[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We speculate an additional Zelda game of the N64 era. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: OcarinaofTime_AdultLink.jpg (114KB, 750x861px) Image search: [Google]
OcarinaofTime_AdultLink.jpg
114KB, 750x861px
ITT: We speculate an additional Zelda game of the N64 era. What if it was a trilogy? So to speak. The game would star the Hero of Time. What would you have liked to have seen?
>>
>>4155483
Well, if I were to think for a moment, and to help the convo. -- OoT was very linear

Majora's Mask entailed running a lot of errands, and there was a lot you could do before even bothering to complete the first temple

With those two gameplay aspects in mind, where would a third 3D zelda game fall into this?

Is it going to be an open economy game, and you have to fish as link and sell the fish? I'm kidding
>>
>>4155487
OoT wasn't linear.
>>
>>4155495
You essentially have to play the temples in a particular order with little to do in between besides look for heart pieces
>>
Wasnt someone developing links awkaening 64 a while back?
>>
>>4155501
Only the child dungeons. The adult temples give you as much freedom as ALttP or Zelda 1.
>>
>>4155495
I seriously fucking hate people who post like "no that's not true." without adding any explanation as to why they think that. Brainless people like you who just blart out random statements without adding any arguments/explanation should be shot in the fucking face. I open this board and see a thread that's interesting and literally the second reply is one of these cancerous "no not true" childish fucking bullshit shitposts. I sincerely, non edgy, hope you get severe brain cancer and die alone
>>
>>4155502
From what I've seen and heard, it has spiraled off into not really being "Link's Awakening 64", more just a fanfic-y Zelda hack using LA elements. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>4155519
Not really, and in all three games in question now it's heavily implied you approach the game in a certain order

I can't believe the thread has regressed to bullshit already when this was supposed to be a happy thread about a third 3d zelda title on N64

Why be such a toxic person? Do you realize you are so lame it actually carries over into a text-based environment and then comes out of my computer?
>>
Perhaps a grown up Link returning to Hyrule after the events of MM? Or maybe a story where he finally finds Navi again...Idk
>>
Started this thread in order to brainstorm ideas. Please gents, lets stay on topic. I'm interested in what you guys can think of.
>>
If you're so inept you think OoT is linear, then you're too inept to hold a discussion on it too. That's why I don't feel the need to expound on it for you.
>In b4 you keep up the topic until someone posts that giant infograph again because you're too much of an idiot to learn how to play a game without a guide.
>>
>>4155545
Now that you mention it -- maybe Link fixes everything in Termina... the Giants no longer have a purpose so they become a frustrated wondering spirit and maybe there are more temples to go into as a result

and then maybe Link has a streamlined arsenal of masks to work with, or Link simply gets masks out of chests
>>
The only OOT temple you can do out of order is the Shadow Temple IIRC. There are enough side quests to make the game distinctly non-linear though.
>>
>>4155587
Big Goron's Sword, collect heart pieces, and collect poes -- do you want to count fishing?

I don't know, in contrast Majora's Mask has you going on goose chases or looking for something or exploring more unique environments
>>
>>4155483
I'm glad some autist was able to immediately derail the thread

You deserve none of the benefits of being a social person lol
>>
>>4155634
I tried. Maybe a thread for another time.
>>
File: sonic_vs_link_by_wakeangel2001.jpg (105KB, 800x1011px) Image search: [Google]
sonic_vs_link_by_wakeangel2001.jpg
105KB, 800x1011px
It would make a great game if link and sonic were together, like a co-op game.
>>
>>4155483
OoT was about time travel and playing as both kid and adult link. MM was about a time loop, wearing different masks with different functions, and playing exclusively as kid Link.

I think a third N64 Zelda would involve adult Link, another time gimmick, and an additional gameplay gimmick if that time gimmick is not interactive enough. The question is what that time gimmick might have been.
>>
>>4156061
Time Gimmick Idea: time is broken. Link has to travel back and forth between the past, present, and future to doggie out what goes where and set everything right. Different configurations create different results. Even if Object A is supposed to be in the Past Link might need to put it in the Present or Future in order to retrieve Object B. It's a cross-temporal puzzle game.
>>
>>4156073
* figure out
>>
>>4155483
Considering MM was created by the desire to quickly cash in on Zelda being popular by reusing assets and given less than 2 years to make what we would see wouldn't be super impressive. At best it's a "dumbed down" version of windwaker with OoT assets. Or maybe they'd steal Capcoms Oracle of Ages/Seasons ideas. But in April 2000 the GC was a year and a half away. WW was in already being made before MM was released and what you would get for the N64 is a Zelda game farmed out to the C-Team.

I'd love to have seen a game with better combat and 3 good dungeons with a stronger sidequest focus than MM. Slim down the items to the more popular ones (hook shot, boomerang, ocarina, mirror shield, 3-4 masks) and focus on them as tools for fights and puzzles. Give 2 items to start, add 2 per dungeon, get rid of big keys by having the item combo get you to the door.
>>
I think there was supposed to be a third game, in addition to Ura Zelda, which was the expansion for the first game. The "Hero of Time trilogy" has been mentioned before.

Majora's Mask was codenamed Zelda Gaiden, the side story. A side-quest happens between larger events.

I don't know what, if anything, Nintendo was planning, but I speculate it would take place in Hyrule after OoT and MM, and that it would include the Happy Mask Salesman and time travel.

If only the Nintendo 64 had lasted a few more years. I always wanted a Mario 64 sequel too.
>>
>>4157637
>>4155483
>what is the gamecube
>>
>>4156073

Yeah but Oracle of Seasons/Ages were only 7/10 games.
>>
We know that the Hero makes it back because Renado says countless tales are told of his deeds. We know he's popular enough to be cosplayed. We know that King Zora made him a Zora Tunic and that the Zoras and Gorons pass down stories of him. We know he doesn't catch the Hylian Loach. We know he procreated. We know that Ganondorf based on his hair length in OoT/TP and non-specific quote by Aonuma, is "executed" around 7 years after his capture, and never met Link. That's all we know. Everything else is speculative and non-canon.
>>
>>4157802
p. much the rating for all portable Zeldas
>>
>>4155536
Oh, damn. I was looking forward to playing a fully 3d Link's Awakening. Maybe pressure from Nintendo caused the change.
>>
>>4155483
I like that Majora's Mask greatly expanded on what was just a small element of OoT. I think/hope a third game would have done the same. The only thing I can think of (climates) has already been done through Oracle of Seasons, though.

Maybe the plot would revolve around a spirit/living world gimmick? Ikana and the masks does give the game a slight spirit/dead theme. You also encounter them in OoT, so it'll be interesting to actually develop that into a plot.
>>
>>4155587
You can do water before fire. The hammer isn't used in water and probably isn't in shadow
>>
>>4155483
>We speculate an additional Zelda game of the N64 era
I would personally like to think that a hypothetical "third N64 Zelda" would be more of a spiritual successor to the games in terms of gameplay more than an actual sequel. What I mean with that is something of a new IP (story, characters, world etc.) that utilizes some gameplay elements from both Zeldas, while offering it's own new twists in the process. So basically what Dinosaur Planet/SFA could've been.
>>
>>4155483
Blocky wind waker with much less ocean
>>
>>4155525
Please explain
>>
I see Nintendo doing something weirder than the other two - like having a JRPG combat system ala Quest 64 or party members that follow you around (that would replace the mask system from Mojo's Mask)
>>
>OoT was both child and adult
>MM was about child only
>Third would be about adult only

He'd be an adult but in the correct timeline having to deal with a new evil who shows up since Ganondorf was quickly taken care of to be any threat. Maybe finally find Navi at the end. Hyrule changed considerably having nothing preventing the Hylians from doing so. The Master Sword won't make it's return to aid Link. It's duty was fulfilled so Link must use his skill alone like in MM.
>>
>>4155483
>Bitches don't know WW was gonna be on N64
>>
any zelda fans want to join my discord?
>>
>>4155525
Take a chill pill buddy
>>
>>4162076
yeah like the N64 could of handled all that water
>>
>only one mention of Ura Zelda in this thread

I'm surprised
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (153KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
153KB, 1440x1080px
>>4162387
>implying
>>
>>4162076
It wasn't.
>>
>>4162397
All of those fanfic remakes are making the real deal harder to find.
>>
>>4162397
>was
>>4162407
>>
>>4155634
where do you think we are idiot
>>
>>4155483
>We speculate an additional Zelda game of the N64 era. What if it was a trilogy? So to speak. The game would star the Hero of Time. What would you have liked to have seen?

You don't need to speculate, it was supposed to be a trilogy.

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_64DD
>>
It's typical for LoZ games to have multiple versions of the same locations like time travel, 3-day cycle, light/dark world, etc.
What could be something that is orignal and how would you get to the other versions of the map?
I really liked playing with the magic mirror in ALttP, but something completely new would be nice.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.