[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't the ps1 have any affordable way to load games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: PS1-PSIo-Small.jpg (36KB, 503x367px) Image search: [Google]
PS1-PSIo-Small.jpg
36KB, 503x367px
Why doesn't the ps1 have any affordable way to load games off a sd card, hdd,or usb?
Ps1 laser drives are failing left and right.
Is there no push because ps3 or ps2 do ps1 better?
>>
Emulation probably.
>>
>>4160690

Because while this may shock you Sony wasn't in the business of making their system play anything outside their games
>>
>>4160690
I thought I once saw a SD card mod that was kind of affordable, but that was before the current gen released and ps3's were expensive still. I thought modded ps2's could play ps1 games anyways and at that point why bother with a ps1 unless you're getting it for autistic collector reasons.
>>
Purely because of emulation on the ps2 and ps3. Both have better longer lasting lasers.

Ps2 also has all the mods you need if you really want to go the non disc path.
>>
>>4160932
Not that guy, but there are a handful of PS1 games that are incompatible with the PS2. Does running them off the HDD change that somehow?
>>
>>4160943
Don't think so. Ps3 emulation is a little better and can handle Legend of Dragoon well.

Just keep in mind, the emulation problem list is incredibly small. 99% of the time anything you play will be fine.
>>
PSIO was supposed to be a plug and play SD loader for the serial port but it ended up requiring soldering. I don't know if it ever came out or not.

It shouldn't be too many more years until there are ODEs for everything but as such things become more and more mainstream, retro games become more and more popular, ports and remakes become more and more available to buy it may become a bit harder to get game images to load
>>
>>4161063

ODE?
>>
File: rhea-closeup-300x225[1].jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
rhea-closeup-300x225[1].jpg
24KB, 300x225px
>>4161069
Optical Drive Emulators, devices that just completely replace the laser assembly and fool the console into thinking the data on the SD is actually a disc. They're beginning to be a real "thing"
>>
>>4161063
As for ODEs I own 5
3DO USB
Rhea
USB GDROM
PSIO
GDEMU
HDLoader

The Rhea is the hardest to get games working on because of the scarcity of the rips and usually older games are harder to rip somehow?
Never had a problem with PS2, Gamecube or Dreamcast.
>>
Strange how the Chinese are copying Krikkz' flashcards left and right but nobody is copying those PSX/Saturn/DC SD devices.

Same with pressed silver CDs, all this Earthbound reproing going on but I can't find a pressed version of Rondo of Blood.
>>
>>4161148
>The Rhea is the hardest to get games working on because of the scarcity of the rips and usually older games are harder to rip somehow?

This is 100% bullshit.

All trurip ccd dumps work fine on it, and you can torrent those easy.
>>
>>4161159
>you can torrent those easy.

Maybe years ago, they're rarely seeded now. I don't think anyone is seeding the DC trurips
>>
>>4160690
>Emulation probably.
>>4160692
Join the master race and stop feeding the shills.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.