[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I gotta go pick up a piano in the attic Wow what a great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: edward carnby alone in the dark.jpg (135KB, 913x685px) Image search: [Google]
edward carnby alone in the dark.jpg
135KB, 913x685px
>I gotta go pick up a piano in the attic

Wow what a great reason to go into a creepy house.
>>
/vr/ will try and explain that it's super retro to have nonsensical storytelling
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88mz58SFm4Y
>>
>>4155884
If you're gonna link two unfunny faggots, I'll link somebody actually funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Kg1OuXskI
>>
>>4155890

I went through the Retsupurae's of the Alone in the Dark Games. The games are a little too old to really play but they're pretty interesting. I can see how Shinji Mikami got a lot of ideas for Resident Evil from them.
>>
>>4155856
it's plausible to go to a creepy house to pick up a piano at least

at least it wasn't teenagers looking for trouble
>>
>>4155894
Like chosing between two different characters that have slightly varying gameplay. I felt like they must have gotten that from alone in the dark.

Also, isn't there something about a private detective going there to solve some sort of mystery? It's been a long time since I've read the story cards but I don't remember the story being that simple.
>>
>>4156439
Yeah, in AITD1 Carnby is a private detective who was specifically paid by some random antique dealer to retrieve the piano in Derceto's attic. Whereas the other playable character, Emily Hartwood, goes to the mansion to personally investigate her uncle Jeremy's sudden and unexpected suicide, and begins her search with the secret compartment in the upstairs piano that he revealed to her as a child.

The latter scenario just comes across as being more appropriate to the narrative, as your character has a more personal motivation to solve the apparent mystery of the mansion and gradually uncover its sordid history (instead of playing as just some random asshole with bills to pay).

If they ever gave this game a proper remake, you could change the story to just have Emily hire Carnby to help her investigate her uncle's apparent suicide, with both characters subsequently getting trapped in the mansion as the game starts (sort of like in AITD4)
>>
How the fuck do you get an entire piano out of an attic all by yourself, anyway?
>>
>>4155856
>Wow what a great reason to go into a creepy house.
Because creepy houses are notorious to be full of monsters and elder God, right?
>>
>>4156509
piece by piece
>>
>>4155856
>being a pussy
what, do you believe in ghosts?
>>
>>4155856

It makes sense from his perspective.

"Man, this house looks creepy, but what am I, a little kid? There's nothing like ghosts and monsters and such, I'll just quickly go down there and pick it up."

Would you stay out of a house you want to get sth. out of just because it looks creepy?
>>
>>4155894
>I can see how Shinji Mikami got a lot of ideas for Resident Evil from them.
He got almost everything. Resident Evil is a clone.
>>
>>4156669
Resident Evil is a little more than a mere clone. It improves a lot on the formula, on what's good, came up with new survival gameplay mechanics like the limited inventory for instance, which AITD didn' t have, got rid of what DIDN'T work, and also added the whole "game is a movie" thing.

Also the way RE1 handles story, characters, multiple endings etc was quite novel and influencial. Many copied how RE1 did it exactly.
>>
>>4156504
>If they ever gave this game a proper remake, you could change the story to just have Emily hire Carnby to help her investigate her uncle's apparent suicide, with both characters subsequently getting trapped in the mansion as the game starts (sort of like in AITD4)

Surprised they didn't to that in the first place, but I assume they didn't know how to do intersecting character plots (literally just do it like RE1 and make one character disappear)
>>
How do I fix the slowdown/lag on DOSBox?
>>
>>4158652

ctrl+f12
>>
shit man he just wants that fucking piano
>>
File: Uncle_Grandfather.jpg (24KB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
Uncle_Grandfather.jpg
24KB, 280x210px
>>4155856
>alone in the dark
>entire game is brightly lit
>>
>>4156669
>He got almost everything. Resident Evil is a clone.

The project initially started as a spiritual successor of Fujiwara's Sweet Home. There's a lot of Sweet Home elements in the final game. RE1-2 really focus on the idea that each character has these unique skillsets which allow them to navigate the mansion differently. Later RE games really drop this idea, sadly. The project went through a lot of different ideas, then Mikami found Alone in the Dark. Then that allowed him to visualize the direction the game should go in.
>>
>>4159019
Ok but if I could get a piano out of an old house my big worry would be stepping on a nail or something, not supernatural monsters.
>>
>>4156504
Why did they change Derceto's name to DeCerto in AitD4 though?
>>
>>4155856
>unironically letting horror clichés dictate your everyday life
>>
>>4159343
That's because you know nothing about old homes.
>>
>>4155856
So what why you gotta be a prick about it maybe he really love that piano. Shut up!! Let people enjoy thins. What you would feel if you love a piano and some fuck comes and tells a bunch of shit about it.

fuck /vr/
>>
>>4160713
Bro... it's okay. It's okay to Feel!
I too have found my true love.
>>
>>4155856
Except that was "I gotta pick up the secret documents hidden in the piano because I'm paid to do so".
>>
>>4156808
>limited inventory for instance, which AITD didn' t have
actually aitd do have a limit on what you can carry
>>
>>4159695
>not realizing that you're living in a horror movie RIGHT NOW
>>
>>4160805
>but if we're in here... THEN WHERE'S OUR SKELETONS AT?!?
>>
>>4160813
skeleton heaven
>>
>>4156504
I see. Yeah I also picked the girl when I played it because her story seemed more likely and I felt more invested in hers than Carnby's.
>>
>>4155856

>pick up a piano by himself

Either this guy has the strength of 4-5 men, or he has severely underestimated the size of a piano.
>>
File: IMG_6129.png (38KB, 864x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6129.png
38KB, 864x672px
>>4160713
Makes more sense than trying to save your gf desu

A piano will never betray you
>>
>>4155856
it doesn't matter how "horror movie savvy" you become, it's not like you actually avoid spooky places IRL. especially not if it means neglecting your duties at a job.

plus, it's only within the context of the work that the place actually becomes spooky. and in that context, any place can become spooky. are you going to go to bed without brushing your teeth tonight, just in the eventuality that your bathroom is the spooky place and an audience you can't see is screaming "don't go there, don't go there"?
>>
>>4160730
I would bet $100 that someone on DeviantArt already has an intense fetish for that piano.
>>
>>4161517
I mean... it has teeth.
And humans have teeth too!
She's perfect for me!
>>
>>4161369
>are you going to go to bed without brushing your teeth tonight
if current trends persist
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.