[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way of using VGA through the Dreamcast?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: vga_new.jpg (24KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
vga_new.jpg
24KB, 500x400px
What's the best way of using VGA through the Dreamcast?

There's a load of cheap vga cables of ebay which I assume aren't very good, unless someone who knows better can say otherwise.

There are some more expensive cables, but I'm not sure where a good place to buy these are, want somewhere where I know they will be better than the cheap version.

Then there are the boxes, mostly third party because the official ones are just a stupid price now. I know the advantage of these is you can switch between inputs, but I think I'm right in saying they won't look or perform any better.
>>
>>4156676
>There's a load of cheap vga cables of ebay which I assume aren't very good
they are good. Unless you want more connections in handfull you should just get a one of those cheap ones
>>
Behar Bros Toro

/thread
>>
>>4156873
/thread
>>
There are VGA cables and VGA boxes. The cables output everything in VGA mode so games that don't support it won't work, while the boxes will typically have a switch that will allow you run games in non-VGA mode, usually via composite.

The Beharbros boxes are afaik the only ones that can boot in non-VGA mode but still output RGB through VGA.
>>
>>4156676
There's literally no point to using VGA on a Dreamcast. The majority of pro monitors you find can't display at 480p and a consumer set at that resolution will look just as good as a PVM using 240p RGB. Unless you have a Trinitron computer monitor, but even then it's just a handful of games that use it.
Basically, get a fucking RGB SCART cable.
>>
Also to note there's only like 6 games that don't work with VGA

KOF99 and Plasma Blade spring to mind. Shame I really like those ones too
>>
>>4157497
>>
>>4156676
All the standard boxes do it let you switch.

>>4157497
It's like you're actually trying to be 100% wrong about everything.
>>
I just settled for s-video back in the day. The DC already has a really clean signal through composite, too.
>>
>>4156676
https://www.beharbros.com/akura

:)
>>
>>4157497
Get a vga to hdmi box
>>
>>4157884
Dreamcast s-video cables are all garbage that will give you a checkerboard pattern.

>>4158036
>$85
Lol just buy the $7 retrobit cable, if you are going to be downloading .cdi rips then the non-vga games will already be patched to support it.
>>
>>4157507
There's also Bangai-O that doesn't work and I believe Gunbird 2 is another one. Also the FMVs don't display in Dino Crisis.
>>
>>4158124
>le ebik checkerboard pattern maymay
>>
>No VGA boxes are going for less than $40; some as high as 100 and they aren't even the Akura
What the fuck? I would swear you could still find them for around 20-30 as recently as a few years ago. My ancient Blaze box is beat to shit and dying. Guess I'll try one of the cables.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.