[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's a "western-made platformer with weird, vague,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 2756569-2253331155-22338.jpg (45KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
2756569-2253331155-22338.jpg
45KB, 475x347px
>it's a "western-made platformer with weird, vague, difficult to determine hitboxes for both characters and platforms, coupled with a graphical style that makes it hard to distinguish actual usable platforms from the background or general level decoration" episode
>>
>It's a shit thread.
>>
>>4151893
virgin aladdin > capcom aladdin

deal with it weeb
>>
You mean, like, Aladdin, The Lion King, Earthworm Jim, Cold Shadow, Garfield Caught in the Act and Pitfall The Mayan Adventure?
West can't into hitboxes.
>>
File: 1485277460393.gif (449KB, 188x138px) Image search: [Google]
1485277460393.gif
449KB, 188x138px
>>4151942
>>
>>4151893
>Good 16-bit Mickey games
Castle of Illusion, World of Illusion, Magical Quest, Magical Quest 2, Magical Quest 3, Mickey no Tokyo Disneyland Daibouken

>Average 16-bit Mickey games
Mickey Mania

>Bad 16-bit Mickey games
Fantasia
>>
>>4152072
Fuck that game is bad. :\
>>
>>4152074
How do you rate Circus mystery?
I recently got it bundles with a used SNES I bought the past week
>>
File: snes_jungle_book_p_enny13.jpg (66KB, 640x463px) Image search: [Google]
snes_jungle_book_p_enny13.jpg
66KB, 640x463px
Easily the worst Disney/Virgin game

>>4151942
At least I know where my apple is going in SNES Aladdin
>>
>>4151942
Is Virgin's Jungle Book and Pinocchio worth checking out?
>>
>>4151893
Fuck you I like this game

but those are valid complaints
>>
>>4153426
Keep in mind Genesis Jungle Book and Snes Jungle Book are entirely different games almost in different genres. The Genesis game is exploratory and the Snes is an action platformer.
But yeah they are definitely worth checking out, Pinocchio not so much it is lot slower and puzzle and item fetch quest driven but still alright.
>>
>>4151893
How's the Genesis port of Mickey Mania I was looking forward to buy it
>>
File: 1408894845359.jpg (34KB, 469x563px) Image search: [Google]
1408894845359.jpg
34KB, 469x563px
>That slow movement and animation on SNES Pinocchio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngzO-0LLlgQ

>Genesis version Pinocchio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ok9y2rf1ZQ

I didn't realize how much of a difference Blast Processing would make, I thought it was all just a meme
>>
>>4153415
Circus Mystery is Magical Quest 2
>>4153486
They're both shit regardless, too bad because the graphical design and animations are pretty.
>>
>>4153430
I enjoy it too, though I've yet to play it all the way through in one sitting. The graphics and music are nice and it is generally fun to play. I think the elevator section with the skeletons really puts the hitbox issue on display. I think the focus on large, expressive sprites that were likely designed primarily from an animation perspective rather than from a gameplay perspective is probably the core of the issue.

>>4153439
I think maybe the Genesis one is the original? Or they were developed simultaneously? Not sure. Haven't played the Genesis one myself, but apparently there are some effects, areas, and animations or something not found in the SNES version.
>>
>>4153729
>Circus Mystery is Magical Quest 2
I see, the cart didn't have that name
Thank you for the info
>>
>>4151893
>it's the inferior version
>>
>>4153793
All versions have the same gameplay issues.
>>
>>4153801
snes has loadings and a missing stage.
also, there's no hitbox problem, you just need to take things slow.
>>
>>4153807
>also, there's no hitbox problem, you just need to take things slow.
There are hitbox problems. The game is not unplayable, but the controls are a bit off.
Its forte is the visual presentation.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuei_mpVBTU

Mickey Mania on SNES is notoriously bad
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.