[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possibly about to get a Saturn. Anything I should now? Aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Ce8FXwAXIAIJowp.jpg (112KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
Ce8FXwAXIAIJowp.jpg
112KB, 600x685px
Possibly about to get a Saturn.
Anything I should now? Aren't they prone to laser problems these days?

Also what are some good games worth getting outside of the obvious? Particularly imports. every list or forum thread about imports always seems to be people suggesting the same 5 games.
>>
>>4154408
Digital Dance Mix Vol.1 Namie Amurohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJLAlCbF3A
>>
>>4154408
>Aren't they prone to laser problems these days?
Saturns are pretty well built, there's always a chance you might get problems, especially if you're buying online and the system needs to get shipped by mail, the seller has to be very careful about the packaging, but compared to PlayStation 1, Saturns are a lot more durable in general.
You also want the Action Replay 4 in 1 cart for region-free, saving and extra RAM.
Mind you, in my experience the Action Replay carts aren't reliable when it comes to saves, I got my saves swiped off one day, but there's another useful thing you can do with an AR cart: install Pseudosaturn on it, which makes you able to play backups. You lose the ability to save or use the built-in cheat features, but you still get the extra RAM and by default the region free bypass.
For saving, my recommendation is to use the internal battery and buying an official Sega memory cart to store your saves safely. Most likely, if you buy a Saturn, its internal battery will be dead - no big issue, just buy a new one (like $1) and replace it, it can be done easily without opening the console. It lets you set the clock and date on your system, and save directly to it. You can then copy saves to the memory cart if you need space, also because one day, that battery will stop working too, but they can last a few years.
There's also the possibility of getting a modchip, but I'm not sure about the quality of modern Saturn modchips. If you can get a Saturn that's already chipped, that's also a good idea. But you'll still want the Action Replay cart for the extra RAM for the games that require it.

As for imports, it depends on what kind of games you're looking for.
I recommend Baku Baku Animal, I think even the US version is cheap. Pretty underrated Sega puzzle game, similar to Puyo Puyo/Tetris Attack, hella fun.
But you will enjoy the Saturn more if you don't really care much about getting original games, many of the best ones can be pricey.
>>
>>4154495
Thanks, didn't know about the battery, but I have a bunch of them laying around so that wont be a problem.
I'm not planning on buying too many games anyway, as I live in a pal region so about 7 Saturn games were actually released here.
>>
>>4154408
>Anything I should now?
Aside from how to spell? Maybe. Depends what your plans are.
>>
>>4154408
>Also what are some good games worth getting outside of the obvious? Particularly imports. every list or forum thread about imports always seems to be people suggesting the same 5 games.
Fucking hell, look at the catalogue.
>>
Don't.
>>
>>4154408
House Of The Dead
Virtual On
Virtua Cop
Fighting Vipers
Mr. Bones

Also if you might want to get the video game of Segata Sanshiro.
>>
Get a Saturn and Rhea or a Saturn Satisfier
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.