[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the Amiga suck so bad? >doesn't have anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: amiga_everything_machine.jpg (104KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
amiga_everything_machine.jpg
104KB, 600x392px
Why does the Amiga suck so bad?

>doesn't have anything consoles don't
>games perform at or less than their console counterpart, or worse
>game already exists on console AND looks worse on amiga
>countless immemorable shmups
>countless nonsensical click-around games

Literal shit covered in glitter in the truest sense of the expression
>>
File: amiga.png (351KB, 616x410px) Image search: [Google]
amiga.png
351KB, 616x410px
>>4155379
The Amiga is the best computer with the best games, fuck off ya cunt.
>>
>>4155382
My point still stands -- more than half the games pictured have an equivalent or better on a console
>>
>>4155379
it's funny how amiga games are similar to shitty cell phone games now so it's like decades upon decades of being awful
>>
Why do we have to have this tired bait thread everyday?
>>
>>4155379
gr8 b8 m8 I r8 2/8

>>4155387
On >>4155382 picture? No.
>>
>>4155682
Autism. Maybe personal hatred. Butthurt? Dunno, it's pretty pathetic though.
>>
>>4155682
A couple eurobabies are butthurt they kept getting BTFO by yanks in Amiga threads so they just shitpost.
>>
>>4156020

It's gotta be some console-related brain damage in there, too. There's a lot of focus on the concept of "exclusives" which is retarded in a home computer context.
>>
>>4156020
>A couple eurobabies are butthurt they kept getting BTFO by yanks in Amiga threads so they just shitpost.
wait, americans shitting on their own hardware while they have nothing better to put against it?
>>
>>4155682
Because Australia-kun was shitposting the other day and OP wanted to troll his favourite platform.
>>
Why are the kids here suddenly so obsessed with this meme about a computer they have never owned or used?
>>
>>4157394

>>4156020
>>4156084
>>4155623
>>4155387
>>
>>4157316
>OP wanted to troll his favourite platform.
I do that, I shit on it for keks sometimes.
It's not like /vr/ isn't a shithole already.
>>
>>4157509

>/vr/ is a shithole
>I'm helping!
>>
>>4157572
There's not much you could do to genuinely help.
>>
>>4157582

Sure there is. Make good posts, ignore bad ones, report trollish ones. It won't make a huge difference if you're all alone, but it pulls things in the right direction, and if enough people did it, the board wouldn't be a shithole anymore.
>>
>>4157591
One can dream.
/vr/ just pulls in too many autists.
>>
>>4157593
Almost every board on 4chan is worse tbr (to be real)
>>
>>4156084
I'm pretty sure they're 5th gen kids. The fact that most think the 500 or 600 was the first or only Amiga is a give away.
>>
I grew up with a Amiga 600. I'll probably used that machine longer than some of the trolls here posting have lived.

One of the advantages was probably cheap pirate copies of games, I think we only had a couple of bought games. The crack demos in the intro of the games were usually a blast.

I'm really sad my amiga 600 died, but it's too big a hassle to get it to work again.
>>
>>4155379
Sure americlap, sure
whatever you say

And RGB isn't the best cable, right?
>>
>>4158840
>RGB isn't the best cable
>cable
Kekerony
>>
Except it came out in 1985 and out performed consoles for a decade.
>>
>>4159342

Yeah, while I wouldn't say "a decade" -- the 16 bit consoles outperform an OCS Amiga in several ways -- it's pretty obvious that the Amiga basically jumped ahead an entire hardware generation when it was released.
It's a shame old Jack 'Dick" Tramiel fucked things up regarding the second generation Amigas. If he hadn't been such an ass, we likely would have seen the AA chipset come out, instead of having it delayed for years due to the massive cuts in Commodore's research budget, only to get just a partial release in the cut-down form that was AGA.
>>
>>4159396
>Jack 'Dick" Tramiel
He was in Atari already when the Amiga even came first out.
Option disregarded.
>>
>>4159413

Wait, you're right, I'm misremembering. The thing that Tramiel did that fucked the Amiga over was when he left he got about half the engineers to go with him.
I plead old fart with faulty memory.
>>
>>4159428
>The thing that Tramiel did that fucked the Amiga over was when he left he got about half the engineers to go with him.
Amiga always wanted it's own team and always had, Amiga (Hi-Toro) was (at first) engineers from Atari who left Atari, latter finding other top tier guys to hire. Amiga was a thing before Commodore acquired them, mind you.

What he did was find out about the Atari Amiga contract that Commodore tried to lie about and started fucking Commodore with it, severely delaying Amiga at first against the Atari ST and also stealing a lot from the Amiga.
>>
LOL at all the buttmad palfags
>>
>>4159938
>didn't get the joke
Also, RGB is the best.
>>
File: 1501501116194.jpg (90KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1501501116194.jpg
90KB, 800x1000px
>>4159943
Stay ignorant Never The Same Colo....ur, while we have actual fun instead butthurt.
>>
>>4155379
k
>>
File: Trump-clapping-603590.jpg (24KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Trump-clapping-603590.jpg
24KB, 590x350px
>>4155379
U.S.A
U.S.A
U.S.A
U.S.A
>>
>>4160958
Yes, US of A bestest, they made the Amiga!
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.