[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the ps1 versions good? I want to play them since I remember

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: 432.jpg (27KB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
432.jpg
27KB, 316x320px
Are the ps1 versions good? I want to play them since I remember loving it as a kid but I know some ps1 ports are clunky as hell.
>>
>>4155740
My favs are 1 and 2, but yeah they are clunky though, as is the case with a lot of early 3D games. It just goes with the territory. Still a good time, would recommend. Especially the PC version.
>>
>>4155740
its a puzzle game..
the diference is that you shot tigers
>>
>>4155749
yeah thats what i liked

shooting bats and seeing that pixelated blood
>>
>>4155756
what i liked was the Tomb Raider at that time was super hot... (i dindt know that her name was Lara Croft, or after the movies, i called her angelina jolie)
i usually faped to a video-game magazine with a poster of her (pic related)
>>
File: 3-ingame-wolf.jpg (530KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3-ingame-wolf.jpg
530KB, 1920x1080px
>>4155740
PC version is better, you can use glide wrapper for high resolution without upscaling. But you need to use guide for copying music from ps version, it's not included by default for some reason.
>>
>>4156661
theres no reason to use the dosbox+glide method anymore since you can run it from within windows now with glrage.
https://github.com/ata4/glrage
>>
File: do it faggot.png (489KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
do it faggot.png
489KB, 640x480px
>>4156661
>>4156679
the GOG version is an already set up dosbox with working music
>>
Saturn is the best
>>
File: Dumb Raider.gif (974KB, 415x235px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Raider.gif
974KB, 415x235px
>>4155740
Oh well, Tomb Raider I. I played the PS1 demo on some demo disc. And boy was that game horrible. I couldn't do much, because the fucking controls were god awful. I have no problems with the notorious "tank controls" of Resident Evil. But the controls of Tomb Raider were a huge turnoff. So I ignored the whole series until just recently when I bought "Tomb Raider: Anniversary" for the Vita (which is just the emulated PSP Port).
>>
>>4156797
Maybe they update it at some point, but I used this.
https://www.gog.com/forum/tomb_raider_series/tr1_how_to_ingame_music_like_playstation_version_unfinished_business/page1
>>
>>4156869
The controls start to make sense once you realized you're moving on a grid and the game is basically 3D Prince of Persia.
>>
>>4156997
This. The control scheme works well for the game once you understand it a little better and that it's really just a big puzzle game. It's a shame you never got over the learning curve, they were some great games and Anniversary shoehorns in a bunch of quick time events and crap.
>>
>>4155740
I've only played the second game for the first time, yesterday. It begs to be analog, not a fucking tank. Took me hours to pass through the training part.
>>
>>4157031
Keep playing and it may click. It doesn't control like SM64 for a reason. Might not be your cup of tea though and that's fine.
>>
I swear I've seen more posts in this thread.
>>
>>4157010
Anniversary predated the scripted parkour from Assassins Creed and the flurry rush from Breath of the Wild. Its only flaw was relying too much on QTEs like you've said.
>>
>>4157057
It wasn't bad, but I didn't like it as much as the original.
>>
Legend trilogy is underrated.
>>
>>4156679
>not using the Ati 32bit.exe
>>
>>4157050
yeah, looks like admin doesnt like mod didnt like it :( disappointing :(( So little freedom even here.

To post on topic, the ps1 version is still very clunky and plays more like a puzzle game than an adventure or action game.
>>
>>4157070
Seconded. Also Underworld is goat even if short.
>>
Thoughts on OpenLara? I found out about this today and was shocked that my chromebook could run it at 60 fps.

http://xproger.info/projects/OpenLara/
>>
>>4157475
>OpenLara

Ooh lala
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.