[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are flea markets in terms of getting retro games? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

How are flea markets in terms of getting retro games? I've never seen a single thread about them here.
>>
>>4153908
Depends on where you go. I've been to several flea markets that had games and usually for good prices.
Some that had awful prices. But usually any swap meet has stuff for stupid cheap.
>>
>>4153914
What about the Fort Lauderdale Swap Shop, the "largest daily flea market in the world".
>>
>>4153928

IS that place still open? Last time I was there you couldn't go out any later than 10AM because it became a concrete pavement skillet. I swear my flip flops started to melt. You don't forget heat like that.
>>
>>4153928
I've never been there, Anon. Best ones I ever visited were in North Carolina. Was able to pick up SNES titles for $1.50 each.
>>
>>4153908
it depends the one near me charges 50$ for any n64 or snes game
>>
>>4153908
Your best place to get "insane deals" is by going to places where Video Games aren't the focus and getting lucky.

>Go to furniture auction
>there's a bunch of video game stuff there for some fucking reason
>One lot
>sold for 45 to me
>OG Xbox, 2 controllers and hookups
>Model 2 Sega Genesis console only
>Silver Nintendo DS lite in amazing condition (besides some surface stickyness)
>Silver Gamecube console only, faulty controller port
>PS3 with YLOD. Managed to bring it back with the hairdryer trick, but need to reapply thermal paste and solder to get it to stay on for more than 5 minutes.
>Wii that doesn't output video
>a ton of random DVD's
>a bunch of games I didn't have (Sudeki, Minority Report, Hitman Collection, extra wii-play, some xbox demo discs)
>A bunch of sports games I did have, including Goldeneye (which turned out to have a board swap for Fifa)
>some kind of cool controllers and extras, 2 1st party PS2, a gamecube controller, a third party gamecube controller, third party OG Xbox controller, a nyko 3rd party fan attachment for 360, 2 wii-remotes, an SNES power adapter, a 3rd party cable

I basically went through and sold everything I didn't want and right now I've broken even, and I got the sega genesis, the games, and a bunch of cool peripherals for stuff, and have a good chunk of other stuff to still sell or give away like the DVD's.

eBay is terrible for deals for buyers, and sellers get destroyed by fees.

Check out your local auction houses and see, sometimes theres games. There was one auciton around here that had like 15 PS3's and they each sold for like 5 bucks. It was a bit too far away for me to snag them, but If you're tech savvy and can fix stuff if it doesn't work, you can get some great deals.
>>
>>4153908
They haven't been talked about much in the few weeks you've been here.
I got most of my stuff at fleamarkets and not from vidya resellers who happen to have a stall there. That can be hit and miss. I've gone plenty of times and not found a single piece of vidya. But every so often I find incredible deals. Takes time and patience.
>>
>>4155160
Fuck off, summerfungus. I've been here since /vr/ beta.
>>
>>4153908
Pretty shit in my experience. I go to one every Sunday and rarely find deals. Typically it's people with some shovelware and one guy who owns a store and sells stuff for ebay prices.

Still, when you find something it's great. Got a snes for $7 from a fleamarket so there's always hope.
>>
>>4153928
Never saw any video games the couple times I went there, probably because its largely an indoor flea market.
Cool to see some SFL anons here, but I'd advise getting out of the shithole that is fort lauderdale as soon as possible.
>>
>>4155573
Sure you have summerfriend. That's why you've never seen a single one of the hundreds of threads.
>>
>>4156026
Maybe I don't spend every waking hour on here. Ever considered that, summerflab?
>>
>>4156030
>don't spend every waking hour on here
>posts a few hours apart
Top kek kid. This is a slow board. Threads last weeks. You'd know that if you weren't summer. Project harder.
>>
>>4155597
Ft. Lauderdale isn't that bad
>>
>>4156435
Not as bad as miami or hialeah for sure
>>
>>4155597
I don't live there, it's just the closest flea market.
>>
>>4156547
Exactly.
>>
>>4154634
Where the fuck did you find good shit in NC
I know for a fact that wake, pitt, and davidson counties don't have jack shit
>>
>>4155573
>summerfungus
this is so precious
>>
>>4153928
I've been a few times around 2 years ago. A couple of vendors have some games but don't expect to get anything good for a super low price. I got a couple crap NED games for cheap but all the good stuff is cornered and sold at a higher price by this one game vendor guy. As a result a lot of the other vendors who have games realized their value and increased prices to ebay tier
>>
File: Stocking with Garter Belt.jpg (72KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Stocking with Garter Belt.jpg
72KB, 720x720px
Flea markets, especially large ones ALWAYS have some "video game guy" (or guys) who start their weekend as everyone is setting up and buy any and all video games from every other seller with fairly high pressure tactics. These are the same guys that will knock on doors of houses that are going to be having yard sales days early or at 5am.

It used to be fairly easy to pick up large lots and break them down and trade. Fun even. For like a decade now these kind of pricks have upped the ante too high for self-respecting hobbyists.

Literally the most satisfying experience I've had is keeping these dudes on my radar for when they realize that as a career, it pays about as well per hour as flipping burgers and nothing sucks the joy out of a hobby like turning it into a full time job. At that point you can buy them out or better yet cherry pick them or BEST yet, make nice-nice with some employee of theirs they pay shitty and treat shitty and cherry pick through her before the ship sinks.

So yeah, if you're actually going to get a killer deal from a flea market these days look for the video game seller who ISN'T there - either employing some extremely bored looking young person or completely missing his whole booth then find where his games are collecting dust at.
>>
>>4158482
oh sweety *smacks lips*
>>
File: 1494872726100.jpg (207KB, 956x923px) Image search: [Google]
1494872726100.jpg
207KB, 956x923px
>at flea market yesterday
>looking through guy's stuff, this is the reseller always there
>find game I have been looking for
>ps1 game, open up case to see no disk
>go up to vendor to ask if he knows where the disk is
>"uh...not sure", then walks away
Fuck these guys. You can treat someone willing to buy from you a bit better.
>>
>>4158478
Not that guy, but like anywhere else you need to be near the big cities. Charlotte, the Triad probably, Raleigh, maybe Boone.
>>
Already picked clean in my area orz
>>
Used to be good for deals around 10 or so years ago, but now they all price according to ebay
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.