[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why isnt the rest of the 6th gen systems (xbox, ps2, gamecube,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: hirooooo.png (329KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
hirooooo.png
329KB, 389x386px
why isnt the rest of the 6th gen systems (xbox, ps2, gamecube, and gba) allowed for discussion on /vr/ ? the nintendo switch has already been released so we are on 9th gen now.
>>
Because the rules ever say that we'll allow more generations, as new generations keep coming. It just says that DC is allowed, but in fact, DC is allowed by default because it's a system released in 1998 (1999 in the west), which fits the board's rules criteria.

/v2k/ is the solution you're looking for.
>>
>>4153192
inb4 banned for not retro
>>
>>4153195
do you really think there will be no room for Comfy SNES Music threads or CRT shitposting if we allowed in the PS2 and Xbox?
This board is painfully slow as it is. Splitting the retrogame userbase further is unjustifiable.
>>
>>4153203
Nah 3rd, 4th and 5th gen will still have a place. But stuff like 2nd gen or older, or pinball threads wouldn't stand a chance in a neo-/vr/ with 6th gen console war shitposting.

/v2k/ is the solution you're looking for, mail Hiro about it.
>>
File: hiro lets us have one.png (83KB, 817x183px) Image search: [Google]
hiro lets us have one.png
83KB, 817x183px
It's not funny.
>>
>>4153209
It's hilarious.
>>
File: killyourselfcranky.png (476KB, 574x413px) Image search: [Google]
killyourselfcranky.png
476KB, 574x413px
>>4153192
GBA is the only platform that needs to be allowed in under current rules.

Now fuck off with this shit, baitposter.
>>
>>4153192
No, should be systems released before 1999 or bust, nothing new should ever be added. Dreamcast should never have been added, why it is allowed is beyond me.
>>
>>4153192
>i didn't read the sticky
You pretty much answered your own question
>>
This threads will accomplish NOTHING and you will all waste your times. FAGS.
>>
>>4153192
Because that would allow discussing "retro" games as recent as Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 or FIFA 14, both released on PS2.
>>
>>4153192
Fuck off.
>>
>>4153192
Because the Dreamcast was released before 2000 and the others weren't.

Because "retro" does not mean "three generations in the past", that would be retarded.

Because the Dreamcast died before gaming became the garbage watered-down hyper-commercialized cesspool that it is today, while the other consoles you mentioned lived to see the dawn of that era.
>>
>>4153195
>he Sega Dreamcast will now be considered "retro",
>will now
>>
The second half of the sticky text should be deleted to avoid confusion. The 1999 part already covers the Dreamcast.
>>
>>4153192
4chan would be better if we banned meta threads.
>>
>>4153192
fuck off.
>>
>>4153247
Your point being?
>>
GBA should be allowed. It's basically a portable SNES.
>>
>>4153192
because MUH 2000
>>
>>4153192
>>4153195
>/v2k/ is the solution you're looking for.
You could open a thread in /vg/ that covers the 6th gen.

>>4153221
>Dreamcast should never have been added, why it is allowed is beyond me.
They cut the production really early.
>>
>>4153360
And a decent chunk of the catalog are snes and other /vr/ ports as well
>>
I agree that the gamecube and xbox aren't retro but do early ps2 games count as retro? a game like timesplitters for example.
>>
>>4153360
but then you could make the argument the ds and psp should be allowed since they're basically portable gen 5 consoles
>>
>>4153408
That's a reasonable argument, yes.
>>
>>4153207
>6th gen console war
which war?

it's the most obvious one in that sony and gba steamrolled the rest
>>
>>4153487
The ones that we had many times in meta-threads like this. That was enough of a bad taste for what's to come if 6th gen is ever allowed here.
>>
>>4153221
>before 1999
So the DC released in 1998.
>numbers is beyond me
lel
>>
>With the release of the 8th generation of consoles, the Sega Dreamcast will now be considered "retro", though the remainder of the sixth generation (Xbox, PS2, GameCube) will not.
>With the release of the 8th generation
its 9th gen now so at the very least the ps2 has to be included since it came out before the xbox/gc. i dont understand why /vr/ has a hard time accepting this.
>>
>>4153775
We need ps2. You cant expect anyone to make a gta 3 or Max Payne thread on /v/ when they were all still in diapers when it came out and the board is cancer.
>>
>>4153775
Read: >>4153251
That bit about 8th gen was just an excuse to justify the Dreamcast being allowed, but the most important thing is that DC was released before the year 2000.
I also want to discuss 6th and 7th gen, but /vr/ is not the place. We need /v2k/
>>
>>4153775
Because the way the term is used here is not a sliding timescale.

It doesn't mean "retro" as in something older than the present, it refers to a very specific era. It's like how (excepting shitty radio stations), "classic rock" very specifically refers to artists who started in the 60's and 70's, not just "music that's a certain number of years old". Adding Nirvana and Madonna would be dumb because it's a completely different kind of music.

Dreamcast was only allowed because people were complaining and Dreamcast has such a small library and fanbase that allowing it doesn't affect much, whereas PS2, GCN and GBA were insanely popular, probably more popular than any retro console other than NES and SNES.

It's true there's now a growing ghetto between retro and current gen, but does it really need its own board? You can talk about PS2 and GCN games just fine on /v/, and while of course /v/ is an intolerable shithole, making endless spinoff boards is not the solution to that, and neither is making /vr/ just "/v/ with a smaller userbase".
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.