[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>randomizer comes out for old game >suddenly all the speedrunners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Robin Williams One Hour Photo.png (749KB, 952x519px) Image search: [Google]
Robin Williams One Hour Photo.png
749KB, 952x519px
>randomizer comes out for old game
>suddenly all the speedrunners quit running the game and just do rando shit for months
>>
File: 1501486220833.png (230KB, 335x349px) Image search: [Google]
1501486220833.png
230KB, 335x349px
>>4159582
>>
File: anger (1).png (158KB, 540x566px) Image search: [Google]
anger (1).png
158KB, 540x566px
but yeah, i feel your pain, OP. speedrunners are...weirdos. most of them don't really care what their audience things. the pull of the POSSIBILITY of a wr is enough to bring in a substantial audience.

yesterday, some guy got a pb or wr and all these chatters (lurkers?) came out of the woodwork to cram his cock down his throat. it was really weird. it was this flood of notice me senpai at any cost.
>>
>>4159582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ
>>
>>4159561
Picture of all the people who give a fuck
>>
>>4159561
Of course, because something fun and fresh came along.
>>
File: Scratch Smoking.jpg (165KB, 1438x957px) Image search: [Google]
Scratch Smoking.jpg
165KB, 1438x957px
>new sonic game coming out
>"It won't suck because of X, it will be like X because of X"
>It comes and out sucks
>this cycle repeats
Thank god for Steven Universe and MLP taking most of our autism
>>
>>4161023
Sonic Mania man

It can't be bad it just can't
>>
>>4159561
>all the speedrunners
>all
Nah. It's just the people who don't actually give a fuck about speedrunning show their true colors.

Randomizers are purging all the casuals from the scene. It's a good thing.
>>
>>4160107
but that guy's dead
>>
>>4159561
Randomizers can be fun to watch and even fun to run through if you're familiar enough with the original games. And even then, it's not like they never come back to the original games anyway.
>>
File: hobbylife.jpg (823KB, 2404x1260px) Image search: [Google]
hobbylife.jpg
823KB, 2404x1260px
>>4159615
That goldeneye runner summed up speedrunning pretty well. It's for losers who can't achieve anything so they speedrun for their cummies instead. They feel like they achieved something by cutting their PB down and their brain gives them "the good feels". It's a really weird distortion of male need to achieve expressed in an unhealthy way.

I've also noticed now that Twitch is going more mainstream that a lot of girls are doing it for easy attention. If you ever go to the horror community it is full of chicks trying to be super unique. Twitch is basically finished for the people who built it up now.
>>
>>4161248
i forgot about goldeneye guy. you're right. and he got a pb during that video, didn't he?
>>
>>4161254
He still streams today playing fucking goldeneye. It's amazing
>>
>>4161262
Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. Take that shit to /v/.
>>
>>4159561
What is a randomizer?
I mean, what does it randomize?
Any examples?
>>
>>4163176
It's basically a program where you can put in a rom and randomizes some elements of it so it changes up the way it's played. For example, in Mario games the level order is changed while in something like Zelda the treasure chests contain different items from where they usually are.
I'd advise you to look up some stuff on youtube or twitch and see if it's anything for you.
>>
>>4161094
exactly
>>
>>4163202
Oh, I get it now.
I tried it at some point with pokemon, randomizing starter/pokemons in the zones.
Good way to wring more fun out of the game you know like a back of your hand.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.