12 shitty games, the best of which are just bad knock offs of real games. If you need le ebik rochinkshit hipster cred consider a PGM. Equally "obscure", if not more so, and actually has games.
>>
>>4164514
>hipster cred consider a PGM. Equally "obscure", if not more so

PGM? Are you talking about the Poly Game Master boards? I didn't think that shit was obscure, but I play STGs for score, so what the fuck would I know?

>>4162678
>In kansai, akan means stupid/no good.
This is wonderful. I hope they didn't try to market in Japan - it would be comparable to trying to sell a Chevy Nova in South America.
>>
>>4164929
>Poly Game Master
Yes, but games aren't boards. It's a cart based system very similar to the MVS. So I guess obscure enough you didn't know that. kek.
>>
I had one. Dad threw it away.
>>
>>4165028
we bought it at a flea market
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.